eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, i wish we would know in detail how much of an impact he had (gameplay wise)!
Oh come on! Do you remember FIFA last year? Do you think Pep Guardiola influenced the tactics system? Of course not. They have a license that gives them access to people they can use for marketing.

Konami have a deal with Barcelona. They're going to create every bit of PR they can. Trust me. I work in this industry. His input is literally saying the words he's been paid to say on camera.

It astonishes me how we can all point and laugh when FIFA do something (pointless Career Mode cutscenes, claiming their tactics system was based on the input of real football managers) and then when PES does the same thing, we slip on the rose-tinted specs and "oh my God, the ML has been redesigned and Iniesta designed the gameplay!!!"

We've seen all this before! We are intelligent enough here to see through all this stuff, come on! All that matters is the gameplay, or we'd be happy with PES 2019, wouldn't we. The most glamorous PES yet. It doesn't mean anything.

Buy me new pickups for my guitar and a recording interface so that I can finish my fucking album and I'll code your newgens for you along with option to keep regens. Fair deal Konami.

Oh come on! Do you remember FIFA last year? Do you think Pep Guardiola influenced the tactics system? Of course not. They have a license that gives them access to people they can use for marketing.

Konami have a deal with Barcelona. They're going to create every bit of PR they can. Trust me. I work in this industry. His input is literally saying the words he's been paid to say on camera.

It astonishes me how we can all point and laugh when FIFA do something (pointless cutscenes, claiming to create something based on the input of real football people) and then when PES release a sexy trailer, we go "oh my God, the ML has been redesigned and Iniesta designed the gameplay!!!!"

We are intelligent enough here to see through all this stuff, come on! All that matters is the gameplay, or we'd be happy with PES 2019, wouldn't we. The most glamorous PES yet. It doesn't mean anything.

Not really seeing all that much hype here tbh. Cautious optimism, at most.

:BORED: If that's the kind of stuff getting GIF'd - the old scoreboard reskinned (it's practically the exact same scoreboard, but blue)... Just, wow.

I'm aware I'm coming across as "this is shite and you shouldn't like it" at this point, but... I'm just saying, let's at least just wait until we've got actual gameplay footage (preferably not pre-recorded stuff either like that staged Ronaldinho video) before we get too excited.

Tired to see always FCB since PES 2017... I know that they are the main partner but... Pff If they show always the same, there is not any difference...
Oh wow Iniesta Icon that was on PES2017,upload_2019-6-11_18-33-38.png

Ronaldinho from PES2017...
upload_2019-6-11_18-34-27.png

The scoreboard is very very simple...
upload_2019-6-11_18-35-23.png

I know that they have to save some info for Gamescom... but always the same.

I agree that this particular part looks REAL AF
OK to give them credit where due

Pes always had those moment of realism where everything fits well.

I might be sounding too negative here, I did see some good moments and some beautiful mlnew animations, but so far theres no evidence that the essence of the game hás changed, and I know its too soon to judge, but its Fair to have low expectations at this point in time with Konami.

Like I said the other day, I Just want a game that educates people on Basic football concepets. A game that teachs people How important is positioning players and read opponent play to anticipate and CUT passes rather than Just hunting the man on the ball as a predator like the latter was Jason Bourne running away from authorities.

i just want a game that teachs player to be more cautious on passing, and that spaming 1-2s with Quick passing is not the way tô build an attack.

Im pretty sure its not hard to build such game. Maybe its lacking Financial interest, as It could possibly make PES series more dedicated for a niche, and Konami is obviously making ALL the effort possible to not let the series dies as niche. They still Care way too much about making the game popular. They should forget about EA and stop envy FIFA popularity for once.

I wish PES had its own identity

:BORED: If that's the kind of stuff getting GIF'd - the old scoreboard reskinned (it's practically the exact same scoreboard, but blue)... Just, wow.

I'm aware I'm coming across as "this is shite and you shouldn't like it" at this point, but... I'm just saying, let's at least just wait until we've got actual gameplay footage (preferably not pre-recorded stuff either like that staged Ronaldinho video) before we get too excited.
not to me! :D you are a good counter part... and a needed one to keep this community sane! :)
like a counter weight on a scale! all good buddy!!

My internet is flakey here so struggling to stream anything, are there any defensive innovations? I mean the thing I saw was about Iniesta and no touch dribbling. Seems they always neglect aspects of the game that aren't "on the ball". What you get is a game that is piss poor overall, and then EA just comes along the following year and pinches the best of their ideas. Defensive and movement controls haven't evolved since the PS2 days, and if anything are more dumbed down than they ever used to be.

I know that companies listen more to the online fans and all, but I will never understand why the hell they change their games according to it.

I´m no expert on this but I´m pretty sure that online players don´t really care about gameplay being realistic or not. They will play the game regardless and create content for youtube with the online modes. Why on earth companies don´t go for the realism route is out of my understanding abilities. If the game was 100% realistic, do you really think that online fans woudn´t touch it? Online mode have nothing to do with gameplay, but with features and how they´re implemented.

What sort of new editing are we talking about?
1. Stadiums?
2. More kit editing options for xbox players, where you can add or DRAW a sponsor on the kits?
3. Leagues editing?
4. Division 2's?
5. Option to add division 2 if there is lack of thereof?

Cutscenes - nice and welcome. Adds more depth.

New dribbling and offensive players ID - hope they are talking about AI here.

New shooting system? We'll see how new and how varied soon enough.

It looks decent, but unless we see AI play - there's only a mild excitement.
We need to see what we can actually do and how we can customise our ML. Slap of paint and some cutscenes will wear off fairly swiftly if gameplay is not much better than 19.

What sort of new editing are we talking about?
1. Stadiums?
2. More kit editing options for xbox players, where you can add or DRAW a sponsor on the kits?
3. Leagues editing?
4. Division 2's?
5. Option to add division 2 if there is lack of thereof?

Cutscenes - nice and welcome. Adds more depth.

New dribbling and offensive players ID - hope they are talking about AI here.

New shooting system? We'll see how new and how varied soon enough.

It looks decent, but unless we see AI play - there's only a mild excitement.
We need to see what we can actually do and how we can customise our ML. Slap of paint and some cutscenes will wear off fairly swiftly if gameplay is not much better than 19.
Editable press room sponsors.
Revamped editing

cant tell if they are paid to comment like this, or just generally silly people...but top rated comments on yt and fb go somewhere along these lines

iWotLe2.png

:II
The last one is incredible. As if Master League is even in the same league as Career Mode at present.

It astonishes me how we can all point and laugh when FIFA do something (pointless Career Mode cutscenes, claiming their tactics system was based on the input of real football managers) and then when PES does the same thing, we slip on the rose-tinted specs and "oh my God, the ML has been redesigned and Iniesta designed the gameplay!!!"

We've seen all this before! We are intelligent enough here to see through all this stuff, come on! All that matters is the gameplay, or we'd be happy with PES 2019, wouldn't we. The most glamorous PES yet. It doesn't mean anything.
9j0j3r.gif

watch the phrase beeing displayed at the bottom. i guess its Ronaldinho quoted...
but hey, this should be the motto for the PES Konami team!!!!!

"Everything i have is thanks to football,
thats why i will always appriciate it."

nuff said! just do it Konami!! show us!!

edit:

From the official PES 2020:

Game Play
Context-Sensitive Kick Accuracy

For football purists, fewer things are more satisfying to see than a long ball that wings its way towards its target with uncanny accuracy, but like anything else in football, accuracy must be earned. PES 2020 realizes this idea in-game by bringing an added level of realism to the pitch with enhanced context-sensitivity for kicking. This means that the accuracy of each shot and pass you unleash will change relative to your posture, your position on the pitch and how much pressure you’re under, making for a deeper and more authentic football experience. Now more than ever, you will be rewarded for timing, patience and match awareness.​

Sounds really promising. The randomness will return finally? Are we going to have learning curve at last?

Cross your fingers!!!:PRAY:

Game Play

For football purists, fewer things are more satisfying to see than a long ball that wings its way towards its target with uncanny accuracy, but like anything else in football, accuracy must be earned. PES 2020 realizes this idea in-game by bringing an added level of realism to the pitch with enhanced context-sensitivity for kicking. This means that the accuracy of each shot and pass you unleash will change relative to your posture, your position on the pitch and how much pressure you’re under, making for a deeper and more authentic football experience. Now more than ever, you will be rewarded for timing, patience and match awareness.​

Sounds really promising. The randomness will return finally? Are we going to have learning curve at last?

Just hope the randomness for the CPU returns to!

Game Play

Pass and shot

They want us to dream.

BUT Im Black pilled, bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom