eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting take on the Juventus stuff from a Juve fan on another forum.

This is a guy who plays both games, he's not hardcore PES or FIFA.

It's hilariously bad for a Juventus fan like me playing both games. Before, if I wanted the true Juventus experience, I had to play FIFA which has more licenses, better presentation, more game modes, a better feeling [online], but also a less tactical gameplay, more absurd MTXs, and so on. I'd also play PES because it has a more tactical football even though the menus and game modes are PS2-era tier, but it'd kinda suck that I had to play with a hilariously dumbly named team with knockoff jerseys and whatnot.

Now it's the switcharoo! Now I can finally play the real Juventus on PES, except most other teams in Serie A are ass on PES in terms of licenses, and the game modes and such are still inferior. Luckily there's FIFA, where I can play the more varied gamestyles [modes] and enjoy the 4K graphics and all shenanigans, but Juventus will now have a shitty ass name, a fake jersey, a wrong stadium and so on.

It was shitty when EA did it, it's shitty when Konami does it. As a Juventus fan, once again, I have to choose between the least shitty deal.

The absence of full manual controls alone would keep me from playing it anymore. Credits to what the game offered and still does, but full manual adds so much depth to gameplay which simply can't be reached by the classic titles.

I love full manual but I'd rather play assisted PES5/6 than play full manual PES14-19

Also there were actually some options for manual in the old pes. I remember you could use the right analogue stick for manual passing. I used to use it against my mate who was awful at the game to balance out our matches lol

And I think maybe you could do it for air balls too (?). But I dont think shooting was an option.

It depends on how good the game is haha
so we putting countries against video games now!? :LOL:
we should stop the ot here! i'm more with canada than the 2020 demo! ;)

reg. that CR7 celebration video: its super minor to me, but i would like to see him standing his signature pose (hands behind... zuuuuuuuuu) for a longer time, before the team mates reach him! irl, he needs his time of glory (all alone)! ;)

the height prob in cutscenes is speaking volumes (for years)! we wont get rid of it as long as the engine is with us, i believe. 2 years from now, it COULD look better! be positive guys! :D

Exclusive licences are shit either way you look at it.
Only losers are us the consumers fans.
I guess it's up to the greedy Uefa/leagues.

Like turning on the phone to see som highlight (official) from the PL pretty much impossible due to rights,while NBA/NHL/NFL almost have them in real time for free across all their social media accounts

It's not decent counter because Liverpool existed in FIFA with Anfield Road in the past.
Yep. They've not gained but PES has lost.
Although they've traded it out for United and Old Trafford. That Juventus thing is a massive PR blow for FIFA and there's nothing they can really do to counter it. Even if they do, everyone already expects PES to lose licences to FIFA anyway, the reason it's so newsworthy is it isn't the norm for it to happen the other way round.

I love full manual but I'd rather play assisted PES5/6 than play full manual PES14-19

Also there were actually some options for manual in the old pes. I remember you could use the right analogue stick for manual passing. I used to use it against my mate who was awful at the game to balance out our matches lol

And I think maybe you could do it for air balls too (?). But I dont think shooting was an option.

You could perform low and high "manual" passes - but only in 8 directions, which is more are curse than a blessing in my opinion.

But if you are not into manual playing, the classic titles are a valid preference for sure as the next gen games are more or less unplayable easy and brainless on assistance.

Because I’m playing a lot of PES 5 and PES 2013 now, it really hits home how bad and soulless the modern PES games are, especially PES 2018 and 2019.

I’m playing my PES 2013 ML with a smile on my face. These PES 2020 videos just look like it’s more of the same.

I’m not even worried about the series anymore, it simply caters for a different crowd and generation of gamer.

I know without even having to play the demo that I won’t like PES 2020 unless it’s vastly different from the videos I’ve watched - which it won’t be.

I wondered about that. Maybe he means because there's no stadiums for them?
FIFA only has Allianz, San Siro and Olimpico though. PES had two of the three last year and is possibly going to have all three this year and that could be more than FIFA.

It certainly is a strange one.

Because I’m playing a lot of PES 5 and PES 2013 now, it really hits home how bad and soulless the modern PES games are, especially PES 2018 and 2019.

I’m playing my PES 2013 ML with a smile on my face. These PES 2020 videos just look like it’s more of the same.

I’m not even worried about the series anymore, it simply caters for a different crowd and generation of gamer.

I know without even having to play the demo that I won’t like PES 2020 unless it’s vastly different from the videos I’ve watched - which it won’t be.

Welcome to the PES 2013 Lovers Club.
Think I was the founder.

sadly they chose the wrong base for the series going forward

2013 was last pes I enjoyed

Ironic that EA have the UEFA Champions League license but not a licensed Juventus :LOL:. I know the same happened in previous PES but I never thought EA would allow that to happen.

Agree gameplay is more important but if they hadn't had the licenses of the biggest teams in Germany, Italy and UK some would be moaning about that.

And that's their prerogative.
If the mods aren't happy with that line of conversation they I'm sure they'll advise the poster as such.
Until then, let them have their view.
Of course.I'm not trying to shut anyone or saying that he shouldn't express his views.
Everyone has a right to speak their mind and no one's opinion is more important than someone else's.
And i have the right to say that it's getting tiring and repetitive.
And someone else has the right to say that i'm talking bullshit maybe.:DD
Anyone can say anything he wants unless he starts insulting or something.
I just said my view about all these ''Modern Pes is shit,retro Pes is God'' posts.

Nice to see Ronaldo's celebration fixed
Yeah looks much better now.In 19 it looked pretty bad.
The after goal goalsong also a nice new added detail.
That same height celebration bug is getting on my nerves though.

Also i'm starting to be kinda used to to these new shirts.
It would be better to be a bit tighter on the waist,but the overall look is better now.
At E3 they were much worse and had much clipping between shirts and shorts.
Maybe until release they will polish them even more,but they don't bother me much now as they were on the very early videos.

Saw these last night, Juve vs Juve, finally without Pes legends..some pretty good moments.

Now we just need somebody to have played Juve vs Juve against the AI. I'll be glad to never see that stupid Legends team again once the demo is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom