Do you still play PES 2016?

Do you still play PES 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 103 55.4%
  • No (or waiting for patch)

Votes: 83 44.6%

• Total voters
The fact is that this years' demo was really great...fantastic...perhaps the best football game i've ever played (even without the fouls).

Why can't the Retail version be like that fantastic demo? I really don't understand that...

@gerd. i think this year was exceptional, the retail was exactly like the demo

I'm not suggesting that, I agree with you - I think the high review scores are the result of old-school PES fans loving the fluidity of the game and basing everything around that "retro feeling". I don't think any of those reviewers want the game to move into the 21st century, and they want PES to be a pick-up-and-play fun-fest.

i disagree here, it wasnt like that, ever ...or i was a shitty player. FIFA 2000 was the one where you could dribble trough the whole pitch with doing one trick constantly and where you could score 3 types of goals. now PES is that game.

so even if they hardcore PES fans, i doubt they've played more than a few games to see the big flaws of it. as for the other half of the reviewing community, you should never ever be a blind fanboy.

Last edited:
i disagree here, it wasnt like that, ever ...or i was a shitty player. FIFA 2000 was the one where you could dribble trough the whole pitch with doing one trick constantly and where you could score 3 types of goals. now PES is that game.
In PES you could always put together great moves (with the right players) by using a few buttons, the gameplay had depth but you didn't have to read a book to be able to play well.

That's what I meant by pick-up-and-play, and it's not a bad thing to be able to pick a game up easily (I still can't dribble on FIFA and hate hate HATE how other people can memorise things like "hold L2, rotate right analog stick clockwise 90 degrees, flick left-to-right, rotate anti-clockwise back into the original position, shout your surname and the names of three green vegetables, and press X twice - your player will move the ball from one foot to the other").

I think the reviewers were guys who haven't played PES in their personal time for a long time, because they hold the majority opinion that FIFA overtook it gameplay-wise a few years ago, and so they've come back from this "break" to find that PES is now fast, fluid, and doesn't require you to learn a load of button combos, and doesn't usually end up with hard-fought but boring 0-0s or 1-0s like the new FIFA does. That "excitement" is definitely the reason why it got such high review scores across the board (though sometimes, those same reviewers marked down FIFA 15 for that exact reason, too many goals - yet for PES that's great).

Last edited:
@gerd. i think this year was exceptional, the retail was exactly like the demo

so even if they hardcore PES fans, i doubt they've played more than a few games to see the big flaws of it. as for the other half of the reviewing community, you should never ever be a blind fanboy.

Yes I do agree with you, after playing this game a lot in its early days and having gotten better at it, I'm at a point where I can dribble with a CB or SB from one end to the pitch to the other, once you trigger those invisible running lanes and timing your bursts, they AI jus tracks with you without intensity, even after modifying the tactics to increase the intensity in the front half and middle, the game is broken, in the old days you had to earn your space, now it's cheesy, very disappointed where this game is heading now.

I thought I would give it a go again since the new patch on PS3. Started a league game against Leicester. They had two shots and scored two goals low into the bottom corner of the net. Switched off until the next patch (if there is one).

This year really sucks for football games. PES 5 normally gets me through the year but I've played that enough now and I need something else. Really forcing myself to get into FIFA 16, it's difficult but at least there are random shots.:BORED:

Still play, but as always the game is missing all serie A stadiums, premier league and la liga. I remember the days of kit and stadium server. I hope those days come again.

I voted no, have no time to play, i don't even have much time to patch or do tactics :(

To much work.

PES 2016 is a good, fun game with enjoyable gameplay but i feels as if i have to shut my brain off at times its that basic with the lack of dynamic movement and those fucking low shots from the CPU for every goal. I'll continue to post tactics when i have time buts not worth the effort playing much, the game is the worst PES of all time off the pitch, not even 2008 was this badly a shambles!

I know if i fix the tactics this game on the pitch is very, very good but you know, allow it! Konami's attitude has left too much of a bad taste for me. No option files is too much of an time issue. I'll post them online using the guide and experiments i did before but i doubt i'll do any videos or much this year,

In my opinion every football game since 2013 has been a letdown really, on the pitch PES 2013 still humiliates every game since with ease and I'm thinking when I finish this Christmas work I might just play that and forget about all the newer games because I'm concerned about Konami not caring at all and FIFA is dead until they at the very least start a brand new engine.

I'm not massive on PES6 but its fun and i certainly know where they are all coming from hating the new games.

started playing PES 16 again recently and realised it isn't actually that shit, i only play world cups or european championships, aint got time for all that other nonsense, i don't mind the gameplay and i've never really cared about having thousands of stadiums, so i aint bothered that there are only about 10 in the game, but the main problems is CPU rarely foul.

Nope. In fact I didn't buy it at all, therefore PES2016 joins PES2008 as the only two games in the series I haven't bought, and I'm going back to the PS1 ISS days here.

I had the chance to try the full game but quickly came to the conclusion that PES2016 just isn't for me. It looks and feels like a budget football game now rather than the premium series it once was. A clunky, dated, spartan football game, shoddily put together. PES is circling the toilet bowl as far as I'm concerned. I really don't see a way back from here. Konami doesn't care and to be honest, for the first time, neither do I.

The critical reception of this game is baffling. Genuinely baffling.

I'm an offline only player on Superstar full manual and this is the first time since 2008 I've given up on PES so early, in previous editions I have always found Master League to be playable but this years game offline is a complete headache for me. I played a season and a half of ML pre update to prepare for the roster update, I found the Team Spirit feature to be extremely unbalanced, I was rebuilding AC Milan and was struggling at the start of the season with TS in the 60's which I found fair enough however once my TS was in the 90's I was hitting 7+ goals in most games, it was ridiculous, the form arrow system is also just mental to me, having two or three attackers on a red or orange arrow simply allows you destroy anyone.

The default tactics for every team have had no effort put into them from Konami whatsoever, Arsenal setting up with two DMF's for example is just nonsense.

The CPU attacks are predictable and boring, through ball through ball through ball through ball, the CPU rarely exploits wide areas, rarely puts in a cross, rarely fouls, hardly ever shoots from outside the box, the ball never goes out of play, I actually find myself kicking the ball out of play myself to make substitutions. It just doesn't feel like a game football to me.

The only players on my team who ever run out of stamina on any team I use is my AMF, LMF and RMF.

I will try 7-10 exhibition games after another gameplay patch is released to see if I can get into but as of this moment I'm finished.

Sorry for a ramble but it felt good to get some of this off my chest :)

No use trying exhibition games, they are the best ones. I've given up on the ML. Play a league currently and i'm enjoying it, but it's still a game with serious issues.

For Christmas i will have NBA2K16 and that will be the end of PES2016 until the DLC with the Euro's. And i hate to sound so pessimistic, but i'm afraid that will be a letdown too.

Finally stopped playing the game, the low cpu shots is getting on my nerves. I'm back playing PES 2015 now, it's a better game for me. Also tried playing some FIFA 16 again, fantastic gameplay! but I don't know why, the game is just boring for me.

The critical reception of this game is baffling. Genuinely baffling.

Might be Konami thinking marketing has more effect on sales than actually fixing gameplay and providing decent features. Most gamers are ultra casual. They buy the game and play a few pick up games here and there.

I mean this is a company who recently parted ways with their greatest talent, Hideo Kojima, and said their future was mainly in mobile gaming so.

I agree. And I believe that really was/is PES's ultimate downfall. But they still will try to cater to casual gamers, because that's the main market.

No matter what they do, a large group of people will still just say "FIFA is the best, I have not even heard of PES" or "What is this garbage? Where are the EPL teams?"

Guys like us who try to mod and tweak games for the PC are most likely a niche market.

I agree. And I believe that really was/is PES's ultimate downfall. But they still will try to cater to casual gamers, because that's the main market.

No matter what they do, a large group of people will still just say "FIFA is the best, I have not even heard of PES" or "What is this garbage? Where are the EPL teams?"

Guys like us who try to mod and tweak games for the PC are most likely a niche market.

But a market of quality ;)ow.

i will never ever compare fifa gameplay with any pes series...in gameplay i mean(no licences and so on)...any pes is way way better than any fifa....and the last one is no exeption...still playing it and like it a lot..despite pes 15 felt more football simulation gameplay to me.i tried all fifa too..in gameplay such a disappointment...goals all the same..player movements, shoots..all the same....i get bored quickly with fifa instead...

I don't play it that much, maybe all in all, I played 30 matches since the game release. there is some fun, but the game is soul-less.

I have WE2016, not PES2016 (but they are very similar games)... Yes, I am still playing it, but only once every 2 weeks. But that time I play it, it would be for 4-5 hours, all exhibition matches, all with friends offline (i.e. same room).

Are you saying the FIFAs goals and shots are all the same? Or PES are all the same ?

I guess he meant FIFA :).

To me it´s the total opposite.

Even after 6 months I had situations in FIFA 15 I´ve never seen before.
And FIFA 16´s gameplay is a bit of an improvement imo.

In PES I feel so many situations not changing enough i.e. being all the same.

Which is actually a pity because in PES (2015 and 2016) there are some really nice animations of headers, passes and goalkeeper saves.

And that´s the sad thing about it. Potential is there so much, but they just can´t get it right.

game is only playable vs a friend, bugs are hidden a bit while playing vs a friend, coz he makes attacking variations, unlike cpu hard coded through ball through ball gameplay and fouls are a bit more applied, but still u can have tackles galore still no fouls...

I guess he meant FIFA :).

To me it´s the total opposite.

Even after 6 months I had situations in FIFA 15 I´ve never seen before.
And FIFA 16´s gameplay is a bit of an improvement imo.

In PES I feel so many situations not changing enough i.e. being all the same.

Which is actually a pity because in PES (2015 and 2016) there are some really nice animations of headers, passes and goalkeeper saves.

And that´s the sad thing about it. Potential is there so much, but they just can´t get it right.
well ..that sound a bit contraddictory..the potential is there so..what does that mean? Pes 15 and 16 are both good games ..

well ..that sound a bit contraddictory..the potential is there so..what does that mean? Pes 15 and 16 are both good games ..

It's not contradictory, PES does somethings really well but unfortunately not the fundamentals of football ..even though it does somethings well it's still not a good game as it stands ..In some people opinion though the potential is recognised. .weather it will ever reach its potential is a wait and see..personalLtd I'm not so sure as the main issues have now been there for at least 2 years

PES went total FIFA with the new engine and goes on that route still, it has casual gameplay, what everyone can enjoy. age, gender, picked team wont matter. like Call of Duty and these generic shooters and all the casual games nowdays who appeal for everyone.

one thing i dont understand, why would they do this? they cant never ever offer such complete game as EA. since if u have two similar games, one with no licences and tons of needed editing time to make it complete, horrible online and DLC offers and a complete game, wich would u choose?
sooner or later all the FIFA fans who praising PES a little will go back to FIFA because it isnt that complete game. and PES will loose or lost already all the hardcore fans who were there for years because of player individuality and simulation feeling because of that.

PES is heading to a dead end. trying to beat FIFA on Ultimate Team and on licence level with an ice skating football game. do they have a chance? without proper amount of money? i dont think so.

not to mention FIFA is the other case where they changing monthly the gameplay with patches to please the oldschool FIFA fans aswell because basicly they are trying to make a new PS2 PES game but they listen to all the whiners and they slowly ending up making a hybrid game wich will not please anyone.

First PES I haven't even purchased. I watch a chap on YouTube do a ML series and the gameplay looks alright but nearly every goal he scores is from a long through ball and the players look like they are running around at 100mph all the time. Also the 'keepers look a total shambles and that 'team spirit' thing in ML seems to ruin the game long term.

PES15 is where it's at, still loving the game. Yes, there are things on it that are a bit 'meh' but overall it's my favorite PES since PES05/06.

Back
Top Bottom