Chelsea FC thread (Champions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what do you expect if you have unlimited resources?
If I was a Chelsea fan or Abramovich, I'd be pissed off if we won nothing with all the money spent.

ahem barcelona spent more than that during the gaspart era and didnt win jack

and moratti of inter...

Chelsea spent in 2 years what even the richest teams spend over 5-6 years. Dont even bother comparing cuz its not the same.

RuneEdge said:
If I was a Chelsea fan or Abramovich, I'd be pissed off if we won nothing with all the money spent.

Real Madrid spend alot of money aswell and they are shite, having 11 star players in your team is nothing if you don't know how to handle them, aka England and Real Madrid.

You lot are making out like Chelsea went around every top team buying their top players, they only spend alot of money because they have it, and by that I mean spending as much money as they did on Ferreira and Carvalho, no bloody way are those 2 worth all that money, 30 million for the pair was it?

What do you honestly want Chelsea to do, spend 100k buying players from the conference whilst having billions available?

No one is blaming them for what they're doing. If anyone else had the money then they would do the same.

The problems occur when they start to do the wrong and unethical thing like buying players just so other teams cant have them or buying star players that they dont need and then loaning them out knowing that team cant use that player against them.
And then theres the countless times when they rob players from under everyone's noses.

Which is why if someone like Arsenal won the title, as a Man Utd fan, I'd naturally hate it but atleast I'd have respect for them. And I'd happily give them a round of applause. But with Chelsea you cant really find a reason to like them.

6 games in, and you lot have once again bought the Premiership title.

Chelsea are ruining the beautiful game of football.

Professor Nutmeg said:
"Star players" like Jarosik and Smertin? :roll:
I'm talking about guys like Crespo, Forssell and Veron. Lets assume for a moment that Chelsea had beaten Liverpool in the CL semis, Crespo wouldnt have been able to play for Milan in a match of such importance. And we know how vital his goals for Milan were in the CL.
Jarosik and Smertin might not mean much to top teams but they can be important to the lower teams that they're being loaned to. Now when Chelsea play these lower teams, they are at an advantage and could be costly for some teams.

Luckily for everyone, something like that hasnt happened yet but it easily could.

RuneEdge said:
I'm talking about guys like Crespo, Forssell and Veron. Lets assume for a moment that Chelsea had beaten Liverpool in the CL semis, Crespo wouldnt have been able to play for Milan in a match of such importance. And we know how vital his goals for Milan were in the CL.
Jarosik and Smertin might not mean much to top teams but they can be important to the lower teams that they're being loaned to. Now when Chelsea play these lower teams, they are at an advantage and could be costly for some teams.

Luckily for everyone, something like that hasnt happened yet but it easily could.

Yeah, thats why its called a LOAN.

RuneEdge said:

that is bullshit...
You forget one thing Man Utd is for years (10 at least) the richest cup in the world...if i were Glazier or some other United big boss i'd be pissed of with only one CL in Europe...

And about Chelsea, the way they played yesterday against Charlton: irresistable...that counter with Essien and Crepo: fantastic...

Opponents should wory because Essien is beginnin to play very, very good aswell...Unfortunately for Charlton their best players could not play (Smertin) and he's a Chelsea player...

Poor Man Utd and Arsenal...has beens...

Oh and i'm not a Chelsea fan...

I though english football fans were known worldwide for their fair play, but from the replys I keep seing on this thread it isn't exactly true...
Buying the title? What is that? Arsenal bought Pires, bought Henry, they were Champions. Man U had a great number of players from their academies, but bought Cole, York, Giggs, Keane, and other more recently, and won several competitions. Did they bought the title? Arsenal and Man U would spend the same amount of money if they had the resources. Chelsea aren't even buying world stars like Madrid.I can't understand all this envy. You Chelsea fans should be proud and hold that championship title way high.

Whoever has the best team wins the games and finally the Championship. And right now Chelsea has the best team by far. And I cannot understand that thing about unlimited budget and transfers and buying good players. It's a free market, teams are in the stock market and every owner wants the best for his investment.

Stan said:
that is bullshit...
You forget one thing Man Utd is for years (10 at least) the richest cup in the world...if i were Glazier or some other United big boss i'd be pissed of with only one CL in Europe...
Who said we arent pissed off? :roll:

RicKs said:
I though english football fans were known worldwide for their fair play, but from the replys I keep seing on this thread it isn't exactly true...
Buying the title? What is that? Arsenal bought Pires, bought Henry, they were Champions. Man U had a great number of players from their academies, but bought Cole, York, Giggs, Keane, and other more recently, and won several competitions. Did they bought the title? Arsenal and Man U would spend the same amount of money if they had the resources. Chelsea aren't even buying world stars like Madrid.I can't understand all this envy. You Chelsea fans should be proud and hold that championship title way high.

Its not envy because i sure dont wish my team got some abramobitch dude and got spoon fed with great players and great coach to win the league, thats not earning your position as a club thats just coporate business!

Seriously, money doesn't make a good team as I have said, then Real Madrid would be alot better than they currently are. Now Man UTD ain't exactly got a shit team either yet they can't compete with Chelsea. Today they got outplayed and shoulda lost, they made about 2 chances. Now whether you spend 800 billion or 5 million on a team, Ruud, Rooney and Ronaldo should play alot better than they did today.

I don't even see the problem, you lot are acting like they go around the top teams buying their star players, they bought Robben who barely anyone knew, and look at him, amazing player.

"buying players just so other teams cant have them or buying star players that they dont need"

Like who? and like who again?

A star player imo is Henry or Nesta, not Smertin and Jarosik. Mourinho said he wanted 2 players for each position, doesn't he try and use them all when they are fit. Name one "star" player he bought that he doesn't use, ever, and also name the ones he loans out.

And Chelsea never exactly had shit players to begin with, well unless Terry, Duff, Crespo, Gallas, Bridge, Cole and lampard etc can be considered shite.

Does anyone know how much Mourinho spent at FC Porto in his last seaosn on transfers?

Last edited by a moderator:
bye bye arses & manure, too far in the distance lol! i guess they are have a "blip!" :lmao:

Essien & Makelele are simply conquering the midfield.
Aston Villa next on the hit list.

kingpug said:
Does anyone know how much Mourinho spent at FC Porto in his last seaosn on transfers?

Around 10M€ give or take. He bought McCarthy and 2 other players.

EDIT: He still bought another 2 in the middle of the season.

Last edited:
kingpug said:
Seriously, money doesn't make a good team as I have said, then Real Madrid would be alot better than they currently are. Now Man UTD ain't exactly got a shit team either yet they can't compete with Chelsea. Today they got outplayed and shoulda lost, they made about 2 chances. Now whether you spend 800 billion or 5 million on a team, Ruud, Rooney and Ronaldo should play alot better than they did today.

If you can buy the best players around at any price and have a Manager who can get the best out of them then money helps a great deal as well as other non-ecnomical factors of cousre.

kingpug said:
I don't even see the problem, you lot are acting like they go around the top teams buying their star players, they bought Robben who barely anyone knew, and look at him, amazing player.

They do. PSV is one of the top teams in Holland and Robben was probably their best player, and everyone i know knew who he was, which is why ManU wanted him but Chelski were able to pay more money.Also Drogba(Marseille best player), Cole(West ham's best player),Duff (Blackburn's best player), Crespo, Essien, Makelele, Carvalho and SWP. (Money helped)

kingpug said:
"buying players just so other teams cant have them or buying star players that they dont need"

Like who? and like who again?

Like SWP who is always on the bench and was coveted by Arsenal till Chelski payed £10M too much and Essien (who they did not need cause they had Smertin,Jarosik,Tiago,Geremi and J.Cole who could play there no problems)

kingpug said:
And Chelsea never exactly had shit players to begin with, well unless Terry, Duff, Crespo, Gallas, Bridge, Cole and lampard etc can be considered shite.

I think you'll find that they did. Pre Abromovich, Duff, Crespo, Bridge, Cole, Makelele etc were not around only players like Stanic, Petit,Gronkear etc were around. And we all know what was about to happen to Chelsea with that bunch. (Money helped)

Yes Mourinho is a superb Manager of players cause we've seen what he has done with little money, but if your saying that money did not play a significant part in making chelsea what they are today your wrong, very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom