eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what game they are trying to replicate but it's clearly not football. That passing makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty potato peeler. Ebayed a PC controller the other day, it's arrived so I'm going back to WE9LE. Nostalgia my ass, I swear that game with stock gameplay (slowed down slightly mind you to account for modern hardware) is still ten times better than anything they've served up since. Imagine actually *having* to go backwards to go forwards, a truly alien concept. Imagine winning the ball back simply because they tried to thread a pass through your tightly packed midfield and it just got blocked by a pack of bodies.
No need for you to spend money ever again and getting a new modern game again then if you like the old one so much and it's 10 times better for you.
Isn't it a heart warming feeling..?Have fun..

It depends to who you ask this question.
For casuals around the world who may not even know about patches,a big Yes.
For PC and PS4 Pes players,No.
For Xbox Pes players,Yes.
For Fifa PC players,probably No.
For Fifa console players,Yes.
For butthurt Fifa fanboys from what i saw in these announcement tweets,surely Yes.:DD
Heh.

Nice to see EA's shady exclusivity tactics,which includes not only individual teams but whole leagues which is even worse,finally come back to bite them in the ass.
Karma is a bitch my dear EA..
Also nice to see Fifa fanboys plastics losing their shit on Twitter about how they won't support Juve any more(lol!talking about plastics..)and how nobody plays Pes.:LMAO:
Don't worry FIFAnboys,it's all part of the Surprise Mechanics!:LMAO:

I know this post won't be too well received on here as the focus is mostly on the important parts of the game (gameplay, AI, etc) but does anybody think the last few games have been lacking in the..... music department lol. I often find myself sitting at work and old PES songs come in to my head and I jump on Spotify to give it a listen. Great memories. Don't think I can even remember one song on PES in the last few games. This one has to be my favourite PES song (from 2013 if I can remember correctly) of all time:

This move has put me in a tough position...Juventus fan. For a few years I bought PES instead of FIFA until last year.
Really enjoying the animations and goal variety in FIFA and as much as I like the overall gameplay on PES (it feels more like there's small battles all over the pitch), the lack of animations and the poor ones they use for shooting, scoring etc are just killing me lol. The goalkeepers flying through the air to hang there for a second then catch the ball too.

Anyway, I'll download the demo and see how it goes from there. The other killer is that FIFA sells for $59 here on release date and PES is $79-$89 if you get a disc copy, more for digital and it stays like that for months.

Licences is not a major thing but it is positive to have it than not . It is not often you get to see EA in a vulnerable position in this aspect .

Nice to see EA's shady exclusivity tactics,which includes not only individual teams but whole leagues which is even worse,finally come back to bite them in the ass.
Karma is a bitch my dear EA..
Also nice to see Fifa fanboys plastics losing their shit on Twitter about how they won't support Juve any more(lol!talking about plastics..)and how nobody plays Pes.:LMAO:
Don't worry FIFAnboys,it's all part of the Surprise Mechanics!:LMAO:

konami hold exclusive rights to certain things too. they had exclusive champions league rights for years

people on either side fanboying over a license is just sad

konami hold exclusive rights to certain things too. they had exclusive champions league rights for years

It's not like UEFA wanted to switch boats after the disaster that the stand-alone games were and Euro DLC, remember?

That's not the point though, is it?
It is the point because if someone likes so much and prefers the old game,he can just play it and enjoy himself.
It will always be there.No need to shit on the new game all the time and remind us how much of a super duper miracle of the world the old one is.It's just getting tiring and repetitive.
Of course constructive criticism is welcomed and we should expecting and demanding a better game,but in some posts here you'll never see any praise or credit when they're doing something good with the game,but as soon as they detect any little wrong detail or something they're the first to run here and post about how shit the game is.
You don't see me here posting all the time how better overall i think the new game is and how outdated the old one is with it's strict 8 direction archaic movement,it's lack of animations and it's bad graphics.

I know this post won't be too well received on here as the focus is mostly on the important parts of the game (gameplay, AI, etc) but does anybody think the last few games have been lacking in the..... music department lol. I often find myself sitting at work and old PES songs come in to my head and I jump on Spotify to give it a listen. Great memories. Don't think I can even remember one song on PES in the last few games. This one has to be my favourite PES song (from 2013 if I can remember correctly) of all time:

When I get tired of the songs that come with a game, I turn on Spotify for ps4. Pick a playlist and let it roll! Easy and convenient!! :)

Lol pathetic song for my taste personally.
But probably a good one to meet a new chick on a Ladies Night in the club and trying to make her allow you in her vagine as Borat would say.:DD

When I get tired of the songs that come with a game, I turn on Spotify for ps4. Pick a playlist and let it roll! Easy and convenient!! :)
Interesting. Does Spotify stop playing music when gameplay starts? Or does this have to be done manually?

If the demo will have online co-op, I will not buy PES this year, I'm 88% sure about that. Like PC PES collector .. just digital version of the game is not good deal for me + all these nonsense dribbling changes and killing R2 are pissed me off so bad. I will save money for PS5.

Last edited:

I agree,it is sad.
But in this case it's also funny to see the salty tweets by them Fifa fanboys.It's a shitstorm there right now.:LOL:
We are used to this shit for so many years now,but now it's their turn to feel the frustration.
EA is responsible for this shit in the first place.
Normally both games should be allowed to have the same licenses,and it's the best solution for us gamers.
I'm sure Konami wouldn't have a problem with that.
But EA don't want that cause they're affraid to play ball with the same weapons.

Interesting. Does Spotify stop playing music when gameplay starts? Or does this have to be done manually?
That’s a minor downside, IMO. You have to stop it manually. But that’s a fast thing. Hold the ps button till the quick menu opens and press mute one time. Easy.
I use it when I’m in the menus for a longer time (edit mode, ML tactics and such)!

It is the point because if someone likes so much and prefers the old game,he can just play it and enjoy himself.
It will always be there.No need to shit on the new game all the time and remind us how much of a super duper miracle of the world the old one is.It's just getting tiring and repetitive.
Of course constructive criticism is welcomed and we should expecting and demanding a better game,but in some posts here you'll never see any praise or credit when they're doing something good with the game,but as soon as they detect any little wrong detail or something they're the first to run here and post about how shit the game is.
You don't see me here posting all the time how better overall i think the new game is and how outdated the old one is with it's strict 8 direction archaic movement,it's lack of animations and it's bad graphics.
And that's their prerogative.
If the mods aren't happy with that line of conversation they I'm sure they'll advise the poster as such.
Until then, let them have their view.

It sucks that I'm moving to Canada until the end of August and that I won't have my PS4 with me, so I won't be playing the demo. I'll have to trust you guys to preorder

It sucks that I'm moving to Canada until the end of August and that I won't have my PS4 with me, so I won't be playing the demo. I'll have to trust you guys to preorder
But you are moving to Canada!! :ROCK:
In my eyes thats better than any demo!!

I’ll be streaming manual demo gameplay if the AI is any good!! :BYE:

Modding? Fifa can be modded apart from pc?

Don't think so. Modding on Fifa is already almost dead on pc itself.

Happy to see some backlash on EA, anyway. I don't particularly care about Juvenuts but I'll take anything that brings major criticism to them with joy.

I don't know what game they are trying to replicate but it's clearly not football. That passing makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty potato peeler. Ebayed a PC controller the other day, it's arrived so I'm going back to WE9LE. Nostalgia my ass, I swear that game with stock gameplay (slowed down slightly mind you to account for modern hardware) is still ten times better than anything they've served up since. Imagine actually *having* to go backwards to go forwards, a truly alien concept. Imagine winning the ball back simply because they tried to thread a pass through your tightly packed midfield and it just got blocked by a pack of bodies.

The absence of full manual controls alone would keep me from playing it anymore. Credits to what the game offered and still does, but full manual adds so much depth to gameplay which simply can't be reached by the classic titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom