eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@orangebard

Doesn't it depend on the amount of input on the pass, so if you want to pass further the animation is longer?

I find it reasonable most of the time but I know the frustration when you are in a tight spot and just want to quickly pass it on.

Also the amount of back heels is noticably less than the last couple of years so players are often a bit clumsy and take long time when back passing. Which is a good thing by the way.

Guys why does it take a million years for the animation to make a pass in this game, i always end up losing possession because it is so slow to make a pass in this game
Not sure what you mean, I find passing is superb. May need to give us some more info? Does it happen in certain situations?

So, I just tried manual shooting for the first time, and oh my god, long shots are absurdly overpowered with every single player I swear.

Guys why does it take a million years for the animation to make a pass in this game, i always end up losing possession because it is so slow to make a pass in this game

They only started making this game a year ago maybe, so a million years for a pass is probably a bit of an exaggeration.
Maybe lay off the R1 or something, every action takes longer when R1 is held down

@orangebard

Doesn't it depend on the amount of input on the pass, so if you want to pass further the animation is longer?

I find it reasonable most of the time but I know the frustration when you are in a tight spot and just want to quickly pass it on.

Also the amount of back heels is noticably less than the last couple of years so players are often a bit clumsy and take long time when back passing. Which is a good thing by the way.

I think you might have meant to tag lobbedball, not me, banana!

For the record, I actually played online with Barcelona for the first time and I was shit with Messi. Just goes to show you need to use him like the very good players that destroyed me with him to get the true Messi.

Pardon the pun but trying to use him for first time, I was messy, not Messi.

Either think two moves ahead or use shield first, R2 or R3 to roll the ball away from your opponent to create time for the pass. Or R2 and sprint for the pass through dummy.

@Lobbedball first touch is crucial. The quicker you control the ball the quicker you can pass. Hold R2 and direction when the ball is coming towards you to trap it properly. It will give you a nice head start.

Having fun playing ManUnited vs. Bayern the whole morning. Match after match till my own match in the Sunday amateur league starts.
Anyway... came here to talk about the stamina system. For the 5 min. matches it seems to work perfect.
When I leave my team on neutral pattern, there are players coming if the pitch with about 30-40% left. When I set the team to red1 attack pattern stamina drains much quicker.
The perfect example are overlapping RB/LB. When I do this from the beginning it drains them real quick. They are dead at min. 75! So I do mix all the tactical options (only using when appropriate) and this makes the stamina system work real good. Not using so much sprinting... only when it’s needed.
This is for the demo matches. I pray for the final version to deliver.

btw: @Matt10 i let the celebrations roll now. Took me some time to get rid of an old habit but it’s working now and looks much more real. Thanks!

Last edited:
Online on ps4 ofc, i think conx lag has to do with the delay..

I don't think it's the delay.
Online most of your opponents are hardcore pressing all the time which doesn't let you have much time on the ball.
Specially online you have to think two moves ahead, that's why I don't like playing online much.
It's mostly too hectic, rush, rush, rush...

The stadium again... *facepalm*
Funny thing is, on PS4 I don't really have a problem with a higher angle value.
But the same setting on PC is doing my head in.
I don't get it, lol.

Wanted to put this up in response to Fernandez’s post about how he feels defending isn’t well represented in pes2020 and how the back line allow the forwards to much space..

Also this misconception that play should always be compact and the space pressed..

Look at the amount of space there is in these examples and the distance between the front players and the defensive back line at times..

There’s even examples of the back line retreating and giving forwards space as I saw countless times in the premiership yesterday.

A strong reason we have here... my young padawan :)

Well if you spend a lot of time on the game and then start coming up against losses/draws in added time it renders the game into one that is not about skill but one about manufactured story.

[ Btw I look like padawan to the unintiated but i am jedi master. you can't see my green skin cos i developed thick brown hair after i started myclub in 2015 and stopped shaving. my mates call me chewy but they know the truth. ]

Last edited:
Can someone explain the celebrations? Like, can I do a combo to trigger a celebration like in FIFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom