Chelsea FC thread (Champions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mastermind said:
Get serious please!!

Tell me whose underachieving? Maybe ManU compared to their revenue. But thats not the point. Chelsea have so much money they can by all the best players, so as you'd expect with having 15-20 top,top internationals its only logical that they should be in the position in the league that their in now, infact they should be playing much better football.

I wouldn't say that Chelski are a better football team than Arsenal or ManU but they are simply more consistant.

Arsenal also aren't underachieving, with lasts years points total we would have won the league most other seasons, its just that Chelsea had remarkable consistancy.

who is underachieving? Like you said Man Utd. They are not playing as good as they should with the quality players they have. and i'm not even talking only of the quality of the exibition, also results. Man yoo used to play awesome footie. even chelsea are not playing as good as they should but they get results. Don't you think liverpool with the team they have shouldn't they be playing better or getting better results. They are the current CL winners.

Abou the money issue, they are doing what any other team would do in their position. It's pointless discussing about it.

You even think that Man Utd and arsenal are better teams, so that means they are not buying Henry-Rooney kind of players, so looking things that way, it's not the money that is really making the difference. It's the attitude that exists at the club that mourinho brought.

Revan you say its not money that makes the difference but I disagree, cos if you ask the question...

"would chelsea be champions without Romans money"

I think most people would answer no...

So IMO it has made a big difference in chelseas case.

hold on... both Van and Rune.
I just started from Masterminds idea. that's why I said this
You(Mastermind) even think that Man Utd and arsenal are better teams, so that means they are not buying Henry-Rooney kind of players, so looking things that way, it's not the money that is really making the difference. It's the attitude that exists at the club that mourinho brought.
Any, any, and any team needs money one way another to win. you see, Mastermind said that Manutd and Arsenal have better teams, so that means, on theory, that one of them, and not chelski, should have won the league. did money buy consistency? did money bought motivation? (ok it does, but not the real winning motivation).

Even at Porto mourinho had to spend money on his first season to build the team.
He bought half a team at the time. Ferreira, Nuno Valente, Maniche(free), Derlei and some more.Players that he bought on the portuguese liga. He didn't need roman's millions to win the UEFA the CL, and a clear dominance on the portuguese liga for two years.

So to put it simple (a little), roman's money made the big change on the team, sure it did. It bought great players, and a great manager to deal with them. But none of those players when mourinho first got there, with the exception of Crespo, were considered world class, they became world class. Of course only a couple became world class (terry, lampard, makelele(he was b4, but never got the credit)), and some we see are on the way(Robben). But you try to minimize that fact talking about roman's money.
but... They don't have a world class striker like Nistelrooy or Henry or Rooney(that is probably the biggest talent england has now), and at the back (starting from the wings) they have a team of equal potential compared to Man and Arsenal, with the exception being Lampard. also Liverpool has a great team.

but money is not all. Man Utd fans don't think that fergie is not taking advantage of the great team he has? I don't think he is.

ohh... already said too much. I can understand your point of view, but you can't be always crying about it.

I hope I made my point clear.

Just read the newspaper headline at soccernet and there has some said chelsea's football is boring, but i just think the most boring match that i've watched is the CL match when Chelsea play with Liverpool, that really bored me out and the most boring side is LIVERPOOL.

You could not be more right revan.

As for all this 'boring' stuff going around....why, when a team is on top, the english media try to bring them down??

I can understand where ferguson was comin from when he used to say that no1 liked united and didn't want them to win.
Its the same with our national team. I don't understand where our press gets off putting world class players and teams down. I think that the press is a huge factor in england not being successful. They hype the team up so much, but are also the quickest to really put them down.

noise said:
As for all this 'boring' stuff going around....why, when a team is on top, the english media try to bring them down??

Because the English don't like it when people become successful. Hell, even Morrissey wrote a song about it.

On the Liverpool point, i have to add that i've never really enjoyed watching them play on the telly in recent years. Obviously i'm not a fan and that makes a difference.

noise said:
I can understand where ferguson was comin from when he used to say that no1 liked united and didn't want them to win.
Its the same with our national team. I don't understand where our press gets off putting world class players and teams down. I think that the press is a huge factor in england not being successful. They hype the team up so much, but are also the quickest to really put them down.

Thats not true. Arsenal to the best of my knowledge were never hated cuz they werent the boring type and didnt need a lot of money to win the league. In fact, Most people think its unfair that Arsenal have such a low transfer budget compared to even the smaller teams like Newcastle. Yet they still prove they are one of the best teams in the country.
And at the time when Man Utd was becoming a big team, we didnt spend much either. Our players came from our youth system and bought one or two players that were very cheap. Of course after that we started spending so much because we EARNED a lot of money from the success and marketing (not given from a billionaire).
Chelsea on the other hand didnt do anything to deserve the money and now they are such a big team. Thats why people hate them. Of course Arsenal and Man Utd fans are gonna be jealous cuz they worked a lot harder and didnt get what Chelsea recieved.

You say that you now know how Man Utd fans feel but this is different. The Man Utd haters developed over time from us constantly winning trophies. Chelsea haters on the other hand appeared as soon as Roman Abramovich arrived and are hated because we already know theres no stopping Chelsea with all that money. And this is before they've even won as much as Man Utd and Arsenal have.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Because the English don't like it when people become successful. Hell, even Morrissey wrote a song about it.

On the Liverpool point, i have to add that i've never really enjoyed watching them play on the telly in recent years. Obviously i'm not a fan and that makes a difference.

LFC have ALWAYS been that way...

RuneEdge said:
Thats not true. Arsenal to the best of my knowledge were never hated cuz they werent the boring type and didnt need a lot of money to win the league. In fact, Most people think its unfair that Arsenal have such a low transfer budget compared to even the smaller teams like Newcastle. Yet they still prove they are one of the best teams in the country.
And at the time when Man Utd was becoming a big team, we didnt spend much either. Our players came from our youth system and bought one or two players that were very cheap. Of course after that we started spending so much because we EARNED a lot of money from the success and marketing (not given from a billionaire).
Chelsea on the other hand didnt do anything to deserve the money and now they are such a big team. Thats why people hate them. Of course Arsenal and Man Utd fans are gonna be jealous cuz they worked a lot harder and didnt get what Chelsea recieved.

You say that you now know how Man Utd fans feel but this is different. The Man Utd haters developed over time from us constantly winning trophies. Chelsea haters on the other hand appeared as soon as Roman Abramovich arrived and are hated because we already know theres no stopping Chelsea with all that money. And this is before they've even won as much as Man Utd and Arsenal have.

Well said

No matter what anyone says Rune, you'll always be the one putting chelsea down.

I really don't understand your (quite frankly disturbing)hatred of chelsea and abramovich.
Did he f**k your dog in the bum or something? Cos i wouldnt like anybody if they did that to my dog, thats for sure.

The one at the top always gets put down, the "there to be shot at" attitude. Happened in the 80's with Liverpool, Utd in the 90's, Arsenal in the early part of the current decade and now Chelsea. You can always tell there's a sea change when the top teams shirt becomes more visible in your area. Living in N.Wales it's quite common to see Utd or Liverpool shirts, but until the start of last year, I'd have parted with a lot of money if you could have found me anyone in a Chelsea shirt. Now? Spreading like wildfire....:;......funny though, nobody seems to be wearing an Everton shirt at the mo:lmao: What I am trying to say I guess is that there are fairweather fans and rain or shine fans, and being at the top whether it be through having a great youth set-up or good transfers, or having bags of money, people will always be jealous and snipe at the head honcho. Good luck to Chelsea.....just not when you play Liverpool!:D

RuneEdge said:

This is typical Man Utd bullshit. Partly true but mostly inadequate.
It is true that the Beckham-Scholes- Neville-Butt generation are youth players that's true.
But when the premiership started teams like Man Utd and Arsenal were the teams who dictated the rules about the way television money was divided...The division of TV money made rich clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal richer. They made the gap between the (former) big two and the rest bigger and bigger.
To have a fair competition English teams either need a fair division of the money or 17 more Abramovich's..

Stan said:
This is typical Man Utd bullshit. Partly true but mostly inadequate.
It is true that the Beckham-Scholes- Neville-Butt generation are youth players that's true.
But when the premiership started teams like Man Utd and Arsenal were the teams who dictated the rules about the way television money was divided...The division of TV money made rich clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal richer. They made the gap between the (former) big two and the rest bigger and bigger.
To have a fair competition English teams either need a fair division of the money or 17 more Abramovich's..

your way off the mark there gerd mate, I think you've put what you want to believe as opposed to reality.

When the Prem was formed Leeds we're the Champions in the previous year, LFC before that, no one knew who was gonna be dominant, to suggest that sky gave teams more money than others is just silly, yes teams get more money depending on where they finish but I dont see that as unfair.

Then don't complain about Chelsea and Abramovich and about the fact that the Premiership is boring and predictable.
I already said it in another thread: the NBA is the example football (all over the world) should follow...

Oh and Vann the premiership "rules" (sorry i'm not a native speaker) were forced upon the FA by the big clubs like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and two others (i'm pretty sure Spurs and maybe Leeds).
Football would be much more interesting if clubs should have ups and downs..even for the United fans...i know what i'm talking about...the first silverware after all these years was magic (ECII against Barcelona???), the first title in years was magical and the second CL/ECI was fabulous...now it's becoming a drag...it's bad for football...
Just take your fan hat off and consider it as a neutral football fan...Imagine a title race between clubs like Wigan, WBA and Bolton...that would be great for football

What you're suggesting is completely stupid. Just cuz a team is doing so well for so long, its supposed to call it a day and give someone else a chance?

Well no. But is' nice from the neutral point of view.

As example, Boavista, portuguese team, won their first national title five years ago. Nobody complained and welcomed the change. Now today we have Sp. Braga doing damage among the big. Maybe a big slip from the big 3 migh earn them a title if they keep up. :)

Chelsea doing really well this season, you have to give it to them. I think chelsea should target going unbeaten this season and setting a new record with most points and wins again. Its a pitty it looks as though they wont get a challange from United, Liverpool or arsenal. In end it just looks like we not good enough to compete with chelsea.

SUPER SUPER FRANK LAMPARD!!!
I hope he can get a cracker against Lamerpool on Wednesday & on Sunday!

REVENGE will be sweeeeeeett!!

come on chelsea , come on chelsea ~

RuneEdge said:
What you're suggesting is completely stupid. Just cuz a team is doing so well for so long, its supposed to call it a day and give someone else a chance?

You just don't get it don't you...you would be over the moon if Man Utd would win all their matches with 6 or 7-0...you would be ecstatic if all clubs went bust and in the end there was ony one club in the whole world and that would be Man Utd...and after a few weeks of intense triumph and gloating you would eventually (i hope for you) see the obvious: that there are no other teams and that Man Utd does not make sense anymore...
Now of course (for you and only for you i guess) i'm exaggerating but in the end the lack of competition is also bad for Man Utd...i'm sure there has to be some sensible people who can see my point???
Oh and please do not call suggestions stupid if you don't even understand them...i'm trying very hard to stay polite and patient with you but it is getting hard...i'm sure i already was a United fan before you were even born.
I do have different opinions with Vann but we at least respect each other...it is fun discussing with him and after all it's only football...it's only Man Utd (Oops..)

Stan, i completely agree with your point. I even thought about that kind of idea, after looking at how different teams win the nfl, nba. It really does make leagues more exciting. That way, even if one season your team doesnt do too well, you can still hope for something the next season as u may get a superstar on the off season. By having a really strong top three and the rest just there to make up the numbers (sorry if i offend), it does kind of take away the fun and competitiveness of the game.

Don't get me wrong, i love that chelsea are really succesful at the moment. But i miss the days when we were sixth/seventh, and i was unsure if we would win, against any team, i used to get the major highs and lows of winning and losing, but now its kind of, 'how many are we going to win by today...'.

Of course i love that my team are the best in the country at the moment, but i wish we wernt so consistent!?!? (OMG i can't believe i just said that, if i had written this three years ago, this would be the one thing i would hope we were...CONSISTENT!)

This doesnt look like its gonna end. Maybe if the margin was closer, even if Chelsea won, people would have had hope. But everyone has given up now.
Cuz if its not Chelsea playing well, then its everyone else f*cking up. If you cant make the most of Chelsea's mistakes (which dont happen often either), then how is it possible to win anything?
To be fair, it isnt Chelsea's fault for the Premiership being boring. Its the other stupid managers trying to copy Chelsea's style of play and failing. Plus the english press who're just there to stir things.
We wouldnt have this problem if Chelsea were enjoying the same success but in another country.
We should really e pointing the finger at EVERY other team except Chelsea (and maybe Arsenal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom