[Current/Next Gen] Battlefield 4

There's a great comparison tool on eurogamer to view an image from each version side-by-side.

You can really tell the difference between next-gen and pc's (no surprises there) but also between the xb180 and ps4. Personally I find the softer image from the ps4 nicer and calmer, but at the same time it loses the crispness that the 180 is showing. The fall back is that the 180 can look rougher around the edges because it's crisper. I think the softer ps4 visuals will make it look more cinema-like, which I like tbh.

It's nice that you can see exactly what they describe in the comparison; that the 50% resolution boost doesn't automatically translate to a far better picture, and for some might even be the lesser version depending on your tastes.

There's a great comparison tool on eurogamer to view an image from each version side-by-side.

You can really tell the difference between next-gen and pc's (no surprises there) but also between the xb180 and ps4. Personally I find the softer image from the ps4 nicer and calmer, but at the same time it loses the crispness that the 180 is showing. The fall back is that the 180 can look rougher around the edges because it's crisper. I think the softer ps4 visuals will make it look more cinema-like, which I like tbh.

It's nice that you can see exactly what they describe in the comparison; that the 50% resolution boost doesn't automatically translate to a far better picture, and for some might even be the lesser version depending on your tastes.

I'm not very technical minded so it's odd that Eurogamer say the PS4 looks softer in still images but much better in motion. Either way they claim PS4 wins hands down vs XB so I'm happy with that - but lets face it, non-PC gamers like myself will find either console version to look great compared to current gen.

One feature I read about that sounds awesome is the ability to get the game map up on my iPad, prop it next to my TV and see all my mates in my squad moving about in real time. I really like that feature.

They have removed the possibility to create squads pre-game.
Thats the stupidest idea I've seen in years for a MP title.
It's a pain to play with your friends now.

I will start the complaints then...

Played the PC version today, despite me and my friend being kicked to desktop by BF4 crashing, server performance at present is terrible we kept server hopping to try and find a server that didn't completely lag out with full 64 players.

Other down points is the amount of campers and spawn point killers, it was just really frustrating.

But game is very good, pretty much the same as BF3 but the graphics are improved, the higher res textures than the beta make it probably the best looking game on the market.

Ive played a lot of bad games this year but this one is so bad.
NOTHING WORKS ONLINE and I got my campaign save corrupted twice.
Thats too much for me, I m selling it after this weeking and will get Cod instead. I cant play online anymore, luckily I m having fun with the campaign.

Last edited:
I have been playing on the PC and it has been great, even though I have not been playing with mates.

Really impressed with how this game is

I've got a major issue with the PC version too, whenever I try quit a multiplayer game (after it's finished) it goes to a black loading screen and freezes there. every single time.

I open task manager, close the process, and then I have to restart my PC in order to play the game again as apparently the process keeps on running.

Any help? :(

After playing fair amount of games , the biggest problem alongside netcode is maps..Most of them are not Battlefield maps..Operation Locker,Zavod,Flood Zone are for the Cod community..Hainan Resort and Dawnbreaker have really bad design and they are boring..Paracel Storm,Golmud Railway,Shangai,Roque Tr and Lancang Dam are kinda good but they are no where near Wake Island,Operation Hastings or other classic BF maps..I hope upcoming Dlcs have good maps actually they have to..Besides that, what happened to old quality of soundtracks? Bad Company 1 had an amazing soundtrack as well as 2..I think f..ing EA wankers cut the costs..

YouTube - Battlefield Bad Company OST - Battlefield Theme

YouTube - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam - Operation Hastings Theme

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom