[Current/Next Gen] Battlefield 4

Couple more questions if anyone can help:

why do the blue/green icons not appear above your team mates all the time? I don't know how many times I've almost team killed by mistake. Is there a reason for this?

also

Are the guns you unlock further into your soldiers progression any better than the first few guns? I've upgraded my guns as I unlock them but I can't say I notice any difference from the default gun I started with

Couple more questions if anyone can help:

why do the blue/green icons not appear above your team mates all the time? I don't know how many times I've almost team killed by mistake. Is there a reason for this?

also

Are the guns you unlock further into your soldiers progression any better than the first few guns? I've upgraded my guns as I unlock them but I can't say I notice any difference from the default gun I started with

First question I don't know the answer to. Bloody frustrating in hardcore mode though.

There's some great weapons you can unlock for the various classes too. As an all rounder, the AK5C carbine is a good choice. It's the first gun in the carbine range. Worth doing a Google search for best weapons. Can be very helpful.

First question I don't know the answer to. Bloody frustrating in hardcore mode though.

There's some great weapons you can unlock for the various classes too. As an all rounder, the AK5C carbine is a good choice. It's the first gun in the carbine range. Worth doing a Google search for best weapons. Can be very helpful.

Cheers mate, yeah I play hardcore too and find it very confusing.
There's just so many guns to choose from (too many imo). I'll do a bit of google research.
Also, I can't believe how few Rush games there are on Hardcore. Seems everyone wants to play Conquest these days.

Should I level up on the out the box settings before jumping in to hardcore?

Slowly but surely getting there though the matchmaking does not seem to work as there are always folk way above my level 7 soldier

Re: Battlefield 4

Do you guys use quick match or the server browser?

I use quick match because whenever I check the server browser all the maps are empty.

The same happened in BF3 when they added custom servers, its weird.

I think the game is corrupting my game save every time it crashes.

It treats me as a new player when I boot up again.

EDIT: I've learned my lesson, the game has crashed on me 7 times in the last 24 hours, I'm not touching it again until they fix it.

:BRICK:

Last edited:
Re: Battlefield 4

Same my single player save keeps crashing meaning I have to start a new campaign ffs

I finished the single player recently, it's okay I suppose, some of the set-pieces were fun mainly for the graphics if anything (the level in the storm was nice and the part in the ship shown at E3was cool) but it was essentially the exact same game as BF3, which is exactly the same in single player as COD.

I dunno. They need to either ditch off the single player part of Battlefield from now on or really go for it and make it a proper sandbox-type game. Bad Company 2 had more of an open feel and that game came out years ago.

The BF campaign is pretty much just a tech demo/tutorial really, the multiplayer has always been the proper part of the game.

Quite a few times I have been shooting someone at close range and it switches to my knife. Is this something that happens on purpose if you run out of bullets?

Quite a few times I have been shooting someone at close range and it switches to my knife. Is this something that happens on purpose if you run out of bullets?

No. The knife is a seperate button. You've clearly been pressing the analogue stick down too much while firing.

If you play on PC, then I have no idea :LOL:

Updates rolled out now.

Jan 15 XBOne Game Update Notes
-Various fixes for improving general stability
-Fixed various random deadlocks (the so called “sound loop crash”)
-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
-Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
-Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open
-Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
-Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
-China Rising: Fixed animation glitch for motorbike passengers ocuring when aiming
-Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
-Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
-Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
-Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons in the scoreboard would not be updated
-Fixed issue with soldier health showing 1 HP in killcard instead of 0 HP
-Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
-Reduced the risk of single player campaign save file becoming corrupt

Jan 14 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Various fixes for improving general stability
-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
-Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
-Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
-Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
-Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
-EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn’t start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese
-Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0
-Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done

Smoke in this game is useless, in BC2 and BF3 it was a good tactical option but in BF4 it's a waste of time.

It's not thick at all and your better off blowing up a vehicle and using that as a decoy/shield etc.

EDIT: It seems I spoke too soon, there are different/better options for smoke to unlock later on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom