eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure myself, hence i didnt answer to your question. Im getting my head around right stick and R2, but not combined. Barely scratching the surface of how they work individually.

Cheers Emroth! I hope I didn't come across as petulant or sarcastic, that wasn't my intention! I've given up on the right stick until I can get into training and give it a real good testing.

I've got a real love/hate with the demo right now, I'm really bored of 5 minute games without the narrative of master league but can't go back to 2019 as it feels a bit naff in comparison!

Cheers Emroth! I hope I didn't come across as petulant or sarcastic, that wasn't my intention! I've given up on the right stick until I can get into training and give it a real good testing.

I've got a real love/hate with the demo right now, I'm really bored of 5 minute games without the narrative of master league but can't go back to 2019 as it feels a bit naff in comparison!
No, you didnt come accross sarcastic. I just dont like to ignore people when they are asking questions, while Im there in-between posting.

I do feel your pain. 5mins matches are really dreadful and pointless. I stopped changing teams and tactics, just pick 2 and keep hiting restart.
Im treating this demo as sort of training ground, so when the full game comes out (providing they dont fuck it up) I'll know which setting to use.
PA0 is no brainer, but shooting and through balls require a bit of investigating.
Also trying to get my head around this new dribbling, which I really like, as it feels like, finally, there is a learning curve in Pes which wasnt there good few years now. You could basically jump from one to another without ever feeling that there is something new to learn.

So tonight I was testing Advanced shooting and my jaysus, @OBH , you were right.
Didnt realise how overpowered long range shots were on manual, until I played with advanced.
It really is difficult this year. Havent scored single long range goal and was struggling to hit the target.
Its not like I dont know controls, I spent a lot of time with Advanced Shooting in the past and I have no issues with "unnatural" left stick aiming. But this year they are really nicely balanced in terms of difficulty.
As I usually play ML with weaker teams it might be the way to go, since I shouldnt be able to hit a rocket with 65OVR player.
Even low shots are much harder. Had few proper flops, which were more satisfying to watch then some of the rockets I scored.
Colour me impressed and intrigued. :LOL:

Manual though, of course low cross still works

I think maybe we're talking about two slightly different things here but anyway, I've just been experimenting on the demo and yeah, you're right, if you hold both left shoulder buttons and double tap O then the ball goes high which it didn't do on 2019. Very annoying I can imagine.

I was talking about (and maybe you were too?!) using the early cross button (L1) + double tap O to do low driven passes (in any direction, from anywhere on the pitch). I didn't mention L2 because I play with pass assist off so it's already manual.

I think maybe we're talking about two slightly different things here but anyway, I've just been experimenting on the demo and yeah, you're right, if you hold both left shoulder buttons and double tap O then the ball goes high which it didn't do on 2019. Very annoying I can imagine.

I was talking about (and maybe you were too?!) using the early cross button (L1) + double tap O to do low driven passes (in any direction, from anywhere on the pitch). I didn't mention L2 because I play with pass assist off so it's already manual.

yep exactly i used it for shots and sometimes driven passes

that question got downvoted on reddit hah

I've just found it on reddit and given you an upvote! I reckon you might have got a bit more traction if you'd gone into a bit more detail as you did here. The technique we are talking about is not so well known, to most people I think a 'manual low cross' would just be L2 + O double tap. Anyway, it goes on the list of things to rant at konami about, they drive me crazy with some of their pointless changes! Fortunately you can still do it with pass assist off.

Yeah, few aiming points.
I've seen few people saying that you can only aim at both corners (up and down) and middle (up and down). That basically gives you 6.
But I always felt that there was much more than 6 points, when you include slight movements of the left stick.

Now I also remembered another reason I gave Advanced Shooting up. Since I started using Advanced Through Balls, I needed aiming circle for it. But it was also switching Advanced Shooting aiming guides.
As much as I could tolerate Through Balls aiming guide (since I really needed it for practice), I couldnt stand Shooting guides.
Unfortunately both of them are one option and cant switch one of them off.
But recently I switched Through Balls aiming guide so it will be grand now.

I'll report back soon.

Ps. While I have you here - how do you switch Celebrations Menu off?? I cant find the option for it. Didnt want to record replays with it, like you asked.
Press the touch pad on PS4, back button (or whatever it’s called) on Xbox.

OKkhtMU.png

It's official guys :D

So tonight I was testing Advanced shooting and my jaysus, @OBH , you were right.
Didnt realise how overpowered long range shots were on manual, until I played with advanced.
It really is difficult this year. Havent scored single long range goal and was struggling to hit the target.
Its not like I dont know controls, I spent a lot of time with Advanced Shooting in the past and I have no issues with "unnatural" left stick aiming. But this year they are really nicely balanced in terms of difficulty.
As I usually play ML with weaker teams it might be the way to go, since I shouldnt be able to hit a rocket with 65OVR player.
Even low shots are much harder. Had few proper flops, which were more satisfying to watch then some of the rockets I scored.
Colour me impressed and intrigued. :LOL:
Yes! I’m so glad you’ve seen the light. I genuinely think advanced shooting is really, really satisfying on this demo.

Know how in recent games volleys have been really op in pes? In this demo Ive seen Manual players smack it into the top corner with Smalling’s left foot, yet on advanced I hit a volley from a corner with Malcom and it almost went out for a throw! :LOL:

playing this game online can sometimes be cringworthy, with the pressure spamming u can do and suffer from, it is not a realistic game when u see someone choose to r2 all the way to intercept the player while he s doing the animation of pass and get intercepted frustratingly, i guess they focused a little too much on physicality here, ever since pes 2017, it can be really hand tiring trying to avoid making a bad pass vs a pressure spammer because simply the game is designed to cater the new comers by simply pressing the X button ( pa3 or pa1 ) and the ball will simply arrive to the attacker and u end up trying to defend a counter because it is too easy to let the ball arrive to danger areas, basic shooting will lead to any press of the square button for u to earn a chance or a corner out of nowhere, the physicality needs to be toned down a bit for the sake of online play

Since they put that disclaimer down there probably one or more Serie A teams won't be licensed, despite having the league license.

Maybe times have changed, but Konami should go all in on this license. It's a huge league with a lot of history. Maybe soccer fans in gaming are from the times when Italian football was best. It's still in top 4.

If I were them I would differentiate and use the chance to have nearly all stadiums etc.. EA has Premier League and La Liga. Soon Bundesliga. Huge chance for Konami.

And actually it's easier than normal to create stadiums, as several teams shares stadiums. Also many of the Serie B teams would automatically get their stadium also.

Since they put that disclaimer down there probably one or more Serie A teams won't be licensed, despite having the league license.
That's what I thought, but... Could it really be the case? I mean, EA would've already boasted about it right, left and centre had it been the case. Just to be sure fans knew about it (just to respond to the Juventus thing, I guess).

Yes! I’m so glad you’ve seen the light. I genuinely think advanced shooting is really, really satisfying on this demo.

Know how in recent games volleys have been really op in pes? In this demo Ive seen Manual players smack it into the top corner with Smalling’s left foot, yet on advanced I hit a volley from a corner with Malcom and it almost went out for a throw! :LOL:
Can you elaborate please on how advanced is different to basic in regards to stats?! Or is it the same?

That's what I thought, but... Could it really be the case? I mean, EA would've already boasted about it right, left and centre had it been the case. Just to be sure fans knew about it (just to respond to the Juventus thing, I guess).

I think even if EA has some exclusive Serie A team licenses they wouldn't celebrate it after they lost the most important Serie A team by far, Juventus. People would mock them.

Putting a disclaimer there and telling people to check the official website for details is very suspicious.

A while back someone here claimed (or had read rumors) Roma would be EA- exclusive but I don't know if I dreamt that or not.

Lt + l1 + double tap o (which iv been doing since 17) now doing lobbed balls
I noticed this as well... Thought I was doing the second tap too late or something, at least now I know it's not just me...

Another similar annoying change (or bug?) is that you can't so easily super-cancel a pass or shot. If you tap R1+R2 once then it will stop the animation but then do the same action anyway with a new animation. You have to mash super-cancel at least twice to actually cancel the action...

Also, can you even stop and face the goal, doing sidesteps and drag backs in this game? Like the old R2 movement in 2019... If the right stick is involved, it's completely counter-intuitive for what I want because your right thumb is on the stick and you need to be able to use it to press the pass button...

Last edited:
I noticed this as well... Thought I was doing the second tap too late or something, at least now I know it's not just me...

Another similar annoying change (or bug?) is that you can't so easily super-cancel a pass or shot. If you tap R1+R2 once then it will stop the animation but then do the same action anyway with a new animation. You have to mash super-cancel at least twice to actually cancel the action...

Also, can you even stop and face the goal, doing sidesteps and drag backs in this game? Like the old R2 movement in 2019...
It's R1 now, works the same as R2 from PES 2019. Just tap once to stop, face the goal. Hold with R2 to drag back or just drag back with right stick and no R2.

Genuinely not having any issues with super cancel though, I've always used it to cancel passes and it's been working just as well as from PES 2019. I might have been pretty aggressive with the button presses back on '19 though so not noticing it if it's changed in the demo for '20.

I'm really glad you've said this.
I've only recently started using Manual, you know, just to try it out, and while it most certainly isn't easy, I find that long shots are actually massively OP for the reason you've just said - every single player can hit a rocket with both feet. Manual seems to completely override players stats, which I never realised it did.

Now, I'm absolutely not saying this a bad thing, I guess it just comes down to how much of the game do you want to be determined by the players stats, or the skills of the man using the controller.
Yeah i feel this way about the shooting too. Manual shooting is great because of the obvious control and more margin for error you get but it does feel like the trade off with manual controls is that it's less about players stats and more about skill of the person with the controller.

But the problem is you want to feel the influence of stats on PA settings but it still doesn't quite feel like there's an algorithm or stats are influencing anything in the way it was so pronounced on the PS2 either.

And then you have the dilemma of passing and shooting feeling very passive and effortless on PA's that the challenge or the excitement of piecing together a great play or satisfying goal can be vacant.

A while back someone here claimed (or had read rumors) Roma would be EA- exclusive but I don't know if I dreamt that or not.
It says in the image: "League licence does not include team licences. Please check website for further details."

I fear we might not see Roma licensed. EA are a club partner and as far as I'm aware, Serie A is atill licensed in FIFA 20 even without Juventus. I reckon we'll see the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom