eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, looking for a match in the middle of the night without lags is nightmare on PC
But its not much better on PS4. Especially when you use "non-standard" settings. I play PA0 and decided to give online divisions a go few months back. 11pm, Saturday, middle of the weekend. After about 15mins search I just switched it off.

Personally I think we should just add people from here on PSN, invite each other and just play friendlies, if we want to play few matches. Especially than most of us couldnt give two fucks about ranking, myClub and all that.

But its not much better on PS4. Especially when you use "non-standard" settings. I play PA0 and decided to give online divisions a go few months back. 11pm, Saturday, middle of the weekend. After about 15mins search I just switched it off.

Personally I think we should just add people from here on PSN, invite each other and just play friendlies, if we want to play few matches. Especially than most of us couldnt give two fucks about ranking, myClub and all that.

I play on PA1 and I accept every other option (PA 0,2,3). Crossplay would be life saver.

Speaking of 13.
IMO, faces back then were already on acceptable level.
PES_Ronaldinho.jpg
I mean - what more do you need in a football game?

(So even if we dont mention the gameplay, which obviously should be a priority...)

Instead of focusing on players movements, bodies, clipping, too long hands, zombie walk, ugly mouths and mimics - every year they polish those god damn faces, adding pimples and wrinkles and trying to make the biggest selling point out of them.. seriously - feck off.

Speaking of 13.
View attachment 17493

(So even if we dont mention the gameplay, which obviously should be a priority...)

Instead of focusing on players movements, bodies, clipping, too long hands, zombie walk, ugly mouths and mimics - every year they polish those god damn faces, adding pimples and wrinkles and trying to make the biggest selling point out of them.. seriously - feck off.

Testify!

Serie and Serie B licensed in PES20?! This would confirm the Juventus license! Also I hope that Konami make these exclusive to PES or at least Juventus or at least Allianz Stadium, it would be a brilliant move from them to counter FIFA's aggressive licensing deals!!!

Will there be a Konami event in Italy this week? Just curious because there will be one in Russia. Might be the third team Russian then following the trend of the English and German event recently.

Will there be a Konami event in Italy this week? Just curious because there will be one in Russia. Might be the third team Russian then following the trend of the English and German event recently.
Because of the one in Russia, I am betting that we will get one to two partner clubs from Russia that will include their stadiums in PES20 and scanned faces. This would respond to Jonas Lygaard's 123...45 post:

Serie and Serie B licensed in PES20?! This would confirm the Juventus license! Also I hope that Konami make these exclusive to PES or at least Juventus or at least Allianz Stadium, it would be a brilliant move from them to counter FIFA's aggressive licensing deals!!!
Adam said in a tweet that Serie B wouldn't be licensed so unless thongs have changed massively since, I'd be surprised. Bear in mind also, EA have never managed to licence the league itself and the majority of Serie B teams in FIFA are unlicensed. Not sure Konami could even pull that one off.

Adam said in a tweet that Serie B wouldn't be licensed so unless thongs have changed massively since, I'd be surprised. Bear in mind also, EA have never managed to licence the league itself and the majority of Serie B teams in FIFA are unlicensed. Not sure Konami could even pull that one off.
Couldn't that last part be the perfect reason why they could do it?

Can't wait for Drughi and other ultras to fire missiles as part of their tifo if Juventus is licenced
FORZA JUVE!!!
Top 5 club in the world.
Although most of these Ultras especially in Italy are far right wing scum and can fuck off!

That video earlier made me want some PES 2013 action so I've gone back to it on PC.

Hot damn it's still good, the AI is so unpredictable!
It really is isn't it? I think people who are greatly dissatisfied with modern football games should go back and at least try them. If you absolutely won't budge on your stance that PS2 PES is too archaic to play, Then you should at least try PES '11 to '13, The latter being the most polished of the 3; Just to appreciate how much these accomplished on the pitch with "inferior" tech.

Speaking of 13.

I agree, Although i want as many players with authentic faces in the game as possible, I'm really not that arsed about hyper realistic faces either. Yes the tech is great and all but until a couple of years ago, Konami were making these faces by hand and look jaw dropping.

Before the Fox engine they would look, Well like they were in a videogame. Which is fine, because it is a videogame. From the PS2 onwards the games may not have looked photo realistic but they games had a recognizable, stylistic charm. You still instantly recognized who the players were supposed to be and what venue you was playing at. All i cared about was that the art style was consistent.

when adam says exclusive, what does he mean? that FIFA will have to have a team called PIEDMONT WHITE BLACK?

when adam says exclusive, what does he mean? that FIFA will have to have a team called PIEDMONT WHITE BLACK?
The tweet makes it sound like that's definitely the case...

FIFA stopped using Ronaldo in their imagery within months of FIFA 19 being released and everyone assumed it was because of the rape case (which EA absolutely denied and said they were just "rotating their star athletes" across their imagery). I wonder if this might be part of the real reason...

FIFA stopped using Ronaldo in their imagery within months of FIFA 19 being released and everyone assumed it was because of the rape case (which EA absolutely denied and said they were just "rotating their star athletes" across their imagery). I wonder if this might be part of the real reason...
Wooooooooooooooow.
That's pretty impressive for them.

Couldn't that last part be the perfect reason why they could do it?
I'd be very surprised.

United, Barca, Juve - Not bad at all.
Licenses dont really bother me as much. That been said - Im on ps4, so I can get Option File, unlike people on Xbox.
3D scans - meh..
Stadium - we barely see it during the matches, but obviously the more the merrier. Especially that Italian League didnt have many.
Biggest impact to me is that I wont have:
"Todays game - Manchester against Manchester".
That was wrecking my head. :LOL:
Overall I think they made good and interesting choices. They will have a lot of cool Legends, for people who dig this.

At least Konami reacted to the backlash of recycling the animations from the E3 trailer in the Man Utd trailer and showed us some new animations. There's an animation where Ronaldo controls it with his back, Is that new in PES? If so, hopefully it's something that only specific players can do and there's a command to do it else that might get a little ridiculous. Other than that, It looks nice as usual - There's nothing more to say about the visuals, They're great as usual.

I just want to try the demo and perform the proverbial taste test.

Yeah it was just corporate damage control. They've never 180'd on a cover star before and haven't really rotated anyone else in their FIFA 19 marketing since so that tells you everything.

It's also preemptive too. Yes he's an innocent and a free man at present, But as EA learned, Anything can happen once the key art is set and anything could happen in the next 9 months that wouldn't do their brand many favours.

But at the same time, There's always a risk with anybody you promote in any marketing material anywhere. You'd forgive EA for going with CR7 pre-launch based not only on his iconic status but his charitable contributions too.

EA, last year: I'll take the Serie A

Konami: I'll take Juve, exclusively

EA:
Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom