Do you still play PES 2016?

Do you still play PES 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 103 55.4%
  • No (or waiting for patch)

Votes: 83 44.6%

• Total voters
First PES I haven't even purchased. I watch a chap on YouTube do a ML series and the gameplay looks alright but nearly every goal he scores is from a long through ball and the players look like they are running around at 100mph all the time. Also the 'keepers look a total shambles and that 'team spirit' thing in ML seems to ruin the game long term.

PES15 is where it's at, still loving the game. Yes, there are things on it that are a bit 'meh' but overall it's my favorite PES since PES05/06.

Do you still play Pes 2016? If you didn't even purchase the game, I.......... Never mind. It be a waste of time. Enjoy Pes 2015.

Nope, since finding the perfect camera view (Tele broadcast 16, 4) playing FIFA 16 on Legendary now.

For the first time ever I'm playing FIFA more than PES. Lack of free kicks given and CPU low shot has completely killed PES for me. On PS3.

:BYE: Bye bye PES

I thought I would give it a go again since the new patch on PS3. Started a league game against Leicester. They had two shots and scored two goals low into the bottom corner of the net. Switched off until the next patch (if there is one).

This year really sucks for football games. PES 5 normally gets me through the year but I've played that enough now and I need something else. Really forcing myself to get into FIFA 16, it's difficult but at least there are random shots.:BORED:

Still not playing PES 2016 but I need to update what I AM playing. I gave up forcing myself to like FIFA and decided to give PES 2015 another go. I am enjoying my ML on there and I'm hoping I have finally found my fix since PES 5 :SMUG:

First PES I haven't even purchased. I watch a chap on YouTube do a ML series and the gameplay looks alright but nearly every goal he scores is from a long through ball and the players look like they are running around at 100mph all the time. Also the 'keepers look a total shambles and that 'team spirit' thing in ML seems to ruin the game long term.

PES15 is where it's at, still loving the game. Yes, there are things on it that are a bit 'meh' but overall it's my favorite PES since PES05/06.

Totally agree :)

Won't be playing it till they fix the defensive side of the game, tired of defensive Ai just following the ball carrier and not attempting to hold back or foul player, whole game is a mess in that department all over regardless of modified tactics, game is too casual for me now.

Won't be playing it till they fix the defensive side of the game, tired of defensive Ai just following the ball carrier and not attempting to hold back or foul player, whole game is a mess in that department all over regardless of modified tactics, game is too casual for me now.
the defensive side leave a lot to be desired, defenders just dont do the thing that is most important, position themselves always with an attacker, i always found goals going in from the middle with no one even close and striker scores the goal we all know, bottom corner low shot.

Gave upon this rehashed game in the first week. Saw immediately that Konami never even even bother fixing the broken gameplay issues from PES 2015 that we spent months unsuccessfully trying to fix.

Last edited:

I agree. I'm playing always offline and I think PES 2016 CPU AI is very poor, CPU players pass, shoot, run, but don't play football. The game needs to be more simulation and less arcadey.

I'm playing Winning Eleven 2014 version 1.0 Master League 30 min matches. It's the closest to real football. Heart feature is very interesting, matchs are different and during a match I can enjoy different phases. I think 'Heart' adds a tactical RPG feature to the game. It's about winning individual 'battles' in different areas of the field, as you win these battles your stats improve and you can play better, pass better, etc... same goes for CPU. This adds great variety to the match. I think this game is very different from the PES 2008-2013 period and PES 2015-16 gameplay, it was a great attempt to make a deep simulation.

Yes, and I actually started a ML serie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onFruQlsViE

You don't have to post this in every single thread. It's starting to get irritating.

Anyway back on topic, wanting to revitalize this thread. Last PES I truly enjoyed was 2013, downloaded the PES 16 demo and was amazed. It played fantastic fluid football, tons of variety, nothing was the same! I was devastated when I found out I wouldn't be getting the game for a while after release due to financial constraints, then some lovely chap who runs some of the PESLeague tournaments sent me a copy.

I played the first game, it was alright. Not as good as the demo, but blindly I thought maybe they just changed a few things. As I got further and further into the game, the more irritating it got. Little bugs that didn't exist in the demo. Players taking touches of 10-20 feet ahead of them which the AI can easily intercept, passing being changed, keepers became 10x shitter. It became a disaster. The game had become frustrating, a chore to play, but I convinced myself to play it because, one day... one day it's going to click and I will fall in love with the game again. Fast forward 2 1/2 months, and I haven't picked up the game since The Day the transfer update 'finally' was released. It was the same old shit. Keepers not being able to save a thing, every AI goal was the same. I hated it. I picked up the game earlier today, same old shit.

I've spent my free time recently, watching wrestling, playing FM and occasionally playing FIFA. My free time used to be spent crouching down in front of the TV playing PES 2013 until my Mum forced me to go to bed. Nowadays the PES case is just on my desk collecting dust.

Shame really.

The game is simply fantastic. I really do not understand the complaints. This game is simply pure football. Touches make the difference when attacking. Defending in a triangle is key, forcing the opponent to go around you and not through the middle. This game is just awesome. But like I said it's pure football so you will enjoy it if you know, play and love football

Last edited:
The game is simply fantastic. I really do not understand the complaints. This game is simply pure football. Touches make the difference when attacking. Defending in a triangle is key, forcing the opponent to go around you and not through the middle. This game is just awesome. But like I said it's pure football so you will enjoy it if you know, play and love football

+1000!

In love with PES2016.

But like I said it's pure football so you will enjoy it if you know, play and love football

It should always be respected when someone has a different opinion.

If people love PES 2016, I totally respect that and don´t claim them to be stupid, too easy to please or have a lack of knowledge of football.

My problem with PES 2016 is the passing on rails, same goals of the CPU (both things can be toned down when you force yourself to play manual though), the way the PC port got handled, goalkeeper low shot stuff and so many other things that have been mentionend a thousand times already

Now if people can overlook these things and still enjoy the game...great. Really, I´m happy for them.
Unfortunately I can´t.

But statements like these are just like pouring oil into a burning fire for no reason.

I know about football, play football myself and really love it.
But I can´t enjoy this game.

And now?

Hey don't get me wrong, there is nothing like playing the real thing but as a substitute I think this is the best we've had since the ps2 era. So if you really love the sport and play it like you mentioned then I just do not get how you can't love it for what it is. Nothing on the last gen consoles even comes close.

I think a simple solution that konami can try is adding more detailed explanation on the various level, let say:
Superstar: AI might cheat you, your player might act odd, tackles are crazy, get over it :)
Pro player: scripting might be there, if u want challenge give it a try :)
Casual : no scripting, no surprise, business as usual :)

I'm wondering what will be the outcome? ;)

well i will try to play it on ps4, because this game is made for ps4 only, meaning consoles only.

i just tried playing it on PS4 yresterday for the first time and it's a completely different experience.
Everything feels better IMO

and,
ma da fa kin entrance scenes

i just tried playing it on PS4 yresterday for the first time and it's a completely different experience.
Everything feels better IMO

and,
ma da fa kin entrance scenes
I told you man its a whole new experience becausw konami decidee that this game should be made for consoles and yeah some other staff asked: what about pc adam? Adam answers: lets just make a fake copy of what we have on ps4 yeah and give it to them...

cpu does not have enough variety of shooting and their attacks seem easily predictable :BLEH:

I would love to see a video from everyone who keeps saying this on the highest difficulty proving to us how predictable they are while also ripping them apart. Unedited of course. I really wanna see if it's really me. Personally I like the difficulty. It's challenging but not unrealisticly hard.

Back
Top Bottom