Confederations Cup 2005

And ah...
Without Robinho yesterday, Santos FC lost to Atletico Paranaense for the quarterfinals of Copa Libertadores, being eliminated. It is very possible now that soon he lands in Real Madrid territory...

The FIFA Confederations Cup Germany 2005

confed14dq.jpg

Brazil
VS Greece

English Commentary from Channel 5 UK​

Lineups
BRAZIL

1. DIDA
3. LUCIO
4. ROQUE JUNIOR (C)
5. EMERSON
6. GILBERTO
7. ROBINHO
8. KAKA
9. ADRIANO
10. RONALDINHO
11. ZE ROBERTO
13. CICINHO

GREECE

1. NIKOPOLIDIS Antonios
2. SEITARIDIS Giourkas
5. KYRGIAKOS Sotirios
6. BASINAS Angelos
(C)7. ZAGORAKIS Theo
8. GIANNAKOPOULOS Stylianos
9. CHARISTEAS Angelos
15. VRYZAS Zisis
18. GOUMAS Ioannis
20. KARAGOUNIS Georgios
21. KATSOURANIS Konstantinos

1st Half - 272MB - Contains Pre-Match, including spoilers of other confed games
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

2nd Half coming 17/6 5PM BST

I just released htis foir anyine who wants it.

scratch-br said:
And ah...
Without Robinho yesterday, Santos FC lost to Atletico Paranaense for the quarterfinals of Copa Libertadores, being eliminated. It is very possible now that soon he lands in Real Madrid territory...

Don't forget Leo, he owns that left flank at Santos :) Also Sao Paulo, without Cicinho, lost yesterday to Tigres :P

Yes, but, Sao Paulo won 4-0 at home... they just needed to play regularly and not to lose 4-0... hehe...

And yes, Santos needed Leo too yesterday... but he's gonna stay in Santos until the end of the year...
Btw, Leo starts against Mexico :)

scratch-br said:
Adriano is in his third straight game not playing well... Paraguay, Argentina and now Greece... But he knows how to shoot very well.

Last confed cup Brazil team was a joke... this one is more serious. Greece came to lose of a small difference of goals, Mexico-Brazil can be a draw if Brazil play calm as today, and Brazil can easily win Japan...

The cup begins on the fourth match :)

Wel... who knows..
Unlike Greece, Mexico is not afraid of facing Brazil. And japan attackers may be too fast for brasil's defense.

Of course none of this is gonna happen and brazil will surely finish 1st in the group. :)

anyone tell me again becks is the best freekicker?

juninho owns!what an awesome player.

Brazil win against Greece
3 fantastic goals by ADRIANO JUNINHO and ROBINHO

runedge on ch5 ///// fine strike by the mexican number 7 as for brazil's juninho surely along with ceni and marcos assc. are freekick gods

RuneEdge said:
Where can you watch this in the UK?
Channel 5 show it, they show only a few live games, but they show every game in the tournie mostly delay at night time, like 3.00am.

To tell you the truth, I'm tired of those players that use stepovers all the time. When will this fashion end?

Milanista said:
Great game by Brazil. WHen will people stop calling Greece a world class team?
Who calls them that? :shock:

Coloccini - Valderamma wannabe (in terms of hair of course ;) )
Coloccini-Milan_005.jpg
_953693_valderrama300.jpg

Missed the Brazil goals so if anyone has any links to them (only the goals), it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Milanista said:
Great game by Brazil. WHen will people stop calling Greece a world class team?

Nobody said that Greece is called a "world class team", but Greece deserves to be in Confederations Cup 100% since it's the "European Champion"!!

I know you would like to see Italy there... but that's life...

NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE

gr.jpg

there is too much dependance on theo zagos someone like basinas or stellios shud help coordinate other areas like the forward line or just before the back 4 then zagorakis can help string passes in the mid rather than diagonal balls from sb to wings and greece shud also put up more than they did vs brazil, u know they are not invicible.

Ok, Greece are the European Champions, and the team i support is Brazil.

Greece is in terrible form, in every tournament since Euro 2004. I bet they wont even make the WC.

haha wait and see greece lose more :D

WHAT A STRIKE BY ADRIANO !!!! WHO SAYS HE SUCKS ..... WHO ?

actully he was well known..at least here in brazil...he have aways played very very well for Vasco and Sport...

and i agree with Scratch, Rogerio Ceni is definatly the best free kick taker nowdays..just look at his number..i am pretty sure juninho is a hell of a taker too ..but i dont think he has the % of goals pre fk as rogerio...

So, let's guess... which teams will make it to the next stage (and in wich order)?
my prediction:

Group A
Germany (by goal difference)
Argentina

Group B
Brazil
Greece

Only the first two teams qualify... this is how it works, right?

semifinals:
argentina vs brazil
germany vs greece

final:
argentina vs germany

cup winner:
brazil :P

Back
Top Bottom