eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Looks good mate, which i7 is it?

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700F (3.0GHz) 12MB Cache
I’m considering going for this also as I’m only going to play pes and maybe fifa

Intel Core i5 ,16GB RAM ,1TB Hard Drive & 256GB SSD ,6GB Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

Last edited:
So you don't have ghosting ?
What excactly do you mean about colours ? Give me example
Zero ghosting, I got myself Phillips 243v7 for a test and it is good for me, check internet for feedbacks - not sure how many ms it is. You must risk and buy a monitor, examples do not mean much. Check how they look in shops.

Zero ghosting, I got myself Phillips 243v7 for a test and it is good for me, check internet for feedbacks - not sure how many ms it is. You must risk and buy a monitor, examples do not mean much. Check how they look in shops.
That's not the full picture.
I watched and read no less than 30 reviews on Youtube and on different websites prior making my final choice, and I don't regret it. I'm so happy with it.
I think Youtube reviews from unbiased, regular, people are the way to go.
Obviously if you watch interviews from people who get their gear sent from the companies to review the product, they're kind of bound to lie about it and say it's great because... well, because they gave him the product for free.
But when you watch several reviews from people like you and me and they all sort of agree on this and that, then you know you can trust them.

i was looking for a monitor, was prone to buy dell s27dgf, but tn panels cant compare to ips in terms of colour accuracy and quality.
Also tn panels have severe color banding issues, (google it) and thanks god i didnt buy the dell.
So unless you are a competitive pro FPS gamer, and have a rig that can support 120+ fps, i suggest an ips panel with 75hz, 27", freesync, and 2k resolution.
Buying a tn monitor for sports racing and every any other kind except for fps is generally not suggested.
Also bear in mind that once you get used to 120 hz, you could not get back at 60, so you have to upgrade your rig regularly, to keep frame rate that high.

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700F (3.0GHz) 12MB Cache
I’m considering going for this also as I’m only going to play pes and maybe fifa

Intel Core i5 ,16GB RAM ,1TB Hard Drive & 256GB SSD ,6GB Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

Think I’ll go for the i5 option and 2060 6gb graphics card as it’s £300 cheaper and I’ll only ever play pes & Fifa

i was looking for a monitor, was prone to buy dell s27dgf, but tn panels cant compare to ips in terms of colour accuracy and quality.
Also tn panels have severe color banding issues, (google it) and thanks god i didnt buy the dell.
So unless you are a competitive pro FPS gamer, and have a rig that can support 120+ fps, i suggest an ips panel with 75hz, 27", freesync, and 2k resolution.
Buying a tn monitor for sports racing and every any other kind except for fps is generally not suggested.
Also bear in mind that once you get used to 120 hz, you could not get back at 60, so you have to upgrade your rig regularly, to keep frame rate that high.
Or you can just lower your settings and upgrade components as and when you need them. I've had a 144hz screen since 2013 mainly to play CS and League with - only this year did I completely upgrade my PC from scratch and now I'm now playing pretty much everything at 1440p 144hz.

I've got the 24inch version of that Dell monitor (huge appreciation for all of @Chuny and his posts on this which made me want to try it) and whilst I do agree that TN panels don't completely match up to IPS panels in terms of colour accuracy your run of the mill person isn't going to notice it. IPS panels have always historically struggled with response time as well - whereas a TN panel is typically much quicker.

I'm really tempted by the new LG monitor (27GL850-B) as that seemingly ticks all boxes (144hz, 1440p, IPS panel, G-Sync compatible etc.)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-2...le-widescreen-led-gaming-monit-mo-155-lg.html

Top settings?

Thanks mate much appreciated
Yeah a 2060 is a solid card to the run the game at top settings at 1080p and the 9th gen i5's are solid processors. Is it pre-built your going for? Or looking at buying the parts and building yourself?

Yeah a 2060 is a solid card to the run the game at top settings at 1080p and the 9th gen i5's are solid processors. Is it pre-built your going for? Or looking at buying the parts and building yourself?

Pre built mate - I can change Ram etc haha but wouldn’t trust myself with the motherboard and processor installation

if your problem is stutter, try checking "disable Full screen optimizations" in pes2020.exe in steam folder and set fullscreen in settings.exe

No, my problem is that when I select PES 2020 in Borderless and go to the game, the last one freezes but game is still playing in the background. Is strange.

I think, buying PC now, for current PES is not a good idea... If I needed for NEW PC, I will wait next year for a new generation, to see what I will need for new PES games.

Last edited:
That's not the full picture.
Yes thas is how I got TN 1ms gaming monitor based on reviews and newegg positive/negative feedbacks. And many were saying IPS gets these or those problems so I did not get IPS first time when my old one died. So I done a reverse and got an IPS after that 1ms gaming - no regrets with this Phillips.

What I wrote for him in that previous response means to use my model as a comparison in regards to ms response - no ghosting on this monitor I am using now. He can buy whatever brand he wants.

I want to change monitor so I ask you what would be better VA (better colours but 5ms response, possibility of ghosting) or TN (worst colours but 1ms) ???

I have an old ips panel LG 24mp77hm 5ms, i don't notice ghosting.. Get the best your budget can buy since it is going to sit in front of you for longer time.

Any good chaps?

That´s more than enough!

I think, buying PC now, for current PES is not a good idea... If I needed for NEW PC, I will wait next year for a new generation, to see what I will need for new PES games.

If you buy a prebuilt one with limited components, then probably yeah.

But if you buy the parts on your own and go for a rtx 2060 for example, I´m quite sure it will last for a couple of years.
And if not, sell specific parts and get newer ones.
On PC parts there´s never a good or bad time, imho.

TN panels don't have that much worse color if you're in front of the monitor.
The problem with TN panels are the angles!.
If you're looking at the screen from one of the sides, or from the bottom, or from the top. Which one usually never does when playing or using the computer.

If you have an nVidia G-Sync card I suggest you get the same monitor as me (have a look at my sig) which is an amazing monitor and I have never had any problems with colors or angles and you can lift it, pivot it and rotate it however you want.

Dell S2716DG
And what about colours in your Dell, is it ok ? Black i black, white is white ?

I bought and used the Dell S2716DG for 2 days and couldn't wait to return it to the store (luckily I got it locally because I was expecting what happened later).

Colors (especially black and greys) sucked big time no matter what preset, setting or calibration done.
Ended with the much better (and for sure more expensive) Asus PG279Q (this and the 1080ti are the best money I have ever spent in my life for PC parts).

Don't cheap on monitor, you'll waste money for something you'll not like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom