Europa League 2012/13

Fener please come again :D

With Meireles and especially M.Topal, things would be different.They are the most important players in our system.

And gaitan is an obvious gay in benfica:

attachment.php

With Meireles and especially M.Topal, things would be different.They are the most important players in our system.

And gaitan is an obvious gay in benfica:

attachment.php
What are you talking about, you´ve played this match with 12 players(referee). Benfica could win this game by 5-1,6-1.

Well... just arrived from the stadium. Great atmosphere!:)

First of all, I'm very happy to see that Gönül is ok. We were all worried at the stadium. People started chanting because a few years ago when our player Feher died on the pitch they were asking for us to make noise in order to get a reaction from him.

Secondly, my congrats to Fenerbahçe... I think they are weaker than Benfica but they weren't lucky with the injuries tonight. I hope someday you'll reach an european final as you deserve, for your great fans. They were all over the city but as far as I know they were always polite (no matter their reputation). In the end they clapped our team and our fans, and we did the same. I know it's not easy when you miss a final... so thank you for your attitude.

About the game, Benfica was huge tonight, in my opinion, until we got the result we needed. Knowing how tired these guys must be (51st game of the season) it's impressive. Matic, Cardozo, Enzo Perez and Gaitan were amazing, in my view.
Then, Benfica just 'killed' the game. I don't like it, but I understand. Next monday we have another tough match and we needed to slow down the tempo. I agree they were a little over the top with the time wasting in the end. That's also european experience...but nevertheless, I felt sorry for 2 reasons. First, we could easily scored 1 or 2 more and end it right away, secondly Fenerbahçe was almost ever fair on the pitch, and didn't waste too much time.
About the refereeing, I think it was a pretty bad one. In a semi finals, getting an away goal due to a linesman mistake and not awarding a penalty might be quite decisive. Just like on the first leg, where Fener deserved to win (but the goal was from a corner that shouldn't had been given).

Anyway... another final. We're the 7th club with most finals in europe. I think we deserve for so much we suffered the last decades.
Chelsea will be a tough opponent, but I laugh at those who say that Chelsea will win it easily.
Benfica have an important match against Porto before that game, but I hope we are fit enough to face both encounters with our normal level.

Im rooting for Benfica! I couldn`t believe the fans were chanting Mourinho! He got sacked! Benfica all the way :BOP:

Chelsea vs Basel 3:1

Yesterday was a perfect match! In its tension he did not concede to Champions League matches, because the team with his play forced me to watch it with great interest, look into any moment, so well they were playing. Especially interesting was after the first goal of Sallah, though I am not a fan of Basel, but after that moment, I suddenly began to hope that now, in the second half, Basel will score the second goal and IT WILL HAPPEN, the Swiss Miracle on Stamford Bridge, but alas, it did not happen. Most likely, this is explained by the fact that in the first half, Chelsea did not play to his strength, but in the second half, they were involved in the game and calmly scored three goals. Loved the goal of Luis, it was a masterpiece, the decoration of match, thanks you man for such a wonderful a goal! The end of the match was not as colorful, but Basel have struggled, no doubt because this team has proved to be a real fighter, but I think that they realized that they did not return to the fight already, though Rubin could almost (:P) ... Also loved Filled Stamford Bridge, thanks you fans for such support. Btw, it seemed me what the fans of Basel was even more fans than Chelsea.

Anyway, thanks Chelsea and Basel for such a wonderful match, it is for these matches I love the Europa League. Good luck Chelsea in the Final, and good luck to Basel in the Swiss Championship, hope to see you in next season's Champions League as a Champion of Switzerland. ;)

In the first half, Petr Cech had the ball more than any other Chelsea player, followed by Gary Cahill.

Sumptuous football indeed.

If Benfica knew how to shoot, they'd be out of sight. Fortunately for Chelsea, no one appears to have told Benfica that the point of this sport isn't beautiful touches or great possession, but rather kicking the round thing into the big net thing.

Wow, that is a TOUGH offside. Personally think his 'ball playing parts' are level, and the advantage should go to the attacker.

Chelsea are totally going to win this, despite being utterly dominated.

Gosh, what a finish! That is the hardest way to loose a final, feel very sorry for Benfica. But the goal could have been prevented easily, if there would have been someone next to the post.

Anyway, there is a rule saying a game isn't over until the last whisle. And Chelsea proved this again after last year in Munich.

Edit: And I'm angry I didn't be on it, it predicted exactly the same result when talking to my friends earlier today.

I feel sorry for Benfica, they deserved to win more than Chelsea imo.

the first goal should be allowed...

you have to agree that Cheslea were ruthless...

heads up Benfica fans.

Also am I the only one who kind of thinks Chelsea should be a bit more humble about this? They're the reigning 'real' European champions, and this is little more than a second rate competition for a club of their standing.

Middlesborough were competing for this trophy in the final just a couple years ago.

Hide yo plastic flags, hide yo rafa out banners Chelsea just won Europe League.
Anyway, imo Benfica played more and better but that's football, i think at least go to penalties were deserved.

Congrats to Chelsea! We didn't deserve to lose...it hurts so much losing this way..

You can't imagine how any Benfica fan feels right now. Benfica lost both the league (most certainly) and the Europa League on injury time. 92th and 93th minute...in 4 days. 7th european final lost in a row. Words can't describe how I'm feeling right now...

Anyway, congrats to Chelsea fans. And David Luiz & Ramires.

Also am I the only one who kind of thinks Chelsea should be a bit more humble about this? They're the reigning 'real' European champions, and this is little more than a second rate competition for a club of their standing.

Middlesborough were competing for this trophy in the final just a couple years ago.

Happy night mate. Happy end to a season. Let them enjoy it :)

jammy plastic bastards, chelsea really do play some unbelievably awful football. benfica dominated this game almost whole 90 minutes.

football really is shit sometimes.

Benfica are very unlucky they played some very entertaining football and were very slick with the ball. They created a few chances but didn't take them - you can't afford to do that at the very highest level, especially when they conceeded preventable goals - a long ball and an unmarked header from a corner. Credit to Chelsea though, they took their chances and have another European trophy, they've salvaged a good season out of what might have been a disaster.

Credit to Eusebio too, he was a sensational player and was very sporting at the end there.

Im so sorry for Benfica ! :CRY: They were great! A club w/ stability :WORSHIP: I hope the fans can unite w/ one another.Oh and for Rafa nice trophy for your collection. I hope you find work soon.

Benfica controlled the match but couldn't finish its chances as well as Chelsea. That's what football is all about. The same happened last year in the UCL final.

I feel sorry for Benfica and its fans. You are strong and eventually you will win too.

Well done Chelsea. I am so happy right now.

Back
Top Bottom