Champions League Final - Who will you be supporting?

Champions League Final - Who will you be cheering on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We all know why the Union Jack flies at Ibrox, and we know it ain't anything to do with being a British club, don't be so silly to say otherwise.

Foxy, I wouldn't say the Saltire is evident at Ibrox either. Celtic do have a lot of Scotland flags but are in a green and white colour. But I can guarantee you there was a Saltire at the Man Utd game, how many I'm not sure.

FD

Where's the sectarianism in this argument carson? Neither I nor FD have said anything about religion.

Countless fans wearing England shirts? Don't think so. :lol:

FD, the saltire is evident at Ibrox every week. It's on our new kit. It was on our last kit. When I take it to Ibrox, I don't get booed or have pressure on me to take it down.

To paraphrase: We all know why the Irish Tricolour flies at Celtic Park, and we know it ain't anything to do with being an Irish club, not these days, don't be so silly to say otherwise.

foxtrot said:
Where's the sectarianism in this argument carson? Neither I nor FD have said anything about religion.

Countless fans wearing England shirts? Don't think so. :lol:

FD, the saltire is evident at Ibrox every week. It's on our new kit. It was on our last kit. When I take it to Ibrox, I don't get booed or have pressure on me to take it down.

To paraphrase: We all know why the Irish Tricolour flies at Celtic Park, and we know it ain't anything to do with being an Irish club, not these days, don't be so silly to say otherwise.

I mentioned just to ensure we swayed well away from it :)

Yes it's true. I live in Edinburgh, but when I go down to see Ayr play the town is full of people wearing England shirts and Ranger's scarves. It's the same when I'm in Glegae. Any team can put a saltire on the kit, but that is the board's descision and doesn't really represent the fans.

I'm pretty sure that Shellic wave the tickler because of the Irish links, but equally there is a minority who are fuds and wave it because of the politcal connitations that go with it.

Ooops.

DSC00084.jpg

FD

Bit late, but I always support English teams in the Champions League, to answer the thread-starter's original question. To me it's like the World Cup, they're representing their country as well as their borough.

There's no European team I'd favour to beat an English team, I've never been one of these people who supports e.g. Chester City and Real Madrid, or someone who is born and bred in England but would love to see the national team crash and burn (my brother-in-law supports Tranmere, as I do, and has had everything given to him on a plate by his country, but HATES England and "supports" Romania). I'd even support the teams that I usually hate, i.e. Man Utd and Bolton.

Although saying that, maybe I'm in the wrong, seeing as I support Tranmere but have kept a keen eye on Chelsea's scores since Mourinho became their manager, being his biggest fan... :|

The only instance where I wouldn't support an English team in Europe is if the team was full of cheats or something. And I've got to say, for Henry to whinge like the best of 'em, when their goal only arrived via the most blatant dive I have seen all season, is a bit... Sick.

Anyway, in short: I only support English teams in European competitions.

Last edited:
fd19... whatever ur name is why you acting like a pr**k Celtic can never reach the champLeague final mate. Don't tell me you won decades ago right?

Stay in your loser league, when was da last time you got past the knockout rounds? M*g.

Calm down mastermind....... fd was only having a laugh as for celtic getting to the cl final never say never mate, dont throw your toys out of the pram :roll:

Mastermind said:
Don't tell me you won decades ago right?

Celtic won decades ago...with the best Brittish team ever...

and what about Arsenal????? They won yesterday...oops...no they didn't...

PS: sorry for all other Arsenal fans but this fucking twat deserved it...

the european supercup will be played between two spanish teams; once again, many may say that spanish football rules. too bad that the two english teams (boro & arsenal) didn`t win any european cups, but hopefully next year one english team will triumph.

drakez said:
the european supercup will be played between two spanish teams; once again, many may say that spanish football rules. too bad that the two english teams (boro & arsenal) didn`t win any european cups, but hopefully next year one english team will triumph.

Spanish league is only let down by diving. Enjoy watching it more than premiership tho.

I thought Henry and Ronaldinho did not play particularly well, and with all the pre-match build-up based around them it was a disappointment.

The main thing I don't like about Arsenal is that they are always looking for excuses when they lose.

Last edited:
judas12.jpg

so then..what goes beep beep beep beep beep......????

...Arsenal's open top bus reversing back into the garage.

"A special hotline has been setup for Arsenal fans grieving after their recent defeat. The number to call is 0898 101010.

That number once again, 0 8 9 8, won-nothing, won-nothing, won-nothing."

Could you please explain to me (and without explicit language) why a person living in London and supporting Man Utd is a loser.

To help you:

* what is the definition of a loser
* is a person who lives in Paris and who supports Man Utd also a loser???
* is a person who lives in London and who supports Soutahmpton or Valur Reykjavik also a loser?
* is a person who lives in Manchester and who supports Arsenal also a loser ??
* is a person who lives in London and supports Tottenham a loser???
* is a person who lives in Outer Mongolia and who supports the migthy Spurs a looser

I'm very anxious for your fascinating answer....

Thanks in advance.

I agree with u stan just because u dont live in the city of the team u support would make u a loser just stupid .... i just think mastermind is just being silly fair enough his team got beat but ur always going to get ppl taking the p*** and having a laugh at ur teams expense .... but no excuse for calling fellow members losers ... i suggest he grows up a bit:roll:

Mastermind said:
U guys are losers you live in london and support Man U.

LMAO, stupidest shit i heard in ages :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom