Copa Santander Libertadores 2012

Re: Copa Santander Libertadores 2010

Woah, lots of Boca fans around here! I'm with Corinthians till the end. Not sure if they have what is needed to go deep in the tournament but I still believe they can make some noise. C'mon Timão deserves it! Looooong time waiting for this title! :(

As for Flamengo, I have no words. They may have good players but they certainly lack a team.

Internacional have the deepest roster out of the contenders, imo. They played brilliant yesterday (at least in the first half, didn't watch the second) even without the likes of D'Alessandro, Óscar and Guiñazu.

Thanks for the update MASTER - w11 my Corinthians mate. Oh and please update the title (yes, I know I'm a very annoying person but I'm a perfectionist :P).

Last edited:

Looking forward to Fluzão x Boca next week! :)
Too bad we currently don't have the atmosphere of Maracanã to make it more special, but still should be a great match.
Even if we win, I still fancy Boca to advance anyway.

Looking forward to Fluzão x Boca next week! :)
Too bad we currently don't have the atmosphere of Maracanã to make it more special, but still should be a great match.
Even if we win, I still fancy Boca to advance anyway.

Deco ran the show at La Bombonera. :PIRATE:

The match in La Bombonera was great even if we lose, the atmosphere was epic, as always, that's why we are one og the biggest and better supporters in the world (don't forget the 10,000 people in Japan or the psycho crowd in the Camp Nou in the J. Gamper Cup a few years before). Now in the match at Flu's stadium we will show what we can do, we are into a great steak, winning and winning here in the Cup & League.

Deco ran the show at La Bombonera. :PIRATE:

Yeah he did! He's very influential in our team, when he plays our midfield keeps possession for longer and passes the ball around smoothly. On top of that he gave an assist to Fred and scored the winner. Some players simply have it in them, it's hard to describe. Deco is really special.

La Bombonera is a very difficult ground to visit. I think only other 4 or 5 Brazilian teams had triumphed there before!

Should be a great match at Engenhão. Our main players were rested yesterday but Thiago Neves was played and seems recovered, even scoring a goal.
Let's see what happens, may the best win it! :)

This week matches:

Tuesday 10:

Unión Española (Chile) vs. Bolívar (Bolivia)
Zamora ** (Venezuela) vs. Arsenal (Argentina)
Deportivo Quito (Ecuador) vs. Defensor Sporting (Uruguay)
Atlético Nacional (Colombia) vs. Peñarol ** (Uruguay)

Wednesday 11:

Fluminense * (Brazil) vs. Boca Juniors (Argentina)
Nacional (Paraguay) vs. Corinthians (Brazil)
Guadalajara (México) vs. Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina)

Thursday 12:

Flamengo (Brazil) vs. Lanús * (Argentina)
Olimpia (Paraguay) vs. Emelec (Ecuador)
Alianza Lima ** (Perú) vs. Libertad * (Paraguay)
Nacional de Montevideo ** (Uruguay) vs. Vasco da Gama * (Brazil)

Teams with "*" are already qualified for next round.
Teams with "**" are out of the next round.​

Wow, letdown from the Uruguayan teams.:OOOH:

Peñarol and Nacional both out already! Especially Peñarol! Last year in the final. Really shocking.

Hoping Boca can get the result, but it won't be easy.

78 minutes so far... Fluminense 0 - Boca Juniors 2

And there's room for 1 more ;)

Ahh I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch the whole match (started at 2am here). Watched the first half when it was 1-0 to Boca and went to sleep. But I thought Flu wasn't playing bad. I've read that Rafael Moura missed a penalty in the 2nd half...
Oh well, now we need to secure the 1st place in this group at least by securing a draw at Arsenal Sarandi's.

Yessssss, Boca won! :D

First goal was good work from Silva, allowing Cvitanich to finsh off nicely. :D

The second goal was great, I thought it went wide at first glance! Well done Sanchez Mino. :)

Thought the penalty was a bit harsh, but good save from Orión nontheless.

Also, Deco had a Pirlo-like pass to Fred, it was very nice.

Shame Boca probably can't keep Cvitanich, he'll most likely return to Ajax. :( Ajax are really stupid, they don't see his potential. He barely gets a chance to play, even though his stats are pretty good: 13 goals in 22 games, and most of those games he came on as a sub.

Very pleased that Corinthians got qualified for the knockout stage. Now it's time to improve the record in order to have home court advantage (Jesus, now I'm using basketball terms in every situation! :LOL:) during all over the tournament.

Flamengo with a confident win against Lanús. Knocked out nontheless.

Emelec go through after a crazy match, with two goals in Extra Time!

So hoping Univerdidad Católica can beat Bolívar, but it will be very hard.

Boca and Fluminense go through, now lets hope we can get the top position in the group. :)

Teams already through:
Lanus (Arg)
Emelec (Ecu)
Libertad (Par)
Vasco Da Gama (Bra)
Corinthians (Bra)
Cruz Azul (Mex)
Velez Sarsfield (Arg)
Atletico Nacional (Col)
Universidad De Chile (Chi)

Teams already out:
Juan Aurich (Per)
Flamengo (Bra)
Olimpia (Par)
Junior (Col)
Arsenal De Sarandi (Arg)
Zamora (Ven)
Nacional (Uru)
Alianza Lima (Per)
Táchira (Ven)
Chivas (Mex)
Godoy Cruz (Arg)
Penarol (Uru)

Fixtures next week:
18.04. 01:15 Dep. Quito - Guadalajara
18.04. 01:15 Velez Sarsfield - Defensor Sp.
18.04. 03:30 Bolivar - U. Catolica
18.04. 03:30 Junior - U. Espanola
19.04. 00:30 Arsenal Sarandi - Fluminense
19.04. 00:30 Boca Juniors - Zamora
19.04. 02:50 Corinthians - Dep. Tachira
19.04. 02:50 Cruz Azul - Nacional Asuncion
20.04. 00:45 Juan Aurich - Internacional
20.04. 00:45 Santos - The Strongest
20.04. 03:00 Penarol - Godoy Cruz
20.04. 03:00 U. De Chile - Atl. Nacional

The first stage of Libertadores finish. (Highlight for Flamengo eliminated)
Libertadores 8ST been defined.
liberta8f.png

Last edited:

Boca Juniors 1 - 0 Fluminense (in La Bombonera) and tonight Fluminense 1 - 1 Boca Juniors in Brazil, with a last minute goal, displaying pure heart along the whole match, even if the referee was calling everything in favor of Flu, with heart and guts we can push forward against all odds... GO BOCA! WITH THESE PLAYERS AND THIS COACH, WE CAN WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR!

I just lost my voice by screaming for Silva's goal. I really enjoyed it because I didn't like the attitude of Thiago Carleto and Flu's DT (the Brazilian Caruso Lombardi) :D

Go Boca!

I just lost my voice by screaming for Silva's goal.

Check in FB, everybody did the same, screaming like crazy with that goal, in all the face of the brazilians, as always, our sons... dedicated to those diving bitches, and also to the River fans. I wonder, what will they do with their "posters"? xD

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Silva is a beast! :D

First match: Vélez 1 - 0 Santos (in Argentina)
Second match: Santos 1 - 0 Vélez (in Brazil)
4 - 2 in penaltis, Santos wins.

It was so unfair :RANT: Vélez totally deserved to qualify to semifinals, Santos didn't do anything to win, but they found a lucky goal and were more clever in the penalty shootout.

Now just one Argentinian team is left. I hope we can raise the Cup at the end of the road :)

You Boca fans have some nerve to talk trash after having the ref in your pocket :LOL:

That 1st match at Bombonera was a shame for Comenbol, the typical treatment visiting teams get there. I don't know if the refs feel too much pressure, but at some point I thought he might well have given his whistle to Riquelme, it's the same result...

The most harsh sending off (Carlinhos) I have seen in a long time. C'mon, a handball in the middle of the field, and not an intentional one to begin with.

Plus the Argentine defender deflected a header with his hand inside the box and nothing was given - no penalty, no red card as the rule says.

In short, a freaking joke this Libertadores refereeing.

I was disappointed with most Boca players, Riquelme included, after that final whistle. Usually players exchange cordial words after the match, but they didn't talk to anyone and seemed quite arrogant actually. Those Bosteros de merda were acting as if they thumped us 3-0! haha.. Too arrogant for a team that grabbed a late lucky winner out of nothing and were benefited by the refs throughout both legs.

You were so lucky we didn't have Deco and Fred, and that Thiago Neves was carrying a knee injury.

Well good luck from now on, you're gonna need it badly!

You Boca fans have some nerve to talk trash after having the ref in your pocket :LOL:

That 1st match at Bombonera was a shame for Comenbol, the typical treatment visiting teams get there. I don't know if the refs feel too much pressure, but at some point I thought he might well have given his whistle to Riquelme, it's the same result...

The most harsh sending off (Carlinhos) I have seen in a long time. C'mon, a handball in the middle of the field, and not an intentional one to begin with.

Plus the Argentine defender deflected a header with his hand inside the box and nothing was given - no penalty, no red card as the rule says.

In short, a freaking joke this Libertadores refereeing.

I was disappointed with most Boca players, Riquelme included, after that final whistle. Usually players exchange cordial words after the match, but they didn't talk to anyone and seemed quite arrogant actually. Those Bosteros de merda were acting as if they thumped us 3-0! haha.. Too arrogant for a team that grabbed a late lucky winner out of nothing and were benefited by the refs throughout both legs.

You were so lucky we didn't have Deco and Fred, and that Thiago Neves was carrying a knee injury.

Well good luck from now on, you're gonna need it badly!

Well, that's how you see it, I feel otherwise.

Anyway, I didn't say "Brazucas come mierda", so I don't know why you say "Bosteros de merda", but it's okay, is normal to feel that way, even more if we consider that our paternity (Boca > Brazil) is historical.

Well, that's how you see it, I feel otherwise.

Anyway, I didn't say "Brazucas come mierda", so I don't know why you say "Bosteros de merda", but it's okay, is normal to feel that way, even more if we consider that our paternity (Boca > Brazil) is historical.

The fact that Boca Junior's nickname is "Bosteros" is kind of a ready-made joke for Brazilians (because in Brazilian Portuguese "bosta" and "merda" are synonyms). Don't take it too personal as a fan, as I was referring to the Boca players :D

This "par for the course" attitude most of you had after beating Flu over 2 legs is not very endearing. It stinks of arrogance and resting on your laurels from the past. Boca, as a club, has unquestionable historical grandeur in this competition (even though Independiente still has more titles?).
But let's face it, this Boca side is weaker than the one which was knocked out by a weaker Fluminense side in 2008 - when Boca had the likes of Palermo, Palacio and Datolo.
Your main striker "El Tanque" is not better than our reserve centre forward Rafael Moura, and that's saying a lot.

Will be interesting to see what happens from now on. You have good chances against U. de Chile - it's the easiest side of the semis. A great chance to reach the finals and that's why I feel especially aggrieved that Flu didn't qualify.

But in the final history and past don't matter and Boca players have to know they are underdogs against either Corinthians or Santos. I can't see Boca outplaying neither of them.

Actually, the nickname "Bosteros" has been used mostly by the River Plate fan, and we call them "Gallinas" in response. Our true nickname is "Xeneize".

Also, about our current playing style, I give you the reason, totally: we suck hard, but most of the starting 11 have something that's hard to find: guts and heart. And that can prove invaluable in cups like Libertadores.

The fact that Boca Junior's nickname is "Bosteros" is kind of a ready-made joke for Brazilians (because in Brazilian Portuguese "bosta" and "merda" are synonyms). Don't take it too personal as a fan, as I was referring to the Boca players :D

This "par for the course" attitude most of you had after beating Flu over 2 legs is not very endearing. It stinks of arrogance and resting on your laurels from the past. Boca, as a club, has unquestionable historical grandeur in this competition (even though Independiente still has more titles?).
But let's face it, this Boca side is weaker than the one which was knocked out by a weaker Fluminense side in 2008 - when Boca had the likes of Palermo, Palacio and Datolo.
Your main striker "El Tanque" is not better than our reserve centre forward Rafael Moura, and that's saying a lot.

Will be interesting to see what happens from now on. You have good chances against U. de Chile - it's the easiest side of the semis. A great chance to reach the finals and that's why I feel especially aggrieved that Flu didn't qualify.

But in the final history and past don't matter and Boca players have to know they are underdogs against either Corinthians or Santos. I can't see Boca outplaying neither of them.

U de Chile the easiest side?
we'll see

The U sold a lot of players, they ain't the team they used to be in The "Sudamericana"... but surely would be a tough match, the chilean players doesn't freak out like others, and we respect that, I remember the match against Unión Española, so I'm expecting a good and hard match.

U de Chile the easiest side?
we'll see

Easier than the other side. I didn't say it's easy :)

But if I had to choose, I don't want to face Neymar and Ganso. Those guys are a handful, and Santos and Corinthians both have very strong squads.

Also, about our current playing style, I give you the reason, totally: we suck hard, but most of the starting 11 have something that's hard to find: guts and heart. And that can prove invaluable in cups like Libertadores.

Totally agree, I've chosen Boca as my team because of it. I don't care about the skills of our players if they've got an ice heart... if we lose It'll be because we didn't play a good match or because the other team was better than us, but not because players gave up in the middle of the match.

About UDCH, I followed their path through the semifinals, and they're one of the best teams in terms of playing style. TBH I'm more afraid of Junior and Angelo than of Neymar and Ganso, specially when I saw how Peruzzi blocked Neymar in the Quarter finals.

And that's the same reason why we are Boca fans, because we identify ourselves with the team "style": Never give up, not even defeated.

U won the Sudamericana for something, they beated everyone in that cup and that gives them credit, they are no small team and they'll stand for the challenge.

Velez were unlucky.

The best thing one can take for the Argentine national team is that the performance of three fullbacks in the tournament.

19 year old Gino Peruzzi who had Neymar in his pocket, Sanchez Mino of Boca and the flying Matias Rodriguez of Universidad de Chile who was called up to the last seleccion match versus Ecuador.

Back
Top Bottom