eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably should start pushing for that soon after PES 2020 Demo is out (if it's not good enough).
Either give us the option to select "OFFLINE (SIM)" or "ONLINE (MYCLUB)" gameplay versions, or give us a bunch of gameplay modifiers / sliders for PES 2021 right off bat.

New Engine, New Core, New Approach, New Philosophy.

I only just came across this :

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-over-usd10-000-in-two-years-on-ultimate-team

The $$$$ in online transactions means PES 2020 offline is bound to be deliberately frustrating and unfulfilling and those editions you want will never happen.

(I wanted a PRO version of PES - full manual everything, no transactions, acquire GP only from W/D/L - I've given up that dream about a year ago)

Pavel looks metal as fuck there Chris!
Also,means Juve will be in?
I don't think that having Nedved in the game has anything to do with having Juve also.
He was in the game in previous versions also but Juve wasn't.So it's not connected.
But if the rumours are true then we'll have Juve and Bayern in the game this time.

I don't think that having Nedved in the game has anything to do with having Juve also.
He was in the game in previous versions also but Juve wasn't.So it's not connected.
But if the rumours are true then we'll have Juve and Bayern in the game this time.
youre probably right,i dont know how many times hes been in,someone said pes 16,and that was the last time juve was in?

D-8MQEyXoAAWmu4.jpg

D-8DtfkWsAAbwZF.jpg

D-8DuwYXUAAlyR0.jpg

D-8DvXYXUAAsVJR.jpg

D-8MQrUWsAATxWi.jpg

D-8MRLDXkAAAWmO.jpg
Not realistic enough!
Where's the white bird poop on Ashley Young's mouth??

ashley-young-bird-shit-mouth-gif.gif

:LOL: LOL This shit(get it?;)))was fucking hilarious the first time i saw it.
Like..what are the chances for this to happen..
That bird had enough of his bullshit..or should i say birdshit..and decided to do something about it!:DD

youre probably right,i dont know how many times hes been in,someone said pes 16,and that was the last time juve was in?
I'm pretty sure Nedved was also in like a Legend in 18 and 17 also but Juve wasn't licensed then.
I don't think that these indivindual Legends from the Legend Team have anything to do with official team licenses.

It would be an smart move, sure. NBA2K has it for many years.

But on the other hand, I think that if Konami add simutation style choice or sliders, it would give license to Konami to make the default game more and more arcade. So it make me feel a little bit afraid of this move .
Does it really have that option? Do you pick a sim option? Or do you play with sliders?

There's nothing to be afraid of. The game's already been on the arcade route for years. So what we ask is a sim option that would automatically turn on a few of the options I mentioned. The game can stay arcade on default for all I care.

Not realistic enough!
Where's the white bird poop on Ashley Young's mouth??

View attachment 17308

:LOL: LOL This shit(get it?;)))was fucking hilarious the first time i saw it.
Like..what are the chances for this to happen..
That bird had enough of his bullshit..or should i say birdshit..and decided to do something about it!:DD
:LOL:

About "sim option"
To put it simply, too much work and programming for just a small fraction of players.
Easy to Pick up and play is the moto, so even an infant could enter online competition.
Making it sim, requires a total reapproach to the gameplay. Most mechanics should be reinvented, passing, dribbling, shooting...
I would love to see someday a soccer game
that every touch, trap, pass, cross, shoot require 100% of concentration, and not repetitive X presses with almost everything else is taken care by the Cpu.
Every time a player receives the ball, it should be like a challenge based on his stats, with manual controlling, trapping, dribbling, bodyweight shifting and body placement, manual aiming and power for each kick or even touch... all implemented in a modern physics engine.

I was just thinking, why can't Konami add a Sim option? When we pick any mode to play, ML, league or cup, we pick simulation, just like picking transfer frequency or ML difficulty, and it would unlock fouls, stats, offsides, etc. Make them all work as a real life match.

It won't be the default option of course, because it's clear what Konami's direction is. But at least it's an extra option added for us asking for closer to real life experience. We don't mind the stop start gameplay caused by fouls. We don't mind the obvious difference in all stats and not just the speed-related stats. We don't mind sitting for hours picking the right players for our teams based on their stats and attributes. We like to feel there's a deeper meaning and connection.

It can't be hard adding a few lines of code that says in the lines of "don't ignore all stats and give all fouls except when on a clear advantage. All defenders hold a straight line of defense and not always follow the attacker. Players play a bad pass if passing at an angle of 180." Etc.

Just for this Simulation option.
or better yet, 2K makes MLS Soccer!

About "sim option"
To put it simply, too much work and programming for just a small fraction of players.
Easy to Pick up and play is the moto, so even an infant could enter online competition.
Making it sim, requires a total reapproach to the gameplay. Most mechanics should be reinvented, passing, dribbling, shooting...
that every touch, trap, pass, cross, shoot require 100% of concentration, and not repetitive X presses with almost everything else is taken care by the Cpu.
Every time a player receives the ball, it should be like a challenge based on his stats, with manual controlling, trapping, dribbling, bodyweight shifting and body placement, manual aiming and power for each kick or even touch... all implemented in a modern physics engine.
Yeah, but once implemented - it would shut us up forever.. worth the effort from Konami to get rid of those grumpy, moaning elitists on their social media.. :LOL:

What I don't understand is why, why, why Konami doesn't focus on gameplay only!!!! There tons of genius here on evoweb, and all over the world, who created stadiums, scoreboards, kits, edit files, adboards, etc. Konami could contact them pay them a right price for their efforts and then focuses on gamplay only. In a whole year, they can take what's best of their previous versions (from Pes3 to Pes19), they have to do nothing new, to invent. We could have the right gameplay whit little effort by Konami. Bah!

About "sim option"
The problem is that if you had all these ultra realistic mechanics where you had to be 100% concentrated for every dribble,pass,control,shoot etc.,they wouldn't mean much in a 10 min match.There would be hardly any chances and goals in this short time and for the vast majority it would be considered boring and frustrating to play.
I watched some Pes League matches,and even there with their PA3 ping pong stuff,there were some ocassions where they had only 2 shots at half time..

That the main problem.This mentality of getting as much fun as possible in this very short time.
That's why the gameplay is what it is in both Pes and Fifa.
For it to be changed to a more realistic approach where midfield play means more and smart buildup is rewarded,it would mean that they'd have to change this whole mentality and approach of ''fun as quick as possible''.
I would be happy if they made the default online match 15 min at least(cause we know that the default online match is the main factor of how they make the gameplay) and introduce 3 new pass options.
Manual,Semi-Assisted(half of PA1)and Assisted(PA1 a bit more free)and put strict filters to it so you only play with same setting opponents in all competitions.And of course remove PA2 and PA3.

These two things would improve the game,at least for people who want a more sim experience,and would allow them to go to a less end to end approach in the gameplay.But would the majority even like that?Or they would go ''oh these 15 min matches are long and boring'',''oh now i cant pass with Neymar as precisely as i want''..
We've seen how it all went down when they tried to bring a more sim approach with Pes 14.The whole world started shitting on them.It was also their fault cause the game wasn't polished enough at release but still..

Neither Pes or Fifa were ever sim games.It was always a mix of sim and arcade elements and probably will ever be this way.But even in this simcade field,there are things that they could introduce to have a more realistic approach.
As long as this mentality for fun and results as soon as possible,changes mostly from the gamers,and then companies can follow.
We may expect many revolutionary improvements from next gen consoles when they arrive,but as long as 10 min matches and this mentality remains,i'm affraid we're not gonna see drastic changes in favor of realism,even if they will have the technology weapons to achieve this.

The only hope is if somehow in the near future the majority will get sick and tired of this easy to learn assisted tiki taka gameplay and will start demanding from companies to bring more realism in all aspects because of the strong technology we will have.
Until this happens,and if it ever will,i hope it will at some point..I'm just gonna play the game for what it is,enjoy the good elements and try to see the positives more.In this day i can't enjoy anymore the very old titles because of the very outdated mechanics and graphics.So i'm stuck with the modern one and enjoy it's physics,animations,feel on the ball,graphics etc,even if it may not have the best AI or positional awareness.
Needless to say that if i like the new Fifa more,i don't have any problem to play it more over Pes like i did for 11,12,15 and 16.

Last but not least,did you people notice that the grass is finally 3D in set pieces in Pes 20?Looks a beauty now and not like a plain carpet like in previous versions.

Last but not least,did you people notice that the grass is finally 3D in set pieces in Pes 20?Looks a beauty now and not like a plain carpet like in previous versions.
Wow! That's nice!
I didn't notice that until you've mentioned it.
Maybe because I'm not really looking into visual improvements this year, but more on gameplay improvements and bug fixes...
but it's a really nice visual improvement that they could have done a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Honestly unless something radical in the market changes, I doubt very much they'll ever make a "sim" mode (which wouldn't be 100% sim anyway.. come on guys, we've been over this a million times, is it really necessary to point it out any single time..?) different from the myclub/online whatever mode. Too much work for too few people.

I was just thinking, why can't Konami add a Sim option?

It would be an smart move, sure. NBA2K has it for many years.
NBA2K was the first thing to come to mind. Now that we mention it, can anyone think of any other sports games that acknowledge they have 2 different demographics like this by having a Default & Simulation setting?

Most of the time usually due to resources and focus testing, sports games usually fall into 1 direction or the other but rarely cater to both unless it's balanced really well like the PS2 Pro Evo's.

Most games allow the user to customize their offline experience how they see fit which is usually the best mentality as it allows the user to have a unique experience thanks to sliders. So we know FIFA, NBA2K & WWE2K games have sliders, Any other sports games have sliders or sim modes?

The problem is that if you had all these ultra realistic mechanics where you had to be 100% concentrated for every dribble,pass,control,shoot etc.,they wouldn't mean much in a 10 min match.There would be hardly any chances and goals in this short time and for the vast majority it would be considered boring and frustrating to play.
I watched some Pes League matches,and even there with their PA3 ping pong stuff,there were some ocassions where they had only 2 shots at half time..

That the main problem.This mentality of getting as much fun as possible in this very short time.
For it to be changed to a more realistic approach where midfield play means more and smart buildup is rewarded,it would mean that they'd have to change this whole mentality and approach of ''fun as quick as possible''.
I would be happy if they made the default online match 15 min at least(cause we know that the default online match is the main factor of how they make the gameplay) and introduce 3 new pass options.
Manual,Semi-Assisted(half of PA1)and Assisted(PA1 a bit more free)and put strict filters to it so you only play with same setting opponents in all competitions.And of course remove PA2 and PA3.

These two things would improve the game,at least for people who want a more sim experience,and would allow them to go to a less end to end approach in the gameplay.But would the majority even like that?Or they would go ''oh these 15 min matches are long and boring'',''oh now i cant pass with Neymar as precisely as i want''..
We've seen how it all went down when they tried to bring a more sim approach with Pes 14.The whole world started shitting on them.It was also their fault cause the game wasn't polished enough at release but still..

Neither Pes or Fifa were ever sim games.It was always a mix of sim and arcade elements and probably will ever be this way.But even in this simcade field,there are things that they could introduce to have a more realistic approach.
As long as this mentality for fun and results as soon as possible,changes mostly from the gamers,and then companies can follow.
We may expect many revolutionary improvements from next gen consoles when they arrive,but as long as 10 min matches and this mentality remains,i'm affraid we're not gonna see drastic changes in favor of realism,even if they will have the technology weapons to achieve this.

The only hope is if somehow in the near future the majority will get sick and tired of this easy to learn assisted tiki taka gameplay and will start demanding from companies to bring more realism in all aspects because of the strong technology we will have.
Until this happens,and if it ever will,i hope it will at some point..I'm just gonna play the game for what it is,enjoy the good elements and try to see the positives more.In this day i can't enjoy anymore the very old titles because of the very outdated mechanics and graphics.So i'm stuck with the modern one and enjoy it's physics,animations,feel on the ball,graphics etc,even if it may not have the best AI or positional awareness.
Needless to say that if i like the new Fifa more,i don't have any problem to play it more over Pes like i did for 11,12,15 and 16.

that is a valid point, imo! me personally, i wouldnt mind (playing 20 min matches only) when i have to work for chances on goal. 2-3 per half is ok. and if it were less... i would think "come on PRO, YOU can do better!"

have a look at some real matches. sometimes they dont even have one shot at goal in 45 min. sure, thats not entertaining to the masses. i get that. same time they want to please this generation of football console players (yeah, i know what i said here ;) ) they have to scrap some sim elements.

i get that most player want satisfaction by scoring a goal or doing fency stuff. i find satisfaction on the way to a goal... actually playing the game! shifting the team, playing around the back, overlapping runs, getting players off the ball in position... real sim like football! but hey, i know i am the minority (we are)!

what i want from this game was always best shown when i played a like-minded buddy. he was setting up his team tactics for minutes... me too. he played real build up play (with variations like counter attacking or long balls)... me too. and then this game can shine, imo!

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why, why, why Konami doesn't focus on gameplay only!!!! There tons of genius here on evoweb, and all over the world, who created stadiums, scoreboards, kits, edit files, adboards, etc. Konami could contact them pay them a right price for their efforts and then focuses on gamplay only. In a whole year, they can take what's best of their previous versions (from Pes3 to Pes19), they have to do nothing new, to invent. We could have the right gameplay whit little effort by Konami. Bah!
All these things are only for PC version.Which is the least popular one and sells much less than consoles.
Also most casuals don't bother with these things and they expect from the company to provide everything from the start in their game like licenses etc. and not to wait until someone from the internet creates them.Things like they have in Fifa where everything is ready at launch.

Also they're still a multi million company and i guess it wouldn't be good for their prestige and image to say that they'll only work on gameplay and leave everything else to be created by some other people online.I'm not saying that would be bad.But most of their costumers expect from the company to provide a full product at launch and don't want to waste time downloading and installing mods.The majority doesn't think like we do here.The main reason they choose Fifa is a complete package and licenses from launch so it's ready to play.You still can see comments like ''I don't wanna play with Man Blue fuck Pes''etc all the time online.Many people are sheep and go with the masses and play what's popular and shiny.

If Konami stops putting attention on licenses,faces and other things,and only focus on gameplay,this game will probably die.
Even now if they hadn't some major licenses like Barca,Arsenal,Liverpool(until 19),Man U and the rumoured Juve and Bayern,it would be very difficult to survive the competition against the Goliath that EA is.
And that's one of their main selling points also,that's why they're spamming Camp Nou videos every year and Old Trafford now.Imagine if they would go to present the game at E3 without any big licenses or stadiums with everything generic and fake and say ''Hey we've worked on gameplay and it's good but the teams and stadiums are fake.But don't worry,you can download patches after..''None of the casuals would want to buy this over Fifa.
Hardcores alone don't have the numbers to keep this game alive.They need the casuals also and to expand their player base as much as possible.

NBA2K was the first thing to come to mind. Now that we mention it, can anyone think of any other sports games that acknowledge they have 2 different demographics like this by having a Default & Simulation setting?

UFC Undisputed 3 had a sim setting which was brutal as if you just kept throwing stuff your stamina drained super fast like it would in real life. It made for much more realistic pacing of fights though as you were also more vulnerable when your stamina was low. It was pretty much loved across the board by the hardcore fans and if the casuals didn't like it then you could always leave it on default where you could be a bit more wild and not pay for it.

That was 7 years ago now and the new EA versions don't have this sadly.

Easy ways to make the game more realistic:
A) a lot more error in weird angle passes
B) a lot more error and less power in one touch passes
C) a lot more error and slower backheels
D) Greater randomness in ball spin and curve when passing or shooting (Pes 2020 still looks too linear)
E) Timing based one touch passing. Good one touch pass requires perferct timing when pressing X, or a misskick will happen
F) Stats having more impact on field
G) More body inertia with "microsteps" in order to change direction

More "hadcore" additions for realistic gameplay

A) Timing based dribbling ball touch. Correct timing at R1 pressing will make the player to kick the ball forward when running with more precision and better control.
B) Timing based shots and headers, not automatic

Most of the above listed, are simple parameters that already exist in game. It only requires setting the correct values, somewhere in the code.
Especially the E) will solve the boring tiki taka passing, as players would use one touch pass with more consideration

Last edited:
that is a valid point, imo! me personally, i wouldnt mind (playing 20 min matches only) when i have to work for chances on goal. 2-3 per half is ok. and if it were less... i would think "come on PRO, YOU can do better!"
You're also a PRO? I thought you were just an ELITIST!;))
Expect to see you on Pes League next year dominating everyone with Manual!:DD

You're also a PRO? I thought you were just an ELITIST!;))
Expect to see you on Pes League next year dominating everyone with Manual!:DD
I can be whoever I want!! Even a peacock. You gotta let me fly!!! :LOL:

When ping is ok, and lags ain’t happening I’ll give it a try. But online was a whole different gameplay compared to offline to me the last couple of years. So let’s see.

And yes: FUMA FTW!! :BY:

i never felt "a better person" because i play full manual. just a little elite... ;) :LOL:

Edit: you can imagine how I feel watching those e3 and mu-event footage with PA1,2,3...! Wish they would invite manual players!!
I’ll do manual demo streams for sure when the demo arrives!!

edit2: first post on page 100! is there a goodie for that? ;)

Last edited:
Does it really have that option? Do you pick a sim option? Or do you play with sliders?

Both, You have a few presets for sliders Setup. And list of slider parameters is much more deeper than Fifa.
maxresdefault.jpg

@Dennis_87 if the problem is keep the game balanced to have a nice 10 minute matchs. The solution it's easy, make an accuracy algorithm that adapts it to the game duration.

I see the glass half full bcz two reasons. I'm this kind of person, and there're a lot of stuff that annoys me in PES 2019, not only the lack of fouls or AI. And a huge amount of this stuff has been improved.

For example. The ball control. In PES 2019 (and for a couple of PES before), ball touch frecuency its ridiculously high and distance between it and the player its too short. This kills my expirience at the second one. In PES 2020, ball managing system seems totally reworked. More natural rate of touches, less glued and more variation, the player remains jogging near the ball without touching it, so organic.

And there're a lot of stuff that has been treated in the same way.

Last edited:
Both, You have a few presets for sliders Setup. And list of slider parameters is much more deeper than Fifa.
maxresdefault.jpg

@Dennis_87 if the problem is keep the game balanced to have a nice 10 minute matchs. The solution it's easy, make an accuracy algorithm that adapts it to the game duration.

I see the glass half full bcz two reasons. I'm this kind of person, and there're a lot of stuff that annoys me in PES 2019, not only the lack of fouls or AI. And a huge amount of this stuff has been improved.

For example. The ball control. In PES 2019 (and for a couple of PES before), ball touch frecuency its ridiculously high and distance between it and the player its too short. This kills my expirience at the second one. In PES 2020, ball managing system seems totally reworked. More natural rate of touches, less glued and more variation, the player remains jogging near the ball without touching it, so organic.

And there're a lot of stuff that has been treated in the same way.
in 2017... when i have selected a player and let go of the LS the players gets in a slower walking like pace, moving by its own a few meter... i like that (and miss it these days)!! the flow in that situations is more life like.

...which are only the 5% of PES players.
Yes, but its like this one scratch on your car that you just keep looking at and it keeps annoying you all the time.. :LOL:

When you look at social media and official posts of both Fifa and Pes, you will always find people talking about connection, scripts, cheating, lagging.. its in most games and its not (IMO) as damaging on reputation, as someone who comes in saying - "you do realise I didnt have a single penalty in the whole year of playing pes19, right?" Or "you do realise every COM team plays the same and there is no difference between all COM controlled players?"

Posts like this are standing out, as they show fundamentals issues within the game. If someone wants to try football game and reads that there is no fouls, or every team plays the same, or stats dont matter at all - I think these kind of posts have much more impact than "usual" connection and cheating issues. Again - thats just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom