Confederations Cup 2005

WHAT A WAY OF PLAYINGGGGGG!!!!!!!
GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL CAMBIASSOO!!!!!!!!!!
NUTMEGS AND FANTASYYYYYYY AND RIQUELMEEEEEEEEE AND EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Lol sorry

Very good game by german NT considering they played without Ballack.Huth and Mertesacker rule, i like both of them.

Goal n2 by Asamoah was very nice.

SuperConCon said:
sorry... Mexico is way better than USA...
Im brazilian, I live in the USA, but Mexico just got more skilled players... but US is getting better each year...
When US wins a tournament that has good teams in it, then you can talk..
Probably be certain, but isn't very encouraging considering the level of competence of the Concacaf is under of other confederations as Conmebol or Europe obviously. I consider United States is in the same level of Mexico now, but neither of them have a great competition as in other zones and it damages their level.

OPM said:
Very good game by german NT considering they played without Ballack.Huth and Mertesacker rule, i like both of them.

Goal n2 by Asamoah was very nice.

i think so too. great first half. cant wait to see GER in the final.

japn vs greece was good but i'm sorry wot is wrong with the greeks they have nuttin to lose, they shud just play man, and not defend alll the time. if not for wasteful finishing by tamada and yanagisawa and saves from george nikopolidis it mite have been a rugby score, greece had chances but they could not take them esp charisteas, on the other hand for me japan and tunisia are proving worth winners of their respective confed cups.
australia need to shore up defensively if they want to get to the world cup

We don't get many live games of this year's event in the UK, other than the Mexico-Brasil match I'm not sure there's been any so it's highlights I'm going on.

It's actually been a decent tourney so far, compared to the last one which was piss, but does anyone else think that Mexico's boss looks like Tosh from 'The Bill'?

What's with the german tv transmission? they didn't replay any argentinian nutmeg from Argentina vs Germany! OMG what a crime. Even one of our local newspapers and our TV commentators talked about this. You could even hear the whole stadium going "ooooooohh" with every nutmeg.

But yeah, right, the final comment will be "germany played a good 1st half" :roll:

Last edited:
Brazil 2, Japan 2 in Koln

Brazil deserved the qualification
Robinho + Kaka + Ronaldinho = Great Spectacle
Adriano -> OUT! No one stands him anymore... 5 straight bad matches argh
Juan better than Roque Jr... Leo and Cicinho very well too.

Japan played a great football too btw...
#10 Nakamura played very well... scoring a great curved long shot confusing keeper Marcos...
Zico is a very good coach and i'm sure they will make a good WC again.

Japan scored a goal earlier in the game, but the assistant said it was offside.
TV showed the play and it was not. Japan would be the winner with this goal.

Second half bad subs, Brazil had only Robinho with scoring chances, but only 1 or 2...
Japan had a great chance in 46', but Marcos made a good save.
Cicinho saved a ball over the line near the end... and, at 92', Marcos made a great save keeping the result favorable.

Germany x Brazil
Mexico x Argentina
I think this will be Saturday, and finals on Wednesday...

PS1: Great 2002 Final Rematch
PS2: Brazil needs to play better, and we know we can :)
PS3: Go Brazil! :)
PS4: My english is bad sorry.

Last edited:
scratch-br said:
Edited - Thanks OPM.
Btw... Hidetoshi Nakata made too much violent fouls.

Nakata made a couple of fouls, yeah.. but they didn't seem violent to me.

Hey, you know what? despite being argentinian (and living in Argentina), I always play with my friends using the brazilian shirt (I have 94's yellow and one of the many blue nike model), I also have shirts from Fluminense (a reebok model with number 7 on it) and Flamengo (with number 11 on it). The point is that I love the brazilian shirt and many people were it here too (of course don't expect a huge amount of brazilian fans).

I just wonder, are there any brazilians in your country using the argentinian national team shirt?

Hm... interesting question... National team... that's really rare, seen it only once. Boca and River are quite more popular, principally here (South Coast, not "so" far from Argentina). I have a Pepsi Boca one :)

But... Argentina popularity, principally between the youth is really getting bigger. I know many people here in Brazil who appreciated Argentina victory against Brazil this month.

That could be similar to our feeling when Bielsa was Argentina's coach. Altough the team was successful by that time and very well considered all over the world (we were THE team to beat before 2002 WC), we REALLY hated our team. Bielsa's system was the most repetitive and predictable tactic you can think of, players acting like robots. Sure, we had the ball all the time, but there were no ideas, just pre-programmed attackings, always (ALWAYS!!!!) ending in a wing attacker sending a cross, with only ONE man to score. And that's it.

When Argentina had a big match, I really wanted us to lose by an incredible number of goals (say.. like 17-0), making Bielsa step out of the team. Think of it as little sacrifices that have to be made. ;)

I have to admit I was happy when Argentina lost in 2002 WC. Then, during the olympic games and the Copa America, Bielsa finally understood (well, not completely) what we all wanted, and finally gave the team some freedom to create (just a little bit, no comparison to Pekerman).

Maybe some brazilians fans are angry with Parreira (I would be, if I was Brazilian) because of how the team plays. So they wanted Brazil to lose and Parreira to say goodbye. I don't know.. how the relation with Parreira and the people? sometimes, during the WC qualifying matches, I see the brazilian people disapproving the team performance. It used to happen with Bielsa as well. I even remember the crowd noisily refusing some players everytime they were in possesion of the ball.

Last edited:
Not many people want Parreira out, simply because he already told that the Confed would be a test for some players (Leo, Cicinho, RObinho and Juan principally), and the CBF already said that no matter our result in this Cup, Parreira will be our coach for WC2006.

Some people really wanted Brazil to lose, my mother i.e hehe. Maybe i didn't wanted so just because i think we need a rematch against Argentina. We played so bad the last match that we need show something different.

We have still some problems:
Defenders... the better one is Lucio and no-one likes him... we don't have 2 defenders that we can trust... Japan hit the post in a cross in the 1st half and they're not that tall... I think Parreira HAVE to call Alex for some matchs... Roque Jr only make penalties...
And now, Adriano, who can't play well anymore... maybe he's tired... but i'm pretty sure, that soon, instead of a pair Ronaldo-Adriano, we'll have Ronaldo-Robinho for attack.

I just think, that, soon, maybe after the world cup, we'll have a new trainer... I think i will not support Parreira anymore for long... Leão? Luxemburgo? Scolari? who knows... (Maybe not Scolari... many people insulted him and more because he made the Brazil lose against Honduras, he kept 3-5-2 until the WC02, and he did not called Romario in the Brazil 23 squad in 02... But, he won... and then everybody just shut up... heheh)

Parreira trouble is that he's not so Offensive... Things Like Kaka-Out/Renato-In in the start of the second period makes us think that he's not so good... Anyway, we have learned that he needs only 3 points in 4 Qualification matches... and then let's see what he can do in Germany.

btw, on german tv they said that it was marcos fault that the goal hit the net, stupid idiots.

it was awesome how he spotted marcos standing like a bit too much in front of the goal and then firing and awesome shot.great goal and the best so far at this tournament!

OPM, I've only seen the goal a couple of times, but my opinion is Marcos should have done a lot better. The shot wasn't in the corner, and wasn't far away from Marcos.

Great strike but I think criticism of Marcos is justified.

I will be watching the higlights to these matches on Eurosports today. Couldn't be bothered to stay up until 3am to watch it on C5 yesterday!

gergerger said:
What's with the german tv transmission? they didn't replay any argentinian nutmeg from Argentina vs Germany! OMG what a crime. Even one of our local newspapers and our TV commentators talked about this. You could even hear the whole stadium going "ooooooohh" with every nutmeg.

But yeah, right, the final comment will be "germany played a good 1st half" :roll:

What's your problem? Germany did play a good first half.
I noticed a lot of anti-germany in your posts here, still bitter about Italia '90? \\:o/

OPM said:
great goal and the best so far at this tournament!

wait a minute, i have seen at least 3 better goals so far, that being

adriano against greece, zinha against japan and juninho against greece.

the shot was straight into the middle and the goal came only due to a gk error by marcos. and btw, i can't stand him. he's an asshole and a shitload of goalkeeper. so in terms of satisfaction, this actually was the best goal of the tournament.

kel said:
What's your problem? Germany did play a good first half.
I noticed a lot of anti-germany in your posts here, still bitter about Italia '90? \\:o/

I don't have any problem with Germany. As a matter of fact I like a few players from the german squad team a lot, like Frings, Podolski, or "cheap fuck" Ballack (as someone called him.. funny you didn't say anything to that person, while I did). Even my name is "Germán", witch sounds a lot like "someone from Germany".

I'll tell you my impressions on the game. In the first half, Germany dominated argentina with their superior physical power and mentality, and also defending very well. In the second half, Argentina dominated Germany with their display of skill and technique, taking risks and playing the best football in the tournament so far.

But my negative comment was based on the sad TV transmission. Yesterday Brazil played and the TV replayed all the Brazilian stepovers. Stepovers are nice.. fun to watch.. but they are always the same. Nutmegs are far more attractive and show more personality.

I was on msn and all of my friends had the same comment to make: "what the fuck was going on with the TV transmission???"

To finish this, even one of Argentina's main sports newspapers gave the match this title: "The nutmeg festival".

--

My final commentary is: overall, a good 1st half from Germany.

Last edited:
julien said:
wait a minute, i have seen at least 3 better goals so far, that being

adriano against greece, zinha against japan and juninho against greece.

the shot was straight into the middle and the goal came only due to a gk error by marcos. and btw, i can't stand him. he's an asshole and a shitload of goalkeeper. so in terms of satisfaction, this actually was the best goal of the tournament.

ok, juninho was better.

but i didn't like the one by adriano, it was pure power ok, but a bit boring to look at in my eyes:p

i just liked the absolutely surprising moment of shunsukes shot... ;)

SuperConCon said:
sorry... Mexico is way better than USA...
Im brazilian, I live in the USA, but Mexico just got more skilled players... but US is getting better each year...
When US wins a tournament that has good teams in it, then you can talk..
who got knocked out of the most important tounrament there is?and by whom, USA 2 mexico 0, 2002 world cup, usa has beaten up on mexico in the last 15 matches, saying mexico is waaay better then the US is moronic

both mexico and usa are not good,

but imo, usa is better then mexico, since mexico wins very rarely on international matches ...

C'mon you only have that argument to say USA is better than Mexico? When USA has beat any good team even in France 98 was the last team of the competition, so please don't try to usa that

Back
Top Bottom