Confederations Cup 2005

regaed said:
C'mon you only have that argument to say USA is better than Mexico? When USA has beat any good team even in France 98 was the last team of the competition, so please don't try to usa that
Should be revised the last World Cup, in 2002.

finally greece gave a good account of themselves vs mexico and also shunsuke goal was lovely and so was his free kick(just like his we8le style d lol) nbrazil need to get goin now germany and argentina will show tuff defenses, also for me tunisa nd japan have impressed me so far they were a joy 2 watch !!!!!!!

gergerger said:
Tomorrow, Germany vs Brazil.
And Mexico vs. Argentina on sunday, I think the final will be between the giants of south america.

Roque Junior is shit. Im gunna keep saying this until hes gone.

Podolski has been pretty impressive overall with Germany. Ballack... I see him as the best German player still.

I disagree. We were the better side.
Only Ballack played well in the second half, Asamoah appeared well on the left.
Robinho and Baptista could have turn this into 5x2.

Huth was shit on the 3rd Brazilian goal, Adriano out muscled him,
Chelsea should sell him. =P

Argantina vs Brasil final, that should be classic.

ARGANTINA Is Gonna win. juan roman riquelme player of the tourny. =P

Come on, most time of the first and the full the second half we dominated the match til the unlucky, needless Adriana goal. And Lucio's behavious was a disgrace.

Brazil had less ball possession and more scoring chances.
With Lucio and Juan we can win Argentina.
Ballack had a chance in a cross that Lucio could not reach it, but he didn't shot.

A very nice victory by Brazil. They found the spaces in the 2nd half and could have scored another goal. Germany did well, played a good tournament and lost without excuses.

Seems like no one here is counting on Mexico to make it. Mexico has the best GK in the tournament, don't forget that. I considered him the best even before the cup started. Also, Mexico always plays very concentrated against Argentina and Brazil. We have to struggle a lot to defeat them. So this match isn't exactly "easy".

I would also consider Riquelme the best player in the cup so far. He's class, every movement he makes is so efficient and a delight to watch. He's been our key player, not to mention he hasn't focused in his magical goal assistances (if you follow the spanish league you'll know what I mean). Brazilian superstars (almost every player from midfield to attack) had their ups and downs, but they were there when the team needed them, so the also count here. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone of them is chosen the best player in the tournament.

I like the modifications Pekerman will make against Mexico. First, Samuel can't play. He's "our Roque Junior", only more solid, but he makes too many fouls when there's no need, and always gets booked. He must be getting at least 1 yellow card per game, and everytime because of fouls in midfield!.
With Samuel out, Milito is probably coming in. Amazing player, almost unnoticed in europe (he has what it takes to become one of the best). Tevez may also be a starter. He's not AS GOOD as some european people from different forums say. But he's worth keeping an eye on, just in case he has a good day.

Germany played better imo ..

I dont know why kaka is playing, he is no good on national team ....

Kaka is essential in the national team. He carries the ball from the midfield into the offense.
Every time he subs Kaka for Renato the team stops, 3 Defensive Midfielders kills the team. But Kaka need vacation, he can't play 90 minutes.
Ronaldinho is tired too, but he runs less and only when needed, avoiding fatigue.

Last edited:
Robert Huth dissappoints me in his need to push players to make up for his lack of speed.

I think that just shows the quality Brazil have in midfield and attack, Germany were slightly the better team they had more possession but Brazil even with poor defending managed to win. Germany definitely missed the width and pace of Schweinsteiger, Lucio was being a twat every time he fouls he boots the ball away but overall a good game to watch. Hopefully Argentina can beat Mexico and we should have a mouth-watering final
icon_biggrin.gif

What a player Riquelme is! Why the hell did Barcelona sell him?

The biggest enemies to the brasilian team are clearly fatigue and their poor defence.The only creditable player in that department is Lucio and Gilberto,the new kid.Roque Jr is an expired joke and Brasil was unlucky to lose Belletti prior the start of the cup..

MO_DINERO said:
What a player Riquelme is! Why the hell did Barcelona sell him?

They made a choice: it would be him or Ronaldinho. And they were champions. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Meanwhile, Riquelme, in Villareal, was chosen the best foreign player in La Liga. :lol:

The result: everyone is happy.

Massacre_1907 said:
both mexico and usa are not good,

but imo, usa is better then mexico, since mexico wins very rarely on international matches ...
huh? mexico rarley wins in international matches, what are you on about

Back
Top Bottom