Chatbox added

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
You may have noticed the chatbox on the front page of the forums. You may not. Either way it's there on a trial basis for now to see how it gets used and if it's any good.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts on it.

We can moderate it so it will be fine

well JB can moderate it because he is on it all the time :)

1 bad thing is that i will be posing pissed up ramblings in there tonight and tomorrow night so be warned

It's the easiest thing in the world to moderate, everything has a big X at the start so if something dodgy is said, one click and it's gone.

I agree with Miguel, delete the whole site and just keep the chatbox. :thumbup:

I agree with JB. I mean, I agree with me.

This is the coolest thing ever.

Edit: Mart, is there a way to make the chatbox automatically update itself every time there's a new message or is clicking the Refresh button the only solution?

Last edited:
  • Staff
It can but that will increase the server usage, I'll put it on auto at some point to see how it changes.

It does need to not be used for lots of profanity though, it's in full view of the world and our advertisers don't like excessive profanity and our advertisers are responsible for our being here.

It can but that will increase the server usage, I'll put it on auto at some point to see how it changes.

It does need to not be used for lots of profanity though, it's in full view of the world and our advertisers don't like excessive profanity and our advertisers are responsible for our being here.

It does need to be not used? What kind of English is that ffs ;)

I wasn't looking for apologies, just posted in a "from now on" kinda way.

most people use the forum like chat so what is the point... i see the chatbox as random crap thread's chat version :mrgreen:

It's a big can of no at the moment. I've got no further than that.

Back
Top Bottom