Confederations Cup 2005

currently watching argentina vs tunisia on Ch5 in the UK

i must say its a very nice and entertaining game

riquelme is just damn good no question
also quite impressed with santana and argentine defense, saviola causing the the tunisian defense esp jaidi so much trouble

on the other hand tunisia play some nice neat silky football slim, chedili trabelsi and santos in particular!

lux the argie keeper is as eccentric as u would expect

cant wait to see the goals galore in the other game

i agree wit u pk9!! both tunisian pens were marginal but i enjoyed both games! 10 goals in 2 class matches!!!!!

Yes, he dived. Also, the penalty in favour of argentina was clearly not a penalty. Our player didn't simulate or anything, he just jumped for the header. I don't know what did the ref see.
I'm also surprised with Santana, he could be useful. Btw, why do you say Lux is "excentric.. as you would expect?". South american keepers are suppoused to be excentric?
And yes, argentina has a nice defense. Coloccini in particular is a very solid player, with a lot of heart, he's a lion. And he's particularly good and precise with the ball, just like Milito (they can dribble VERY very well if they are forced to).

I watched the last 10 minutes of Germany against Australia. Seems to have been a very exciting game, too bad I missed it. Argentina vs Australia is gonna be difficult, I think, but I'm really anxious to see Argentina vs Germany (and if we continue in the tournament, another Argentina vs Brasil).

Last edited:
Yes i watched the Argentina Tunasia game too.
I cant believe they missed that penalty.
That was a perfect chance to get a goal against the run of play.
Coloccini really impresed me with some very strong tackles.

Metallica said:
Arent there any live games on in the UK ?

Or is Channel 5 just showing the games late night

Im hoping Euro sport will do something after they have finished the womens football!

pk9 said:
currently watching argentina vs tunisia on Ch5 in the UK

i must say its a very nice and entertaining game

riquelme is just damn good no question
also quite impressed with santana and argentine defense, saviola causing the the tunisian defense esp jaidi so much trouble

on the other hand tunisia play some nice neat silky football slim, chedili trabelsi and santos in particular!

lux the argie keeper is as eccentric as u would expect

cant wait to see the goals galore in the other game

i liked our new signing mnari (n12), seems like he's got some skill.

Yes i get the womans football here too. It aint as bad as some think it is.

gergerger i mean that after he was given a starting place he might want to show some steel but then he goes and dribbles the striker and then amost gifts argentina a goal/// but he redeemed himself with that wonderful save from f. dos santos

germ vs aussie was also nice germany must be weary againt teams that use wing play

the outstanding players from that game for me were kuranyi, skoko, bastian and bernd, do u gusy think lehman shud get the next game?

1st half ended
Brazil is only winning because of Adriano's missile, they didn't do anything else appart from that goal. As usual.

3-0
Brazil won it easily playing a calm football, as usual. :)
Better than Germany against Australia and better than Argentina against Tunisia.

scratch-br said:
3-0
Brazil won it easily playing a calm football, as usual. :)
Better than Germany against Australia and better than Argentina against Tunisia.

:applause:
Yeah, that's Brazil, always playing a calm football. You're starting to look like Colombia, i mean.. man, SPEED UP!

Greece was TOO scared. Many players lost the ball against ROBINHO or other brazilian players who have less defensive capability than me. They surrendered easily. Also, the Greek man-to-man defensive system is not an argument to win a match against good teams like Brazil. You can do it right 30 times, but if you do it wrong just 1 time, you are dead.

Beware of the Ballack!

Again he is carrying a nation on his shoulders

So i guess i a going with brazil

No i think Germany Germany Germany \\:o/

Revan said:
Amazing, it came from nowhere! Nobody expected him to go for a goal in that situation!

Hehe, you should watch some more games with him if you didn't expect that one coming :) I mean the man shoots from every angle, 1/10 hits the target ;)

Of course I see him play, but everyone expected him to pass the ball to the middle! Oh well, that's what great players are made. Surprise!

Juninho's goal was his first goal for Brazil too. Who needs Ronaldo when you have strikers who are 20 times in better form and younger.

Robinho was brilliant 2day. itz the first time ive seen him in a full match and no1 had an answer 4 him and he ran past guys and passed perfectly. cant wait till he comes 2 europe!!!

Adriano is in his third straight game not playing well... Paraguay, Argentina and now Greece... But he knows how to shoot very well.

Last confed cup Brazil team was a joke... this one is more serious. Greece came to lose of a small difference of goals, Mexico-Brazil can be a draw if Brazil play calm as today, and Brazil can easily win Japan...

The cup begins on the fourth match :)

Back
Top Bottom