English Premier League thread

I think all big teams are favoured by refs, even in Italy. Theres a lot of pressure and you just know the media would murder the referee if something went against the big 4.

Yes Milanista, but to be fair, certain things are quite logical.
It would be logical if teams like Man Utd, Arsenal, Milan, Inter, Roma have more penalties, because they dominate other teams...
It's logical that when you attack more, you are more in the 16 metres of your adversaries and by consequence it's only logical that you should have more penalties (which isn't always true).

There are many examples where the 'lesser' team plays a lot better then the 'big' team gets a penalty or a controversial decision. For example Inter's penalty against Parma.

GOOD POST! gerd

I also notice Manutd`s players mimic the same words as SAF does...It`s the waving of the invisible card to the ref and now off the pitch to the media. Head games at it`s best...Mourinho didn`t need help in that department ,but then again he got sacked. Can`t sack SAF if the whole team is shouting the same sentiments

Nah like I said Eboue was looking at the ball the WHOLE time, can't find a vid at present. Eboue's reputation preceeded him n this occasion.

OK, found the Eboué one v Utd in the Cup. He is looking at the ball, but he is also pointing straight at Evra. In his peripheral vision he must see that Evra is there. Making what he is about to do reckless and dangerous. Just compare how they both go to win the ball. Evra goes to header it, but is that the way Eboué tries to trap a ball in training?

We need the Mido video, but I'm certain he just knows Clichy is behind him. No idea that he is about to pop from behind and viciously headbutt Mido's studs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH5t58FCs3k

Ok just seen the Mido one again and I think BobbyBox is right, Mido has to know he's there. Dangerous, but I don't think spiteful.

GOOD POST! gerd

I also notice Manutd`s players mimic the same words as SAF does...It`s the waving of the invisible card to the ref and now off the pitch to the media. Head games at it`s best...

Do you actually WATCH Arsenal when they play mate? Gallas is forever pulling out invisible cards, asking the ref to book opposing players! As for mind games, Wenger is a GENIUS at it!

:LOL:

Do you actually WATCH Arsenal when they play mate? Gallas is forever pulling out invisible cards, asking the ref to book opposing players! As for mind games, Wenger is a GENIUS at it!

Yes my friend, but they do it with style, like Mourinho did...Ferguson is a bully...and although Critstiano Ronaldo is a genius, i really hate him...i can't stand the sight of him, he's such a drama queen...
Man Utd fans will say that i'm prejudiced, well Man Utd at the moment have a few of my favourite players: Evra, Giggs (one of my all-time favourites), Tevez, Vander Sar, Foster...but i really can't stand Ronaldo...

I know what you mean gerd. I want to punch him when he puts his bottom lip out and creases up his forehead when he's missed a shot.

Yes my friend, but they do it with style, like Mourinho did...Ferguson is a bully...and although Critstiano Ronaldo is a genius, i really hate him...i can't stand the sight of him, he's such a drama queen...
Man Utd fans will say that i'm prejudiced, well Man Utd at the moment have a few of my favourite players: Evra, Giggs (one of my all-time favourites), Tevez, Vander Sar, Foster...but i really can't stand Ronaldo...

Why?i saw a dvd on him and he looks like a nice guy,humble, polite.But i can understand you as i have exactly the same feeling about this little cunt of Fabregas ,just hate his face!!

I`m referring off the pitch when some speak to the media..using the exact words of SAF(carrick,hargo,giggs,Ronaldo to name a few)...tbh on the pitch is fair game if the whole lot is doing it

My favorite comment by SAF was after the Arsenal FaCup game when we got batter...He said C.Ronaldo was injured due to diarrhea :LOL:

SAF is doing it again with his repeated calls to "protect" Ronaldo

I like how Rafa called him out on it though. I hope the ref is indeed unbiased and fair to ALL players.

SAF is doing it again with his repeated calls to "protect" Ronaldo

I like how Rafa called him out on it though. I hope the ref is indeed unbiased and fair to ALL players.

Yup. Hopefully the ref is unbiased, and we can have a fair game.

I respect Ronaldo and Ferguson immensely as a player and manager, respectively, and are one of the world's best in their fields. But, some of the interviews disgust me. I saw Ronaldo's interview after Pompy, where he was moaning about being scared to perform skills, and how he would have to 'change' his skills to play. Really, I needed a sick bag then :TD:

If he's scared to perform his skills, then he has to search another profession...sooner or later there will be a player who will take revenge on Ronaldo for all his diving...i know one should not take revenge, but in that case, Ronaldo would also have to blame himself...

Well i guess it's all subjective....i simply adore Fabregas...i know from a journalist acquaintance that off the field Fabregas is the nicest football star he has ever met...

^^ Nah don't agree with this. Its a cop out.

Next time you see Ronaldo take a tumble and the ref blows for a foul, imagine its Robert Pires wearing an Arsenal shirt and then decide whether it was a foul or not.

i have never seen pires run with the pace and power and all out recklessness as ronaldo.. it seems to me when players of that pace are going that fast, it doesnt take much to knock them down... and i think many times that the contact looks slight, people dont take account physics or the laws of gravity

If he's scared to perform his skills, then he has to search another profession...sooner or later there will be a player who will take revenge on Ronaldo for all his diving...i know one should not take revenge, but in that case, Ronaldo would also have to blame himself...

Well i guess it's all subjective....i simply adore Fabregas...i know from a journalist acquaintance that off the field Fabregas is the nicest football star he has ever met...

wait a minute, so taylor is a monster, but if he injured ronaldo, then ronaldo only has to blame himself and he deserved it... cmon gerd...

My friend:

1 Taylor is not a monster
2 i never said that if a player injured Ronaldo he only has to blame himself...

Take another look at my posting.

Ok...

I was talking about taking revenge and if sooner or later (and one day it will happen) a defender, let's say Gooch in USA-Portugal match takes revenge. Well first of all Gooch is to blame, but the way Ronaldo is playing, cheating, diving, acting like a drama queen (he could play in an Almodovar movie) i could understand Gooch...Ronaldo ALSO is to blame...

And in that case you would probably agree with me...

Right guys don't shoot me down about this.. but I was reading the other day that Ronaldinho is set to make a move to the English Premier League next season. Likely bidders are Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea, but with so much money being pumped into the Premiership over the past few years it isn't certain..

What do you reckon? Think he'll come to the EPL? I'd personally love to see him play here to really test his resolve. However, if he went to Manchester United that for me would be a dead cert on United retaining the title (after they take the trophy this season that is :) ).

Lots of people say he isn't as good as he used to be. I haven't seen him play enough though.

I don't really want him at Arsenal.

Yeah if he did come it would one of those three teams as he'd want the Champions League as well as a chance at winning all the trophies. I think he's had a cracking season to be honest, some great goals and that bicycle kick the other week... :o

Still.... In my eyes C.Ronaldo is the best player in the world. I think Ronaldinho would be great in the EPL to add a bit of flair, but again it wouldbe about whether the price is right and Chelsea and United certainly have the money.

Right guys don't shoot me down about this.. but I was reading the other day that Ronaldinho is set to make a move to the English Premier League next season. Likely bidders are Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea, but with so much money being pumped into the Premiership over the past few years it isn't certain..

What do you reckon? Think he'll come to the EPL? I'd personally love to see him play here to really test his resolve. However, if he went to Manchester United that for me would be a dead cert on United retaining the title (after they take the trophy this season that is :) ).

IMO, he would never fit in the EPL. His game is all about technique, and skill, and intelligence. He needs time on the ball, and he won't get that much of it in the EPL. And honestly, whichever team does buy him would be stupid. What's the point? Ballack and Shevchenko have already proven that it does not work.

My friend:

1 Taylor is not a monster
2 i never said that if a player injured Ronaldo he only has to blame himself...

Take another look at my posting.

Ok...

I was talking about taking revenge and if sooner or later (and one day it will happen) a defender, let's say Gooch in USA-Portugal match takes revenge. Well first of all Gooch is to blame, but the way Ronaldo is playing, cheating, diving, acting like a drama queen (he could play in an Almodovar movie) i could understand Gooch...Ronaldo ALSO is to blame...

And in that case you would probably agree with me...

i just think you need to let the ref handle it and not let the players exact revenge... besides gooch could never catch ronaldo :)

IMO, he would never fit in the EPL. His game is all about technique, and skill, and intelligence. He needs time on the ball, and he won't get that much of it in the EPL. And honestly, whichever team does buy him would be stupid. What's the point? Ballack and Shevchenko have already proven that it does not work.

huh ballack has scored some important goals this year.. shevchenko believe it or not was comming back into form before he got hurt... you put shevi in the prem 6 years ago he lights it up.. i agree with you on ronnie but not ballack and shevi.. ballack hasnt been that bad.. as for ballack there midfield is packed with guys that all have similair traits... lamnpard, ballack, essien, obi mikel.. its hard to stand out with all of those guys as well

huh ballack has scored some important goals this year.. shevchenko believe it or not was comming back into form before he got hurt... you put shevi in the prem 6 years ago he lights it up.. i agree with you on ronnie but not ballack and shevi.. ballack hasnt been that bad.. as for ballack there midfield is packed with guys that all have similair traits... lamnpard, ballack, essien, obi mikel.. its hard to stand out with all of those guys as well

I completely agree, Ballack is not doing bad...

Back
Top Bottom