eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok. But this doesn't really have anything to do with Roma . But it could mean that Konami is planning on having the Greek League just without that team

Just read the spoiler.
Now i really want to re-create the magnificent derby AFAIK athens vs AEK from the 2035/36 Greek cup finals

More seriously, that Lygaard... I don't even know what does he really does for PES, what's his real job, what contract does he's signed with Konami except for professionnal trolling.

What do you expect @Chris Davies , if we are getting tweets like this from a brand director?
There is banter and there is professionalism.
When you reach certain level, there are things to say in public and things where you should keep your mouth shut.

What are you even trying to say! That it’s a competition. Aggressive competition is always ugly. Let it be. It’s a funny tweet.

Ugh. Really? I know you're only joking, but seriously. EA losing money doesn't make Konami richer, or PES better. This license news has brought out the child in everyone ("yaaayyy fuck u EA lolz").

If anything, it just reinforces a CEO's idea that we don't give a shit about gameplay, only licenses - and entirely validates the current Konami way of doing things (tiny dev team that receives no extra funding despite achieving a record-breaking profit last year).

The Mike Ashley model. No operating costs, no chunk taken out of the profit.
Is that really what we want?
Is that what aussiepesfan is enjoying though? It seems to me that enjoying EA financial misfortune and enjoying the fact that Konami might have caused it are quite separate things.

I think EA are scumbags, even worse than Konami, deliberately peddling gambling to kids with their "surprise mechanics" bullshit. Yeah, Konami jumped on that bandwagon but let's face it, they're just not that good at exploitation.

So I'm happy to hear when EA suffer in any way, personally, and just because a PES marketing announcement may have caused this temporary dip, it doesn't follow that enjoying any EA misfortune amounts to an endorsement of the Konami licensing strategy.

Another thing I've quite enjoyed is reading the tweets of butthurt FIFA fanboys who seem literally distraught that they'll have to use just one fake branded team :LMAO:

Then there's the people posting "Damn, why can't we just share the licenses? " And I've found that amusing, since the notion that predatory pursuit of licensing deals is a d1ck-move seems only to have registered right now in some people's minds.

If nothing else, this announcement has got people thinking. I for one like that. Add in the shadenfreude of seeing FIFA fanboys having a tantrum, and it made the whole thing quite enjoyable – all without endorsing the prioritising of licences over development.

I actually find that post quite amusing :LMAO:. I have no problem with it

Me too. Lygaard is a joker. We learnt that last year. Maybe it's a bit childish but he makes me laugh.

There is banter and there is professionalism.
When you reach certain level, there are things to say in public and things where you should keep your mouth shut.

Yup - product should be doing all the talking.

Of course, you'd need a good solid product in the first place which is why we have tweets like these

Fifa's only players need to understand more than that what does it means to loose a team or a league.
Well, Russian league is PES exclusive too, but Juventus have more fans than all the Russian teams fans reunited.
There's also Brasileirao, even if they can't update teams when the new season starts.

Those are two or three little jabs in the face... But it's doesn't means anything compared to Fifa having access to a Full Bundesliga while PES don't even have the right to have a fake one.
And Premier League with all stadiums, well, it's a less big issue as the essential is there (teams and reals players) and you can add every logos and kits.

I like what I’ve seen so far. While I’m not big on the exclusive licenses, I’m happy to have the stadiums back in the game. Especially Old Trafford. With that being said, I would like to see a step up in game presentation. I play mostly offline. I really like in FIFA the continuous play, very few black screens, when the ball is out of play a ball is thrown out to keep play going, subs are on the touch line, goals are replayed not just after they were scored, goal tallies for the season are shown, ect. This would give master league/BAL a lot more immersion and longevity.

What are you even trying to say!
I suppose what Im trying to say, is that mods on Evo-Web are more mature than brand director of Konami.

This whole Juve deal made much more noise than expected.
And instead of being clever about it, instead of try to put some pressure on EA, instead of saying things like:

"We understand that exclusive licenses are not good for anyone. We feel sorry for Juventus fans on EA side. We would be more than happy to share licenses and stop hurting either of the fan bases"

Instead of trying to USE people anger to put some pressure on EA... he is trolling like a 5 year old, adding fuel to the fire.

So dont be surprised if, a year or two from now, EA will wipe the floor with Konami and block all licenses.

This is, more or less, what I was trying to say there.

At 6:41, the horribly wrong cross by Cancelo.
The good thing is that the misskick is not caused by simply facing in the wrong direction, it is most likely because of the ball being very close to him while crossing it, leading to the said trajectory. I like this small piece of gameplay, this is what all of us here want - actual contextual kicking accuracy (and not just limited to it), a big part of realism in gameplay, not some PR stunt.

SERIE A LICENCE PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED

This is a screenshot from their player face video. Check out the patch on the sleeve:

Screenshot-20190717-195432-Facebook.jpg

This is the new Serie A logo:

dvsdsdf-01.jpg

I think we can pretty much confirm this now.

SERIE A LICENCE PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED

This is a screenshot from their player face video. Check out the patch on the sleeve:

Screenshot-20190717-195432-Facebook.jpg

This is the new Serie A logo:

dvsdsdf-01.jpg

I think we can pretty much confirm this now.
Let's gooo!!!

There's no way Konami would release an official video with a copyrighted logo they don't have the rights to.

Although this is Konami... :WHISTLE:

Well, the logo is barely visible to be fair. I don't think they could get a lawsuit for that tiny little bit that we can see.

I'd say more of it is visible in other face previews of the same video.

Oh really? Then they probably have the license.
Plus, it'd make sense, considering one of Adam's Tweets yesterday about "the journey is complete" or something along those lines.

Oh really? Then they probably have the license.
Plus, it'd make sense, considering one of Adam's Tweets yesterday about "the journey is complete" or something along those lines.
Yup, check the video out on Facebook.
Ooh, didn't hear about 'the journey'.

Ah, this. Didn't think it meant anything other than all teams licensed from the league.

Reading between the lines, what I get from that is: Juventus has the bigger impact in-game, as it was necessary to have the full league licesend. The Serie-A journey is now complete.

But that's just me reading too much into it. Don't quote me.

Reading between the lines, what I get from that is: Juventus has the bigger impact in-game, as it was necessary to have the full league licesend. The Serie-A journey is now complete.

But that's just me reading too much into it. Don't quote me.
I'm genuinely starting to think they've got Serie B too.
The league's official account is following Adam and it also posted a teaser video:

They're still in Italy after the Juve news so it could all be falling into place.

I'm genuinely starting to think they've got Serie B too.
The league's official account is following Adam and it also posted a teaser video:

They're still in Italy after the Juve news so it could all be falling into place.

And yet you quoted me...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom