eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the official PES 2020:

Game Play
Context-Sensitive Kick Accuracy

For football purists, fewer things are more satisfying to see than a long ball that wings its way towards its target with uncanny accuracy, but like anything else in football, accuracy must be earned. PES 2020 realizes this idea in-game by bringing an added level of realism to the pitch with enhanced context-sensitivity for kicking. This means that the accuracy of each shot and pass you unleash will change relative to your posture, your position on the pitch and how much pressure you’re under, making for a deeper and more authentic football experience. Now more than ever, you will be rewarded for timing, patience and match awareness.​

Sounds really promising. The randomness will return finally? Are we going to have learning curve at last?

Cross your fingers!!!:PRAY:
Fairly use the 'posture' line was in last year.
As long as they give me the option of a low driven shot when it comes to shooting then that's an improvement. Shooting is my biggest issue with the game so any improvements are welcome.

Never have I seen such an underwhelming PES trailer. Not hyped or even interested at all. I have literally seen NOTHING new, really. Pardon my cynicism. Master League changes: we get a few photorealistic managers and are able to create sponsorship logo's?! Really? That's it? WHere's D2 for every league for instance? Training possibilities and real management (financially) options?

The part about the revamped transfer logic, well we all know what happened there last year. And the year before. And the one before that one...

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying this sooner or later just because it is PES. But there is literally NOTHING new here. Nothing.

this!!!
as one in here said so rightly: there is no news on AI behaviour so far!
for me thats the most important part right now. AI and how it works! fingers crossed!

ps: my fingers feeling like shoe laces after all those years!!! :LOL:
True my friend...
I wasn't going to be carried away and having my fingers crossed,but here we are!

To rub even more salt into our wounds, this thread should be renamed into "eFootball PES 2020 News Discussion Thread".
1541773966-luke-skywalker-no-gif.gif

Don´t you get it?
I sure don´t get it, how most of the guys here have still hope for things they haven´t yet anounced.
They´re going the "new features that no one cares about" this year... again.

Player spacing and team positioning would need major tweeking for me to be interested this year. I have never really come to terms with that new tactics system either. Probably just me - too old and set in my ways!

Having just watched the trailer I'm about 95% convinced this is just the usual Weedens turd polishing. Look at the goalkeeper movement on the Ronaldinho goal, half-assed like everything Konami does. Even in the PS2 days they had logic such that 'keepers could be rooted to the spot when taken by surprise.

Look at the complete absence of physicality or tussling on the Messi dribble and top corner goal, you can tell there has been little or no change in this area and thus the foul situation will be as per usual. Women's football has more physical contact than PES.

And what a surprise to see a no-look laser-guided backheel, probably done on PA1 no doubt.

"New ways to defend" are just some automated animations that more than likely have no real effect on how you play the game.

Good luck if you are getting your hopes up over this.

Player spacing and team positioning would need major tweeking for me to be interested this year. I have never really come to terms with that new tactics system either. Probably just me - too old and set in my ways!
Mainly Play with fluid formation turned off nowadays.
I think it's a good idea,when it works,but it also takes a lot of preparing/knowledge from us (not counting us old farts)

Messi is the highest paid athlete. He earnt £99.8 million in the last 12 months according to bbc news!
Sorry - off topic.

Gameplay. Now you're talking. I just hope it's live. Then the REAL analysis can begin...
Is it worth creating a thread so we can get all together but just one spokes man for the evo web community?! Does that make sense?
We are behind one voice, when it comes to gp questions later!?
I’m sure they don’t like to be asked about he same thing over and over again...
just a thought. Maybe bombing them with single Q’s is better. Not sure.

When i started here 16 years ago little did i realise the terrible progress konami would make in that time. In fact pes 3 or 4 that was out at the time had so many things better than the tripe we are getting served up. Im waiting to see these incredible things konami have done this year. The gameplay looks exactly the same as last year.

I wonder when Konami will be coming out with news regarding gambling boxes for Belgium, Netherlands and quite possibly the US. It could either be a curse or a blessing. We shall see.

I saw KONAMI using the plain "PES 2020" name in some cases. I guess that the full name will be used for the online competitions, or anything else having to do with them. In-game they will still use "PES 2020" and "Pro Evolution Soccer".

From the E3 demo

Teams :
- FC Barcelona
- Arsenal
- Flamengo
- Palmeiras
- River Plate
- Boca Junior
- France
- Legends

Stadiums :
- Camp Nou
- Emirates Stadium
- Allianz Parque
- El Monumental
- La Bombonera

- Griezmann face look incredrible (actual hair)
- Lighting improved
- Better animations (Very good collisions)
- Better ball protection
- Player and the ball even more dissociated than before (lest rail effect)
- Ball physic incredible
- Camera and replay more TV like
- AI players react differently to which player has the ball

Source : http://www.gameblog.fr/news/83722-e3-2019-on-a-joue-a-efootball-pes-2020-champion-avant-l-heur

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom