English Premier League thread

For instance here in France The likes oF Benzema 20 and Nasri 20 still live with their parents and you would never heard a story about them being drunk or making a sex video..

It's all about culture and upbringing, far too many
young professional sportsmen have it easy over here .

Anyway arent't both Nasri and Benzema muslims?

i meant you only heard this kind of story(sex video,etc)in the UK and like @Sabac said It's all about culture
Being a Muslim myself and living in the UK, I can see your point about the culture, but there are black sheeps in every community, so I don't think it is only restricted to the UK. Maybe the press here report incidents like this more often or in a wider capacity than in other countries or something.

Being a Muslim myself and living in the UK, I can see your point about the culture, but there are black sheeps in every community, so I don't think it is only restricted to the UK. Maybe the press here report incidents like this more often or in a wider capacity than in other countries or something.

yeah i agree

Very harsh on Boro again. He had no idea Clichy was there. And he certainly didn't 'kick' him.

Mido will serve three-match ban

_44375436_mido203.jpg
Mido was hoping to have his red card reversed (Getty)

Middlesbrough striker Mido will serve a three-match ban after referee Mark Halsey confirmed that his red card at Arsenal will not be rescinded.
Mido was given a straight red card after kicking Gael Clichy in the face towards the end of the 1-1 draw.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate has spoken to referees' chief Keith Hackett and Halsey, who have both confirmed the decision will stand. He misses home games against Derby and Manchester United and away to Chelsea.Arsenal defender Clichy was left with a cut to his head after the clash with Mido. But Southgate felt the striker - who had only been on the pitch for a few minutes - had made a genuine attempt to claim the ball.

"I don't think he meant it. He caught him but he was looking at the ball the whole time and Mido is distraught because he's not a dirty player," said the Boro boss.
"He's been to see Clichy and he's disappointed that the knock is so bad. "Should he have his foot that high? Maybe not, but I don't think there was any intent there and a three-game ban would be harsh."

Very harsh on Boro again. He had no idea Clichy was there. And he certainly didn't 'kick' him.

Mido will serve three-match ban

_44375436_mido203.jpg
Mido was hoping to have his red card reversed (Getty)

Middlesbrough striker Mido will serve a three-match ban after referee Mark Halsey confirmed that his red card at Arsenal will not be rescinded.
Mido was given a straight red card after kicking Gael Clichy in the face towards the end of the 1-1 draw.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate has spoken to referees' chief Keith Hackett and Halsey, who have both confirmed the decision will stand. He misses home games against Derby and Manchester United and away to Chelsea.Arsenal defender Clichy was left with a cut to his head after the clash with Mido. But Southgate felt the striker - who had only been on the pitch for a few minutes - had made a genuine attempt to claim the ball.

"I don't think he meant it. He caught him but he was looking at the ball the whole time and Mido is distraught because he's not a dirty player," said the Boro boss.
"He's been to see Clichy and he's disappointed that the knock is so bad. "Should he have his foot that high? Maybe not, but I don't think there was any intent there and a three-game ban would be harsh."

Again he's a premiership footballer - He had his leg really high. Does he really think he is going to be just outside our Area without a Defender being there?!!!

He new Glichy was there - he has to have more knowledge of whats around him. He knew Glichy was there as thats why he had his leg so high to control it before Glichy did. So all this 'he had his eye on the ball' is crap!! he knew a player was around him and he stuck his foot up really high. Dangerous play end of story.

Its the same as the Eduardo thing. Of course he didn't mean to put his studs in his head - but it was dangerous play and he definately deserves 3 match ban!

Does anyone remember Eboue on some Man U player in the FA cup match? Eboue jumped with his foot up BUT he had his eyes on the ball the WHOLE time.

According to every pundit it was a definate red. Mido does exactly the same thing and its harsh. Double standards if you ask me.

The FA have done the right thing. They have showed consistency and both players have received the same punishment.

I think it's very harsh...i wonder if you would say the same things if it was an Arsenal player bobbybox...

About Eboue, Clockender...
The way i saw it on television was completely different from the Mido thing.
Mido's foul was during a counter, for all he knew the Arsenal player was "miles" away. Eboue was literally surrounded by Man Utd players...i was an Arsenal fan that match, but Eboue's sending off was justified.
I'm not sure about Mido, but a 3 match ban is much too harsh and ridiculous.

Last edited:
I've no doubt he knew he was being marked, but 99 times out of 100 the defender stands behind you to hold you up. He certainly didn't expect to see Clichy's head rear into view. Diving in there is rash from a defensive perspective (obviously Clichy was trying to get the ball forward quickly because they were drawing or losing). If he had missed the ball, Mido is through on goal.

Put it this way, if Clichy stays behind Mido to hold him up, is that still dangerous play by Mido?

(I'm trying to find video of it but I can't find anything at the minute.)

I think it's very harsh...i wonder if you would say the same things if it was an Arsenal player bobbybox...

Mido's foul was during a counter, for all he knew the Arsenal player was "miles" away. Eboue was literally surrounded by Man Utd players...i was an Arsenal fan that match, but Eboue's sending off was justified.

Well Eboue had his eyes on the ball the whole time, how could he of known where his studs were going? Both sendings off were harsh but the FA have been consistent!

Does anyone remember Eboue on some Man U player in the FA cup match? Eboue jumped with his foot up BUT he had his eyes on the ball the WHOLE time.

According to every pundit it was a definate red. Mido does exactly the same thing and its harsh. Double standards if you ask me.

The FA have done the right thing. They have showed consistency and both players have received the same punishment.

I sort of agree about double standards - remember when Eboue turned his back and jumped into Terry and broke his foot? Not a peep from anyone then. Do it to a Man Utd player though, and suddenly it's a straight red.

However, I don't think Mido's was the same. Mido and Clichy were both facing the same way, Eboue and Nani were looking at each other.

Look I am not that biased.

If you really think Mido thought Glichy was 'Miles' away then he is the shittest footballer in the world and shouldn't play the game again.

If you don't think you have a player around you then you wouldn't try to control the ball like Mido did! he had his foot that high because he knew a defender was coming in and he wanted to get to it and bring it down quickly - which resulted in him having his leg in a dangerous position.

How is a 3 match ban ridiculous?! he got a red card deservedly so and he was sent off - which is a 3 match ban - not harsh as all.

The harsh thing in my eyes is the big hole Glichy has in his head!!

I sort of agree about double standards - remember when Eboue turned his back and jumped into Terry and broke his foot? Not a peep from anyone then. Do it to a Man Utd player though, and suddenly it's a straight red.

However, I don't think Mido's was the same. Mido and Clichy were both facing the same way, Eboue and Nani were looking at each other.

Nah like I said Eboue was looking at the ball the WHOLE time, can't find a vid at present. Eboue's reputation preceeded him n this occasion.

Nah like I said Eboue was looking at the ball the WHOLE time, can't find a vid at present. Eboue's reputation preceeded him n this occasion.

It is true - The Man U player gets a couple of stripy lines down his thigh and Glichy gets a hole in his head.

Both Eboue and Mido were watching the ball. But Eboue was a definate Red Card and Mido wasn't?!

Sometimes people are biased the other way - against certain teams and I think this is one such occasion.

I think if one deserved a Red then the other did.

I think people like to get on Arsenal because of our amount of Red Cards - because it is the only thing they can really moan at us about.

To be honest though - I don't really like Eboue. Probably the only player apart from Reyes that I have just not Liked at Arsenal.

I also agree with the bias and the pro-Man Utd decisions.
What really disturbs me (and that is one of two main reason why i stopped being a fan of Man utd after 30 years)is that with Man utd it's kinda organized...look how coördinated Ronaldo and ferguson work together...A blatant dive by Ronaldo, followed by an outraged reaction of Ferguson, if it doesn't work the first time, it will work sooner or later.
They even continua after the match, a fine example was the Queroz interview after the match against Pompey in the cup wehere i drew a parallel between the supposedly bad referreing in that match and "the Taylors" of this world referring to Eduardo's injury...i was outraged by that. The same day Ferguson talked about a level of refereeing unworthy of a league with the high standards of the Premiership...
This is much worse than Wengers comment after Eduardo injury. Wenger had the grace and fair play to apologize himself and to withdraw what he was saying. In the Man Utd example it's a deliberate strategy...i hate it...

Again he's a premiership footballer - He had his leg really high. Does he really think he is going to be just outside our Area without a Defender being there?!!!

He new Glichy was there - he has to have more knowledge of whats around him. He knew Glichy was there as thats why he had his leg so high to control it before Glichy did. So all this 'he had his eye on the ball' is crap!! he knew a player was around him and he stuck his foot up really high. Dangerous play end of story.

Its the same as the Eduardo thing. Of course he didn't mean to put his studs in his head - but it was dangerous play and he definately deserves 3 match ban!

This is way off topic but..Who the fook is Glichy its Clichy mate:LOL::DD

What really disturbs me (and that is one of two main reason why i stopped being a fan of Man utd after 30 years)is that with Man utd it's kinda organized...look how coördinated Ronaldo and ferguson work together...A blatant dive by Ronaldo, followed by an outraged reaction of Ferguson, if it doesn't work the first time, it will work sooner or later.
They even continua after the match, a fine example was the Queroz interview after the match against Pompey in the cup wehere i drew a parallel between the supposedly bad referreing in that match and "the Taylors" of this world referring to Eduardo's injury...i was outraged by that. The same day Ferguson talked about a level of refereeing unworthy of a league with the high standards of the Premiership...
This is much worse than Wengers comment after Eduardo injury. Wenger had the grace and fair play to apologize himself and to withdraw what he was saying. In the Man Utd example it's a deliberate strategy...i hate it...

even woth your love/hate relationship with united, this post suprised me gerd...

its subjective at best..

and at worse and your final move into the ABU ranks...

quieroz quickly retracted his "taylors of this world" comment..

and all these pro-united descions are obviously only on view to non united supporters, even those of us without permenant red-tinted glasses could probley give you just as many anti-united descions. and not just on the pitch either.

so, as for being one of the two reasons that made you turn against us, im sorry to hear that, especially when its not based on fact.

funnily enough in general I dont seem to remember this being an issue in the three years we went without a title...

The fact is, at the end of the season, everything evens it out. United get quite a few decisions in their favor, but there have been several occassions, when United would have considered themselves unlucky (Pompy for example). I am a firm believer that life is in a full circle, and at the end of the season, whoever wins is the true champion regardless of injuries, refereeing decisions, as it comes back to average out to zero.

But yes, I agree about the whole diving act. Ferguson plays it out every time. He is one of the all time great managers, but the way he actually encourages Ronaldo disgusts me.

Mourinho was the same - always very good at putting pressure on refs before games.

I loved it when he was doing it for us, but any other manager who does it is bang out of order! ;)

even woth your love/hate relationship with united, this post suprised me gerd...

its subjective at best..

and at worse and your final move into the ABU ranks...

quieroz quickly retracted his "taylors of this world" comment..

and all these pro-united descions are obviously only on view to non united supporters, even those of us without permenant red-tinted glasses could probley give you just as many anti-united descions. and not just on the pitch either.

so, as for being one of the two reasons that made you turn against us, im sorry to hear that, especially when its not based on fact.

funnily enough in general I dont seem to remember this being an issue in the three years we went without a title...
i agree, i just dont see biased united calls... every team seems to get there fair share of dodgy calls against them or for them

^^ Nah don't agree with this. Its a cop out.

Next time you see Ronaldo take a tumble and the ref blows for a foul, imagine its Robert Pires wearing an Arsenal shirt and then decide whether it was a foul or not.

I never said that the refs are biased in favour of Man Utd...
I said that Ferguson tries it systhematically.
Vann, i did not know that Queroz (which sees a very likeable guy to me) retracted his words...but then again, combined with what Ferguson said, they just added their two cents...it's a deliberate strategy and it already struck me as a fan and i hated it...
I agree that in the end, it evens out and i've never said that Man Utd won a single championship because of it...but it it surely does not harm...and i hate Fergusons mind games.
Mourinho did it with style, Ferguson is just a bully...

Back
Top Bottom