eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at that giant space

IMG-20190611-123452.jpg

Typical poor Konami default Formations with 'Deep Defensive Live' overkill.

Well.. graphically is PES 2018, they use same colors palet, new camera and they will make shot cancel (shot + super cancel) then pass that I do it since PES 3, now is like new " dribbling mechanic"! Maybe to be easier or things like that, something like Shot + 2xPass.

Like this

I Hope there are other forms of knocking players down and not Just one single animation occuring over and over again.

I Hope players Go dow way more often, like in real life, when You abuse pressure.

It is time to make physics of impact, pushing/pulling relevant for once so fouls happen more often and ite not do easy ti still the ball. That would mean a HUGE jump in realism, making the game more tatical as positioning to read opponents play and CUT passes lines could turno tô be a proper way tô defend and not Just sprinting like Crazy tô steal the ball.

This is the biggest change any football game that cares about realism should get. Theres a reason why Winnint elevem 9 was the best ever.

I am holding back my hope so much, it's like you're a friend of a drug addict that says he's finally clean. You want to be happy, but you don't trust the peace...
A new transfer system with realistic figures would improve the ML-experience sooooo much, please let this be real!!!
I just can't be hyped at all after the past few years they talked about improved transfer system and we know how it ended.

What happened to MyClub and Become a Legend. No news about it, also what’s the huge reveal? Is it Master-league really?! I was expecting something revolutionary, they hyped it up like it’s some next level shit. The graphics is unchanged at least at night, it doesn’t look good compared to even previous ones, the kits are so damn ugly, Pes 14 kits was 10x better looking and it actually had kit physics. I need to watch more gameplay before fully judging, also the animations are barely changed or improved, they still run like robots, I have seen much better running animations in pes 14 yet again. These guys never know what to change. It looks like they barely touched on anything.

Meh, another year without ML regens...the most requested most critical feature for ML and still not there. Last hope is in the rumored new engine when next gen hits i guess, so PES 2021 or PES 2022.

Press rooms sponsors were modded before/every year, now we can do it via edit mode easier(probably limited), and create coaches that will appear in cutscenes/conferences/on pitch, which is nice, but not enough to satisfy, especially when the rival game completely ported Street Mode into the full game.

I hope we can mod the fat Maradona coach and have him converted to a player somehow. :COOL:Sounds like we can also make managers very thin or very fat.

"PES 2020 will allow you to customize your manager model with a greater level of freedom thanks to the use of high performance 3D scanning technology to capture images of individuals of varying body shapes and sizes"

Oh and it would be interesting to see if someone can unlock height/weight sliders for players in edit mode too, not just managers, see what kind of creations can come up.:P

Im on the opposite, i hope its contextual.
yep. like it to be more contextual too! all the stuff!
but hey, what about X'ing for a regular step in foul, sliding tackle as it was and then combine the two! pressing X and O aka sliding tackle (for me that is) and you produce an intentional foul! man, it could all be so simple! just here me (and some other guys from here)! :LMAO:
lets call it the "Incas Gang"! IG in da house! ;)

Guys, are we seriously getting hyped over the ML when all these trailers show are the SAME DAMN CUTSCENES that appear in FIFA when you're buying a player, which everyone skips and we all laugh at because it shows how little substance there is to FIFA?

On the released list of new ML features, #2 is the menus (I mean, come on, we're worth more than that as a "new feature"), and #3 is the transfer system, which is what was promised years ago and all they did was add a fee negotiation slider.

I'm really surprised at the reaction. Even the talk of gameplay tweaks - look at last year's PR. It means nothing.

Look at the actual GAMEPLAY. That's all that matters. Huge vertical gaps on the field etc. (yes it'll be a low AI level or crazy instructions, if it's the instructions then nothing has changed there then)...

The name being changed should be enough of a clue - they know they can't compete with FIFA for players, so they're going to try and make PES the #1 football eSports game and grow their market from there.

Last edited:
Typical poor Konami default Formations with 'Deep Defensive Live' overkill.

Is there anyone in Pes team who actually think Ai positioning and team movement on the field an importante aspect of realism ?

This is just not functional realism but visual realism as well. It destroys ALL the effort they always like to put on graphics. No space being occupied in a HUGE part of the field is visually terrible.

Are we seriously getting hyped over the ML when all these trailers show are the SAME DAMN CUTSCENES that appear in FIFA when you're buying a player, which everyone skips after the first time?

On the released list of ML improvements, #2 is the menus, and #3 is the transfer system, which is what was promised years ago and all they did was add a fee negotiation slider. The AI transfers are still bonkers.

I'm really surprised at the reaction. Even the talk of gameplay tweaks - look at last year's PR. It means nothing.

My first thought was that if you're listing new menus as your second bullet point of three bullet points... well, doesn't exactly fill me with a lot of confidence.

Im on the opposite, i hope its contextual.

Im on the negative side.

It would be great if we had a good Variety of phsycal based animations, and holding X Button non stop would activate these types of animation Vidal is doing here, making the player in the ball prone to loose balance and being fouled.

BUT this is not something that I'd expect from Konami these days, let alone on the same Engine.

I remember that in Pes 2011 demo a well timed X tap was needed to make a clear tackle and steal the ball with no foul. BUT that was a long time Ago.

Now they Just want a non stop fluid experience.

That Vidal grab, i have a feeling it will be automated and the AI will perform in random, just like the body shield. If its a given command, then its a brilliant tweak tbf.

I'd be surprised (more like completely shocked) if it won't either be 100% automated or really really bland and random, to be honest. Seems like something that would be, on paper, too gamebreaking for myclub and online to balance for them.

best part for me of what i've seen today (yet): Iniesta asking: "the VAR is not yet available, right?" :LOL:

he has no clue who's he talking to! ;)

man, i wish we would know in detail how much of an impact he had (gameplay wise)!

edit:

foot planting does look good here, right!?

sure its just one scene and there will be more gifs and video to get us hyped... but anyway... it looked nice.

so lets not kill the mood (that early), right!? ;)

edit2:

is that tag #playingisbelieving new!? at least thats a little more honest!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom