[Current/Next Gen] Battlefield 4

Tried this online last night on ps4.

Man I suck at this game, I'm hoping it is due to others being at a higher level than me at the moment.

I was pretty good on BF:BC2 and BF3 but yeah I'm getting my ass handed to me on this one. My K/D is about 0.49 so around 250 kills to 500 deaths. Most of them snipers. The maps are littered with them and if you play on hardcore it makes knowing where you were shot from almost impossible.

I'm gettingvthe cod feeling where I think I'm shootin the guy over and over then they shoot me once and I'm dead.

I liked hardcore on bf2 and 3 so might try that out.

Good to know I'm not the only one finding it tough.

I'm gettingvthe cod feeling where I think I'm shootin the guy over and over then they shoot me once and I'm dead.

I liked hardcore on bf2 and 3 so might try that out.

Good to know I'm not the only one finding it tough.

How do you get to play Hardcore? I like a bit of realism in my games so prefer not to have little lights popping up showing where people are. Was going to join Scorpio's game last night but he logged off. I went to multiplayer but couldn't find the hardcore option. What an I missing?

How do you get to play Hardcore? I like a bit of realism in my games so prefer not to have little lights popping up showing where people are. Was going to join Scorpio's game last night but he logged off. I went to multiplayer but couldn't find the hardcore option. What an I missing?

Depending on the server settings, hardcore mode usually means:

No mini-map.
No orange indicators over spotted enemy heads.
Less bullets to kill/be killed.
No kill-cam.

It's much better IMO. All about personal preference I guess.

Depending on the server settings, hardcore mode usually means:

No mini-map.
No orange indicators over spotted enemy heads.
Less bullets to kill/be killed.
No kill-cam.

It's much better IMO. All about personal preference I guess.

Thanks but I know what it means as played it in other games. How do I get to choose a game of Hardcore? That's what I'm trying to find out. Cheers

Thanks but I know what it means as played it in other games. How do I get to choose a game of Hardcore? That's what I'm trying to find out. Cheers

Oh. Haha.

For HC games, I sign into the Battlelog and choose multiplayer and filter the servers, then join game. It'll activate in your console game. Quite clever. It also updates stats etc. in live play.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/

I used to be pretty good in previous BF's, always ranking around the top of the table, but now I'm dying every 2 seconds!

Last time I played I got 0 kills and 21 deaths!!

Playing on Hardcore but still... :(

I used to be pretty good in previous BF's, always ranking around the top of the table, but now I'm dying every 2 seconds!

Last time I played I got 0 kills and 21 deaths!!

Playing on Hardcore but still... :(

Exactly the same here mate. Exactly. I was shit hot on BC2 and BF3, and TBH I am getting better on this, but my K/D is around 0.5 which is absolutely terrible. In all honesty, I'm not doing myself any favours, as I usually run into gunfire or stand in no man's land trying to track a chopper with the Stinger. No wonder I'm getting my arse handed to me.

People say K/D isn't important in BF, and I have to agree, it's all about getting points and ranking up, but it does serve towards enjoyment a little bit.

Really having a lot of fun with the game as a whole though, crashes aside.

Just unlocked the M416 as Assault, which is a great rifle, especially with the newly acquired RDS scope.

My usual set up:

Conquest

Engineer

MP7/Holo/Laser
M1911
FIM92 Stinger
M2 Slam
M18 Smoke
Anti-Tank Field Upgrade

BbIFZrrIQAA1ozI.jpg

We will be rolling out the Xbox One game update today, starting 10AM UTC / 2AM PDT. Players may experience some downtime as we upgrade our services. Expect patch notes to become available soon.

XBO patch notes:

We are now rolling out a new game update on Xbox One, and are already working on the next update based on your feedback. This update includes a number of stability improvements that should fix some of the most common crashes.

Dec 13 Xbox One Game Update Notes
-Fixed three common crashes that could occur during map transitions
-Fixed a common crash that could occur when using the in-game Battlelog in the end of round screen
-Fixed two crashes related to destroying vehicles
-Fixed a crash that could occur when the player lost connection to a server
-Fixed a crash that could occur when using the scoreboard
-Fixed a crash that could occur when players were using the voice chat
-Optimized performance when shooting destroyed Levolution objects on some levels
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed a memory leak that could lead to crashes at certain points
-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file in the single player campaign
-Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
-Fixed an issue with going online after resuming your Xbox One from suspended mode
-Fixed some issues with the handling of Xbox One parties
-Made the icons used to signal voice chat status more reliable

Cheers, I did join you on a couple of games the other night but we were on different teams.

Ahh I didn't notice, but then the way the XBO is at the moment it's difficult knowing what's going on. Especially with Party Chat being a complete nightmare to set up effectively.

Enjoyed the jackfrags vids, cheers.

Liking the game but I can't be arsed with 64 player conquest. It is just random as fuck, you can't really have a tactic that doesn't involve firing blindly and hoping for the best. Really liking Rush on these maps so far - when there's good teams. Otherwise it's 6 and a half minute matches back-to-back

My experience so far:

Spawn - Psssst! - DEAD
Spawn - run - Psssst, Psssst! - DEAD
Spawn - crawl - Psssst! - DEAD
WHO THE FUCK KEEPS SHOOTING ME!!!!

How the hell do you play this game?

I'm sure in the previous games you could set your soldier up before a game. E.g changing attachments on guns etc.

I can only do that when I start a game now?

You can also do it all through Battlelog online which is simple and updates live.

Why they've taken it out of the full game I've no idea.

Back
Top Bottom