Confederations Cup 2005

Jared Borgetti is the mexican hero this opportunity. A lackadaisical Brasil, few ideas an incapable to penetrate the epic mexican defensive, and it's contrasted after the bulky and commented victory againt Greece.

It wasn't lucky, Mexico was better the 90 minutes, Brazil look horrible and Mexico play his best match in a long time and I think has the chances to win the cup

Brazil play the entire game with 12 players if you count the referee.

regaed said:
Mexico play his best match in a long time and I think has the chances to win the cup
It's probably, although I consider the championship will has been obtained by Germany.

It didn't matter if mexico couldn't make 3 passes in a row during the entire match, they found a goal and defended it very well. The moment the ball went it, everyone knew Mexico was the winner.
Brasil, once again, lacks surprise. Every player wants to be the star, specially Adriano. They don't use intelligence to attack, just their hability.

OMG I cant believe Roque Junior is a Brazilian international he is a pile of poo.
IMO they should have Alex, like someone said.

Brazil played bad.
Ronaldinho and Kaka not playing bad, no offensive plays at all.
Roque Junior too bad can't believe this... he made about 4 or 5 penalties in the entire game....
Mexico did not deserved win, they played bad like Brazil.
Brazil needs Alex / Edmilson...

Adriano 4 starts, 1 beautiful goal, 4 poor matches... can't believe he's a starter. He lost a goal open wide yesterday.

But... we'll win Japan :)

Roque Junior was never a good player, i dont see how the Brazilian coach can see him as great. He flopped in the Serie A, flopping in Germany.....

Mexico played just as well as brazil, in fact it seemend to me they had more chances, there not even the best team in there region...

Those series of penalty kicks was comical. If the ref wanted to he could have whistled for a retake on the third and final attempt. Dida's foot was amrginally of the line when Borgetti struck it.

OPM said:
Figueroa is great :applause:

Tell that to Birmingham!

Roque Junior was never a good player, i dont see how the Brazilian coach can see him as great. He flopped in the Serie A, flopping in Germany.....

You forgot that he was absolutely atrocious for Leeds when they where in the EPL.

Brazil needed some proper wing play, they needed to mix it up a bit....

In the 3rd penalty, Dida made 1 step forward, what is acceptable.
The problem is that in the 3rd penalty Emerson entered the area again. O.o

As parreira says, the team will change for Japan match, and i expect at least Leo, Ricardo Oliveira and Juninho to start...

Figueroa is NOT great, he's just an average goal scorer. He played well for argentina and villareal because he's constantly assisted by Riquelme. Or when he was in Rosario Central, by Cesar "Chelito" Delgado. That's what this kind of players need, and the reason why he wasn't a great deal in Birmingham.

Yeah, Dida is famous for rushing forwards in penalties. In the CL final he almost tackled liverpool's penalty kickers.

Many national team coaches have a strange fascination for players who just can't play at this level. Like Roque Junior in Brasil, Ricardo in Portugal, Scaloni and Maxi Rodriguez in Argentina. And many more historical examples like Reizinger in Netherlands, Cavallero and Vivas in Argentina, Aldair and Junior Bahiano in Brasil...

csaunders said:
Mexico played just as well as brazil, in fact it seemend to me they had more chances, there not even the best team in there region...

In fact Mexico is the best team in the CONCACAF

Mexico did not deserved win, they played bad like Brazil.

Mexico play good the first half and excelent the second, Brazil is a grat team but that game was all of Mexico, they dind't create a good play in all the match, Mexico handle all the big star in fact at moments they look bad, for example when Salcido made Ronaldinho chase him about 30m and he even aproach to the ball.

ohhh tunisia for me after mexico and prob argentina are the most impressive team in the tourney so far, they took the game to germans, displayed attacking african footie(worthy champs), their movement is impressive, skills and technique eye catching look forward to seeing them in wc 2006, germany need a tough defensive mid and they need to build a stable defense in front of two creeking keepers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@gergerger --- reizeiger is a legend excellent full back and he could play!!!!

regaed said:
In fact Mexico is the best team in the CONCACAF

Mexico play good the first half and excelent the second, Brazil is a grat team but that game was all of Mexico, they dind't create a good play in all the match, Mexico handle all the big star in fact at moments they look bad, for example when Salcido made Ronaldinho chase him about 30m and he even aproach to the ball.
whay factd tell you this, that the us has only lost to them once in like 12 matches, that we knocked you out of the last world cup with a sound 2-0 defeat, that you havent beaten us at home in a long time, that we are only 1 point behind you in qualyfing, that we went something like 9 mathces against you without giving up a goal, cmom man, US owns mexico, look at the last 15 results...

csaunders said:
whay factd tell you this, that the us has only lost to them once in like 12 matches, that we knocked you out of the last world cup with a sound 2-0 defeat, that you havent beaten us at home in a long time, that we are only 1 point behind you in qualyfing, that we went something like 9 mathces against you without giving up a goal, cmom man, US owns mexico, look at the last 15 results...

Look I'm not traying to start and endless discussion here, OK the U.S. has been better the last 15 matches but you never gonna have the results that Mexico have, because you don't even can win the gold cup to arrive to the Confederations, so c'mon be honest.

Mexico is the "gigant" in the area and gonna be for a long time, and an advantage we are gonna send our second team to the gold cup.

You know technically even for Mexico's third penalty Dida was not fully on the line and there was a player in the box, but they didnt care anymore.

sorry... Mexico is way better than USA...
Im brazilian, I live in the USA, but Mexico just got more skilled players... but US is getting better each year...
When US wins a tournament that has good teams in it, then you can talk..

pleaseeeeeeeeee dont say Mexico played better? what are you smoking?
Adriano missed like 3 chances right in front of the goal, robinho missed another one... it was like 1on1 against the goalie... you guys were just lucky, that adriano was playing instead of Ronaldo, because Ronaldo would have scored at least twice in that match

I thought Brazil had more chances, and had all the posession. Mexico were good in counter attacking, and conceeded very little space after the goal.

like i said brazil dont mess up twice easily, next match we'll see

the coach said the team will come up with better formation

omg
Cambiasso+Sorin+Riquelme+Aimar+tevez

yeah we're losing but who cares

edited:
OMFG Santana is coming in!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom