Retired Footballer
7 January 2007
Budapest
Hungary
1457028_w2.jpg

YouTube - UEFA Europa League Intro 2012-2013

I5VSA.jpg

Last edited:
I went to AZ - Anzhi, have just returned from the stadium...

What a spanking that was.

I am still amazed, what high-profile clubs didn't make it to the group stages. Watching the drawing right now and German clubs have a quite good chance to reach the eliminations. Group J looks like the hardest group so far.

* groups added, in the 1st post

Group G is a very though group regarding the almost same quality that the teams represent in it but i think Videoton has the chance to advance. And Paulo Sousa will lead Videoton against his former team where he played, Sporting Lisboa.

Last edited:
it seems that Falcao has also brought Atletico some luck as well as his massive contribution on the pitch.

Poor Gladbach. 1st international Groupstage Match since years and they are sending a b-squad for first match - unbelievable. The "lost" points will really hurt in the end.

Genk - Videoton , 3-0 it wasnt like that, it could be easily a 1-1, or a 2-1, or anything, Vidi could do well with a bitmore concentration

Twente - Hannover,2-2 with a lot of luck(own goal from the dutch team) Huszti's team got that 1 point (i didnt see the match)

Athletic Bilbao - Kiryat Shmona, 1-1 , wow Lencse's team just ended up with a draw with the last years finalist! thats promising

Genk - Videoton , 3-0 it wasnt like that, it could be easily a 1-1, or a 2-1, or anything, Vidi could do well with a bitmore concentration

I saw the match live in Genk.
Videoton were dominated the first 45 miuntes.
They were the better team for 15 minutes in the second half. But even in that period Genk could have scored twice on counter.
After the second goal it was all over.

It could have benn 1-1? Yes Videoton could have scored one or mayb two goals, but Genk could have scored 5,6 or 7.

Anyway good luck to Videoton.

I'm really liking Lazio's Petkovic. This guy is unknown in Italy but has brought Lazio a game plan, concentration and composure. It makes them look like a real team!

Yeah looking good so far although it's way too early to judge him properly.

I do wonder how he GOT this job though! I mean c'mon, what are this guy's credentials to get a job like Lazio's!? He came out of nowhere! This is where connections pay off....

I saw the match live in Genk.
Videoton were dominated the first 45 miuntes.
They were the better team for 15 minutes in the second half. But even in that period Genk could have scored twice on counter.
After the second goal it was all over.

It could have benn 1-1? Yes Videoton could have scored one or mayb two goals, but Genk could have scored 5,6 or 7.

Anyway good luck to Videoton.

i wrote that because Paolo Souza's main tactic based on defence, then as u wrote Videoton dominated 15 minutes in the 2nd half , creating a few chances wich where promising, dangerous and if they scored from one of them then they would switched back to defence after the equalizer imo...but that didnt happend so they continued to attack and Genk has the chance to build a lot of counter attacks and ofcourse scored goals from them

Tomorrow Videoton can advance if beats Basel and if Genk beats or plays a draw with Sporting. Would be the biggest succes of the hungarian football for a long, long time!

Don't get your hopes high about Genk, they have lots of injuries.
Their coach has already said that he would consider a draw as a huge success. Personally i think they will be thrashed by Sporting.
On top of that, Sporting's new coach (Vercauteren) is Genk's former coach...talking about inside knowledge.

I do hope that Videotobn are already qualified when Genk has to play them...

Taison was a beast already when he played in Internacional, he deserve a more competitive club/league ;)

On the other hand, Cavani not even in Ballon d'Or shortlist.
ThNkc.gif

Don't get your hopes high about Genk, they have lots of injuries.
Their coach has already said that he would consider a draw as a huge success. Personally i think they will be thrashed by Sporting.
On top of that, Sporting's new coach (Vercauteren) is Genk's former coach...talking about inside knowledge.

I do hope that Videotobn are already qualified when Genk has to play them...

oh crap :D

LOL.
Genk lost two points. They played really well.
They should have won this match and Sporting should have ended it with 8 players instead of 10.

Just forgot to say : What a huge Lyon team last night !!!
Defeating last year's finalist 2 times and a great show in Ligue 1; I'm really starting to like that team !

Genk did not deserve to win in Videoton...
Well they are playing in Europe after new year for the first time. Well done, except this last match, they played a great group stage.

Back
Top Bottom