eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats the most positive news ive heard all day lol
Ugh. Really? I know you're only joking, but seriously. EA losing money doesn't make Konami richer, or PES better. This license news has brought out the child in everyone ("yaaayyy fuck u EA lolz").

If anything, it just reinforces a CEO's idea that we don't give a shit about gameplay, only licenses - and entirely validates the current Konami way of doing things (tiny dev team that receives no extra funding despite achieving a record-breaking profit last year).

The Mike Ashley model. No operating costs, no chunk taken out of the profit.
Is that really what we want?

Ugh. Really? I know you're only joking, but seriously. EA losing money doesn't make Konami richer, or PES better. This license news has brought out the child in everyone ("yaaayyy fuck u EA lolz").

If anything, it just reinforces a CEO's idea that we don't give a shit about gameplay, only licenses - and entirely validates the current Konami way of doing things (tiny dev team that receives no extra funding despite achieving a record-breaking profit last year).

Exactly what I was going to say.

Some fans (of either game) are contributing to this d!ck-measuring contest between EA and KONAMI battling for licenses and then showing-off, when what we really should be doing is standing together against it. Even if it won't matter.

You will see for two or three years. Konami lost everything. EA will sign agreement with Juve for next 5 years. Remember Laliga in Pes 2013 with all stadia? Now Laliga is not exist in Pes anymore.
I strongly believe that is just the beginning of bright PES future. Nextgen could be crucial in that battle.

Celebration fixed, and then Dybala seems to be taller than Ronaldo himself. Typical Konami
Not taller,same height.
So it's not shit,just a little piece of turd.
Just kidding.:DD
Yeah it looks ridiculous.
I think they've said that they have it this way because otherwise some specific celebrations like for example the one where a player touches his head to the other player's head wouldn't be possible if they hadn't the same height and it would produce much clipping.
But that's just a poor excuse.They clearly can have correct height in cutscenes if they want like when they're complaining to the referee for example,so it would be much better to just remove these dumb celebrations where it forces the players to have same height and keep the ones where it allows height variety.
For example this new celebration which they added where 5 players run behind the goal one after another and looking to the camera and one of them makes a dab,there's no reason to have same height in that situation as the players don't even touch eachother.And if i remember correctly they have height variety in that particular one.
So they just need to keep the ones which allows that if there's no other solution for now.
But i know they won't do it and i'm just here talking scenarios like a fool..

It’s too late. This is where we are. People literally do only care about playing as Ronaldo, playing fantasy card BS modes called FUT and pointless licenses like Juventus. Who cares that we can play as Juventus? Well, lots of kids will. They’ll be able to pause the game and look at Ronaldo’s face every time he touches the ball.

I’m not being cynical. Football gaming is in the worst place it’s ever been.

I strongly believe that is just the beginning of bright PES future. Nextgen could be crucial in that battle.
Really? I don’t. PES have always landed a big license or two over the years, it doesn’t mean anything. FIFA, love it or hate it, is a behemoth. PES taking on FIFA financially is like Scunthorpe taking on PSG.

I'm curious how new licenses Bayern, Juve and United will affect for sale Pes 2020 in particular in Europe compare to Fifa 20. It will be 15:1 or maybe 15: 5? Of course Barca&Arsenal and Celtic&Rangers are important too.

Last edited:
AFAIK Athens, Greek team, they're a pretty big name in European football.

AFAIK = "as far as I know". :D
Ah ok. But this doesn't really have anything to do with Roma . But it could mean that Konami is planning on having the Greek League just without that team

Like @Dennis_87 i also litterally hate those celebration with the same height. I've replayed FIFA 11 and when you see Del Piero celebrating with Luca Toni with the same height...
But it was even more visible as all the players in all cutscenes haved the same height and where small, but it was PS360 era...
It's something difficult to eat for this generation. I didn't even noticed before, because i rarely made celebrations, and cutscenes didn't have that issue.

Well, now i've got nightmares about Giroud and Kanté celebrating a goal.

@Loopy you've made my day

Like @Dennis_87 i also litterally hate those celebration with the same height. I've replayed FIFA 11 and when you see Del Piero celebrating with Luca Toni with the same height...
But it was even more visible as all the players in all cutscenes haved the same height and where small, but it was PS360 era...
It's something difficult to eat for this generation. I didn't even noticed before, because i rarely made celebrations, and cutscenes didn't have that issue.

Well, now i've got nightmares about Giroud and Kanté celebrating a goal.

@Loopy you've made my day
Why?

What do you expect @Chris Davies , if we are getting tweets like this from a brand director?
There is banter and there is professionalism.
When you reach certain level, there are things to say in public and things where you should keep your mouth shut.

I find this tweet a bit sad rather than unprofessional, to be honest. An EA promoter would have jokes from here to eternity about Pes and licenses. The truth is that they probably don't even feel in competition with Konami at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom