eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy ways to make the game more realistic:
A) a lot more error in weird angle passes
B) a lot more error and less power in one touch passes
C) a lot more error and slower backheels
D) Greater randomness in ball spin and curve when passing or shooting (Pes 2020 still looks too linear)
E) Timing based one touch passing. Good one touch pass requires perferct timing when pressing X, or a misskick will happen
F) Stats having more impact on field
G) More body inertia with "microsteps" in order to change direction

More "hadcore" additions for realistic gameplay

A) Timing based dribbling ball touch. Correct timing at R1 pressing will make the player to kick the ball forward when running with more precision and better control.
B) Timing based shots and headers, not automatic

Most of the above listed, are simple parameters that already exist in game. It only requires setting the correct values, somewhere in the code.
Good points and i agree.
But i think that for most players these changes wouldn't be so welcomed in these short time matches.
There are matches in Weekend League that are 5 min for fuck sake!Ridiculous!
We're talking about ''a lot more error'' when the majority probably plays on PA3..being given the nice example from all them ''pros''..If Konami don't remove PA2 and PA3 from online it will always be like this.But why they would remove it when Fifa also looks like PA5 online..

About stats having a bigger impact though,it would make sense for them to implement it like someone said in a previous post,cause that would make people to chase to get very good players even more if the differences between medium,good and very good players were even more noticable.They would milk the coins even more this way.

About more error in weird angle passes,it seems like it may be better and more realistic this time like we saw from some Palmeiras vs Flamengo videos.Also things like first time shots being nerfed and having more error also seems good.We'll see in the demo.

Good points and i agree.
But i think that for most players these changes wouldn't be so welcomed in these short time matches.
There are matches in Weekend League that are 5 min for fuck sake!Ridiculous!
We're talking about ''a lot more error'' when the majority probably plays on PA3..being given the nice example from all them ''pros''..If Konami don't remove PA2 and PA3 from online it will always be like this.But why they would remove it when Fifa also looks like PA5 online..

About stats having a bigger impact though,it would make sense for them to implement it like someone said in a previous post,cause that would make people to chase to get very good players even more if the differences between medium,good and very good players were even more noticable.They would milk the coins even more this way.

About more error in weird angle passes,it seems like it may be better and more realistic this time like we saw from some Palmeiras vs Flamengo videos.Also things like first time shots being nerfed and having more error also seems good.We'll see in the demo.
see, when i was listening to the pesuniverse podcast this morning, someone (i think it was themidnightkid) said even on PA2 or PA3 they had like 4 out of 10 passes with error.
i like the fact that there is error, dont get me wrong. but why is that on PA3? on manual it must be 0,5 out of 10 then!! ^^
same time i want error, i dont get why konami implement it like that (so loose, no real direction with it)!? i hope you get me (we digging deep here, i know)!

The way that the defender doesn't win the ball and so just carries on running at full-speed (away from the attacking threat he's clearly aware of) is exactly what I mean when I talk about how stiff and on-rails the game feels.

Someone on Twitter mentions "teleporting" in that GIF too but weirdly, I can't spot that!

The way that the defender doesn't win the ball and so just carries on running at full-speed (away from the attacking threat he's clearly aware of) is exactly what I mean when I talk about how stiff and on-rails the game feels.

Someone on Twitter mentions "teleporting" in that GIF too but weirdly, I can't spot that!
yes! @Matt10 called it "back paddeling", afair! the game needs a new animation for that. a "gap-filler" between running and walking animations, if you like. small steps backwards and forward (kinda like a goalkeeper does sideways (not so much in PES though ;) )) while still focusing on the ball at the opponents feet. thats how it works irl!
this would not only help gameplay wise, as you player wasnt caught in between full start and full stop animations but it would look more real (human like) as well!
and this would cater to all the audience i guess. be it sim or arcade fans!! just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Yeah it looks weird but it's probably on lower difficulty.
I don't think on Superstar that the defender would react like this.

A few more days and we will know playing the demo. I'm not a fan of overanalyzing videos that are clearly at the lowest difficulty setting just to show goals in trailers.

Please stop deceiving yourselves with excuses like
"its lower difficulty for sure!"
or
"its an early code, its only 60% finished"

PES current engine has issues stitched to its core. They wont get fixed until a total new engine is introduced.

Please stop deceiving yourselves with excuses like
"its lower difficulty for sure!"
or
"its an early code, its only 60% finished"

PES current engine has issues stitched to its core. They wont get fixed until a total new engine is introduced.

It's called being reasonable and waiting to actually play the game (demo) before judging, not making excuses. I don't like to jump to conclusions.

Analyzing is good, but i think it's best to judge just real gameplay videos, like entire matches played against CPU.

Analyzing is good, but i think it's best to judge just real gameplay videos, like entire matches played against CPU.
To be fair, there was at least one post after the Superstar/Legend AI full-match videos were posted along the lines of "let's not judge these". Why upload them, then.

My point with the GIF above was a general point about how on-rails the game is, and that once you're running, you run the risk of simply running past people because you can't control the run (you're running in a straight line and you can't adjust your angle for a second at a time).

Whether that's AI or not, it just shows how basic the engine is. In my opinion.

My point with the GIF above was a general point about how on-rails the game is, and that once you're running, you run the risk of simply running past people because you can't control the run (you're running in a straight line and you can't adjust your angle for a second at a time).

I think Pes 2019 is not on rails when you control the ball and you can move the player quickly enough and stop him wen you are running. It's the defensive side that it's a bit too clunky and many time feels like the attackers have the advantage and defenders you control can't really keep up with them.

Last edited:
Gamesreactor video it's the most reliable font to analize the gameplay pace and animation flow.
You can download it and it has 10 000 kbps bitrate. Not bad for an online video compression.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/video/45...er+United+vs+PES+Legends+Full+Match+Gameplay/
Yeah but it also shows a thing that I don't like at all about the game... 1:56 mark, Lingard's pass to Rashford.
Nedved is ahead of his opponent, he's definitely winning that ball no-matter-what just by taking a step or two forward... Yet he takes one back and lets Rashford reach the ball without even trying to interfere with it.

Peacocks don't fly very far.
Im a special breed called “3 year cycle peacock”! I am free as a bird! ;)
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Something I really like about NBA 2K other than the countless sim options (their myLeague and myGM modes are just about everything you could ask for) is how you can assign any motion you want to players. You can assign jumpshots, free-throws, cross-overs, dunks and so forth with a great variety of motions to choose from.

This would be amazing in a football game and add so much identity to individual players. Imagine the motions option that's currently in PES (running, free-kicks, penalties, celebrations) but vastly expanded where there are different options for chops, step-overs, shooting etc. The motion capture technology is there, they could probably even motion capture players they have licenses for.

They could bring in someone like Pogba and have him do his signature skills and add them to the game. For future games you could probably even retain these motions even if the license is lost simply by renaming them from ''Pogba 1'' to ''Step-over 16'' or something like that. This way you could even add ''fake'' signature motions for notable players by having unknowns motion capture things based on match footage.

Something I really like about NBA 2K other than the countless sim options (their myLeague and myGM modes are just about everything you could ask for) is how you can assign any motion you want to players. You can assign jumpshots, free-throws, cross-overs, dunks and so forth with a great variety of motions to choose from.

his would be amazing in a football game and add so much identity to individual players. Imagine the motions option that's currently in PES (running, free-kicks, penalties, celebrations) but vastly expanded where there are different options for chops, step-overs, shooting etc. The motion capture technology is there, they could probably even motion capture players they have licenses for.

They could bring in someone like Pogba and have him do his signature skills and add them to the game. For future games it probably you could probably even retain these motions even if the license is lost simply by renaming them from ''Pogba 1'' to ''Step-over 16'' or something like that. This way you could even add ''fake'' signature motions for notable players by having unknowns motion capture things based on match footage.
...and i spent hours, really, finding the animations that suit me well (good looking and helping when releasing the ball). but hey, i have an addiction for edit modes! :D
and while creating my player, i remember, i had a thought about those few running (free kick) animations you can choose from in PES. it wouldnt even be fair to compare, imo. in NBA you can even unlock more animations (even legend ones). what a huge system they have in place.
and yes, i'm with you: wished that all would make its way into PES!!!

...and i spent hours, really, finding the animations that suit me well (good looking and helping when releasing the ball). but hey, i have an addiction for edit modes! :D
and while creating my player, i remember, i had a thought about those few running (free kick) animations you can choose from in PES. it wouldnt even be fair to compare, imo. in NBA you can even unlock more animations (even legend ones). what a huge system they have in place.
and yes, i'm with you: wished that all would make its way into PES!!!
Thinking about it a bit more it would be great for online modes as well, and especially esports. I never play online nor do I care about esports but if it were implemented the same way as 2K it would be very beneficial. In 2K it's all about mastering motions, really knowing when to release the button when shooting. If PES had different motions to assign in regards to shooting, it would add a whole different layer to both offline and online play. I'm thinking of having several different motions of R2 shooting as an example. Have a variety for that in terms of weight and balance with assignable motions and it would be much more of a challenge to be good at R2 shooting.

Thinking about it a bit more it would be great for online modes as well, and especially esports. I never play online nor do I care about esports but if it were implemented the same way as 2K it would be very beneficial. In 2K it's all about mastering motions, really knowing when to release the button when shooting. If PES had different motions to assign in regards to shooting, it would add a whole different layer to both offline and online play. I'm thinking of having several different motions of R2 shooting as an example. Have a variety for that in terms of weight and balance with assignable motions and it would be much more of a challenge to be good at R2 shooting.
dam(n), jan!! ;)
i'm with you a 100%!!

if only 5% of our user ideas became reality... :PRAY:

Another thing, I did not only spot in that video, is the change of color for the on-field position of players!!
Man, haven’t they screwed it up already by changing the arrow colors?! They are against logic, if you know just a little about pencil selling for example, or have common sense! ;)
And now they change the position color to some fency looking neo’s?! I bet, just for the sake of wanting to look cool?! Just for the sake of changing “something”! I don’t get this anymore. Maybe I’m nitpicking. Maybe it’s just “my personal net fetish” kinda thing.
But Konami... really...
giphy.gif
“...and more and more and more!”

I know nba 2k gets brought up a lot compared to footy titles. I myself am guilty of that as well, but after going through recent NBA 2k19 posts around the internet, its getting some heat from their fans regarding few things. Number one being microtransactions. They have ramped up the grind and harder to earn virtual currency. Two being ads showing up on a full priced game.

But before all microtransactions, general ruckus and inevitable fan complaints, i honestly think 2k plays a far superior and engaging game than any other sports game out there. The presentation is better than fifa series, let alone pes, and they have build a solid game that ousted EA's NBA series solely on how well they did. Overall, its a solid product.

Come to PES, it neither engaging nor does it look pleasing on the eye. The presentation is god awful and the cutscenes are overacted represention of human emotion. Recycled menu each year, very little effort offline, replays and general direction for the presentation is just below par. Yet, they are still adamant on enforcing Micro transactions like other bigger titles does with very few efforts on other areas.

I liked that he talked about the goalkeepers near the start. They are completely broken in terms of how far they dive and how they react in certain situations. They either do some absurdly superhuman movement/reaction and make an easy save or it's a clear goal where they do some pathetic flapping baywatch animation and get no-where near it, very rarely is there anything in between. Really kills the game in the final third. In classic PES the 'keepers felt "human", they could make calamitous mistakes, they could be beaten all ends up when taken by surprise, they could pull out unexpected wonder saves, there was *real* individuality and stat differentiation, and that made a huge difference.

I liked that he talked about the goalkeepers near the start. They are completely broken in terms of how far they dive and how they react in certain situations. They either do some absurdly superhuman movement/reaction and make an easy save or it's a clear goal where they do some pathetic flapping baywatch animation and get no-where near it, very rarely is there anything in between. Really kills the game in the final third. In classic PES the 'keepers felt "human"
I think the reason they're like this is because it's so easy to create chances (bypassing the midfield) that if the superhuman saves and amazing slow-mo leaps weren't there, every game would be about 5-5. This is how they fix the balance (instead of fixing the build-up difficulty, because that would make the game too boring for the guys who spend myClub money). In my opinion.

(In 2019, the AI occasionally score every shot on target against me, but it certainly doesn't work the other way around!)

I saw it on twitter. Looks awful.

I think the reason they're like this is because it's so easy to create chances (bypassing the midfield) that if the superhuman saves and amazing slow-mo leaps weren't there, every game would be about 5-5. This is how they fix the balance (instead of fixing the build-up difficulty, because that would make the game too boring for the guys who spend myClub money). In my opinion.

(In 2019, the AI occasionally score every shot on target against me, but it certainly doesn't work the other way around!)

I was struggling to write something like that but sometimes is difficult to me to express myself. I totally agree with you! Thats the main problem of this generation.

Agree. It feels like they did it to compensate for another flaw.
And this adds...
there is a lot of situations that feels like it’s “repairing” some broken stuff that has been repaired or covered with another mechanic, that again causes some problems. It’s like a big pile of patches. One covering the other flaw. And it grew over the years.

I know this may sound harsh. Looks like I have rant day. Gimme that once a year please! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom