eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this has probably been pointed out a million times

.. but shouldnt it be eSoccer Pro Evolution Soccer 2020? Why are they using both the term football and soccer in the same title lol

Reactions: MKC
@Lami - i think it does matter, in a bigger scale of things. EA are getting a taste of their own medicine. It's not russian league this time, its Juventus. As ridiculous as it might sounds for us - it might affect their sales.
The more of a "threat" Konami becomes, the bigger chances for us to get shared licenses in the future. EA wont negotiate with Konami unless they see Konami as a real threat.
Once they stop fighting for clubs - they might finally focus on everything else.

Fifa still have Bundesliga 1 + 2 +3. For me they wins only for that, partnership or not.

I only hope that like it was mentionned, Bundesliga will be present on Pes Club Manager...
It's the same data as Pes Mobile, so thanks to our beloved tools editors, we can decrypt it and having a "balanced" buli, i mean made by Konami, with their limitations, reproduced in game with option files. But if they don't upgrade the mobile(s) games with the 2 new stats, well, it won't really matter having access to it, and recopying all stats/appeareances (they were pretty good in Pes Mobile J-league, even body structure).

If that's the case and i could apply stats, movements, ig editor faces (slightly modded for some) like i've done with J-League 1 and 2...
PES 2020 (with O.F. of course) will have the most full and interesting database since PES 5, with the 5 biggest leagues in the world reproduced in game.
Even if well, the preset faces will be limitated to some already IG players, i care most about having a bundesliga which fit with the rest of the world in terms of balance.

The only big issue, is that you won't be able to play it online, even if personnally don't play online anymore, still a big disadvantage in terms of sales.

About faces, good with real scanned + real made by artists + faces made with the IG editor, not an issue at all for me.

this has probably been pointed out a million times

.. but shouldnt it be eSoccer Pro Evolution Soccer 2020? Why are they using both the term football and soccer in the same title lol
It's a transition I think.
I reckon the 'PES' part will be dropped within a year or two and we'll be left with eFootball 2021/2022

Fun times ahead, FIFAnboys are all going to be like "eh? modding? what's that?". For real though, once they'll have to actually learn to apply mods to their game *maybe* they'll give a second glance to PES, because I think modding is the pleb filter.

Licenses dont really bother me as much. That been said - Im on ps4, so I can get Option File, unlike people on Xbox.
3D scans - meh..
Stadium - we barely see it during the matches, but obviously the more the merrier. Especially that Italian League didnt have many.
Biggest impact to me is that I wont have:
"Todays game - Manchester against Manchester".
That was wrecking my head. :LOL:
Overall I think they made good and interesting choices. They will have a lot of cool Legends, for people who dig this.
I don't care much about licenses either, but if they are done correctly, they can be cool. I just think, KONAMI can't really figure out the presentation part of the game, but still... who cares about this shit, when the gamepaly is rather meh.

Fun times ahead, FIFAnboys are all going to be like "eh? modding? what's that?". For real though, once they'll have to actually learn to apply mods to their game *maybe* they'll give a second glance to PES, because I think modding is the pleb filter.
I was just talking with one of them earlier, asking "so, how does it feel to feel what we did for the past x years?". And he replied "whatever, we can just patch it back in the game".
Oh, so now licenses are not important apparently :LOL:

If Serie A ever is licensed with a full stadium list I will buy the game (also if it's fifa) just to praise that decision. Not that I believe it's ever gonna happen of course.

Great.

As much as I'd LOVE for BOTH games to share all licenses. No exclusiveness AT ALL.
And as much as I'd love that each year's winner depended solely on what happens ON and OFF the pitch: Gameplay, Visuals, Game Modes, Innovation, Etc... instead of "OOH! I GOT THIS LICENSE AND YOU DON'T!" like 6 year old kids, I do like how Konami/PES are taking care of their (few but good) licensed teams.
They try to make something special out of each licensed team.

And whilst it's all about money, I'm pretty sure the Bayern Munich Marketing department and the people whose job is to look out for the brand's image, loved to see the PES trailer, well taken care of, with great visuals, an amazing representation of the Allianz Arena, etc. Same for Juve. Same for Manchester United.

In the long run, this will undoubtedly benefit PES. Because after this, next year many more teams would be interested (if the money is good enough).
Unfortunately though, we don't know if they'd be able to keep up with this visual quality and dedication if they were to sign partnerships with, say, 15 teams at once.

Last edited:
So, will The Chiseled Ron be in FIFA20 at all? Like, in the Portuguese national team he must be surely...

Now that they have both ManU and Juventus, I wonder why they don't include a special version of Ronaldo for MyClub. The younger, trickster, version of Cristiano (just like they're doing with Iniesta and his younger self). That would be a great strategy for MyClub and I've never even played that mode.

Also, Dybala looks off-the-chain

D_lngjmXUAANTfC

It is undoubtedly the fans who suffer from exclusive licensing agreements - it just so happens that this time, the shoe is on the other foot. That doesn't make it better or worse (it's just nice to see the side that gets kicked every year starting to hit back a little).

That being said, it's strange seeing three individual team licenses being celebrated when it'll still be (e.g.) Man United v West London White, Bayern v [German league missing] etc... In my honest opinion, the licenses make no difference because all their opponents are fake, so they may as well all be fake. The stadiums look great but give me 30 fake ones over 3 licensed ones every day of the week.

The bigger tragedy IMO is that EA are so license-heavy, there isn't even an editor to "fix" this stuff. If you're a Juventus fan and you prefer FIFA 20, it's going to be a crap year.
Its good and bad what happened with Juve and Pes exclusive deal. Bad is what You said who prefer Fifa 20 won’t play Juve in game. Good show EA that this licenses war can be dangerous for them too. For years EA won with this strategy of licenses and always Pes had problems but now EA can feel it.

As some of you may know, I'm a FIFA modder as well as a PES one.
You wouldn't believe the reactions from the FIFA community (not even FUT kids) regarding all this.

Just two of em, right here.

I think Adios posts here at Evo-Web too?! :CONF:

Juventus posted the trailer on their youtube channel, too. And the comments are quite good, seems like most of the Italian players are playing PES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom