Chatbox added

Just noticed there's a few smilies that have trouble displaying in the chatbox, such as \\:o/. No idea why, just pointing out to make more work for the people in high places. ;)

Watch the chatbox now, I will try to do that smiley, see what happens...

EDIT: It works for Tim but not for me?? :eh:

Tim's appears as \\:o/, mine appears as \:o/!

EDIT 2: Ah, figured it out. If you click the smiley icon next to the chatbox and select the smiley from the list, it gets entered as \:o/. So it needs fixing in the chatbox's smiley selection panel.

Last edited:
Watch the chatbox now, I will try to do that smiley, see what happens...

EDIT: It works for Tim but not for me?? :eh:

Tim's appears as \\:o/, mine appears as \:o/!

EDIT 2: Ah, figured it out. If you click the smiley icon next to the chatbox and select the smiley from the list, it gets entered as \:o/. So it needs fixing in the chatbox's smiley selection panel.
How about now?

Still the same, clicking the smiley in the smiley selection box puts \ : o / into the field when it needs to be \ \ : o /.

If I type it out I can get it to work, if I select it from the box it doesn't work (as Tim has confirmed), there's a \ missing from the start...

Okay, from this point forward any swearing or hint of swearing (eg F@~k) will be punished with a warning.

Thanks

I used to be able to access the Chatbox Fine at work. But I think due to the crappy MOD Network I can no longer.... It says Error on Page at the bottom of the screen and I cant write anything. I suppose its a relief to some people ;)

:lol: I used to be able to see the chatbox on the main page on my iPhone, but now it doesn't show up. I just have to touch the chatbox link though and it opens it up in a new page so it's fine :). Just a weird one.

Swear word list for the chatbox - this must not be said in the chatbox;

Fuck or Fucker or any words added onto these e.g mother etc etc
Bastard
Cunt, especially if used before the word 'Bag' you will be immediately banned!
Piss
Carol Vorderman
Mugabe
Tottenham 'Spurs' must be refered to as 'scum'
knickerbokerglory
Horny Rambler
Dick
John Fashanu or the word 'Awooga Awooga''
Estate Agent
Organic
George Bush or the song 'Push push in the bush don't step on my arse coz you might get sqoosh'
French Kiss
Peking Duck
Cucumber flavoured crisps
Shit
Bollucks

Please take heed and do not use theses words in the Chat box.

May I suggest the word 'Booyaa' instead of a profanity. It is a very diverse word - although many people think it is a positive as in 'Hello' or 'by Jove I have beaten you', it can also be used as a negative.

Just think before you write - 'kill the smoke not the fire'.

Peace,

Bobby.

Last edited:
Here is the first draft of the list of swear words that cannot be used in the Chatbox. If anyone wants to add any then please post in here and the list will be amended as the weeks go on

Arse
Bellend
Bitch
Bollocks
Cock
Cunt
Dickhead
Fuck - Including all variations
K/nob
Minge
Piss
Prick
Shit
Tosser/tosspot
Twat
Wank

Last edited by a moderator:
Arsehole, arseholed, blowjob cocklover, cocksucker, cocking, cunting, dick, knobber, knobhead, pisser, shag, shite, toss-off, tosspot, twatted, twatting, wanker, wanking?

My 80-year-old granddad (who is spinning in his grave after reading the above) used to say bugger so I'm assuming that's not a swear word, even though it's a sexual act.

More words added thanks to my helpful friends on MSN keen to swear at me

Back
Top Bottom