Champions League Final - Who will you be supporting?

Champions League Final - Who will you be cheering on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mastermind said:
U guys are losers you live in london and support Man U.

That's the truest casual mentality! ;)

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM CLUB YOU ASSHOLES! :ram:

That's different, I'm from Lisbon, and there's 4 big clubs in Lisbon (Benfica, Sporting, Belenenses and Atlético)! I support Benfica and I like Belenenses.

@ClassicD: I've spanish roots from catalunya and andalucia, my family support Benfica (some support Sporting and Belenenses) but in "our spanish heart" there's only one place, and it's for Barça!

Spitfire, judged by what you said earlier on that is bullshit.
Belgium is been occupied by Austria, Spain, France, Italians...and top of that i'm from a village close to Waterloo...so it is quite possible that i have spanish, Italian, Austrian, French and English roots...
So my teams are: Brussels, Rapid Wien, Barcelona, AC Milan, Arsenal...

I don't see why one would have to support his local team....and is Benfica really your local team??? Is the Estadio da Luz the football pitch closest to your home???? Isn't there a tiny litle club closer???? Because otherwise you don't support your local team....

An obligation to suppor local teams is bullshit. You support the team you like, period.

Last edited:
It's not bullshit, I'm not judgeing Stan! ;)
You are free to choose your club, but my idea is support the team who represents my city, not just because if it's the best club team of the world or if plays in 3rd division.
And yes I live very close of Estádio da Luz, and I support Benfica because it represents my city, even if it was in 3rd division I would support it at the same time!
Look at OPM, I "love" this guy, he's from Nuremberg, and he supports his local club team that it's 1.FC Nürnberg it's not so big like Bayern Munchen, Dortmund, Leverkussen or Hamburger he supports the club from his city! It's not only OPM, it's ThomasGOAL too and many others.
About your favourite international clubs, you're 100% free for choose them, I've many too like you... but who cares? :roll: Do it has you like! ;)

'nuff said

I can't stand it when people support two or three clubs - really gets on my tits.

Milanista said:
ThomasGOAL supports Marseille! The 2nd/3rd most supported team in France... is he even from there??

Yeah and so? There's more any big clubs in Marseille?

Milanista said:
ThomasGOAL supports Marseille! The 2nd/3rd most supported team in France...
It's the French club with most fans! So #1 supported!

Although in past couple years the race is getting much tighter with Lyon's recent success and their somewhat mediocre campains with PSG almost every year. So things have been changing but as far as I'm aware, OM is still #1 with most amount of fans!

hm, i don`t know am i interupting the topic, or does this has the right to be asked in this one, but:

was there an offside at the Barcelona`s first goal (like Wenger said at the press conference) and if there was, is there any video clip that proves it?

SPiTFiRE said:
It's not bullshit, I'm not judgeing Stan! ;)
You are free to choose your club, but my idea is support the team who represents my city, not just because if it's the best club team of the world or if plays in 3rd division.
And yes I live very close of Estádio da Luz, and I support Benfica because it represents my city, even if it was in 3rd division I would support it at the same time!
Look at OPM, I "love" this guy, he's from Nuremberg, and he supports his local club team that it's 1.FC Nürnberg it's not so big like Bayern Munchen, Dortmund, Leverkussen or Hamburger he supports the club from his city! It's not only OPM, it's ThomasGOAL too and many others.
About your favourite international clubs, you're 100% free for choose them, I've many too like you... but who cares? :roll: Do it has you like! ;)

'nuff said

what is the point of this post ? you just came to same conclusion to the person you are responding too.

nedostizni said:
hm, i don`t know am i interupting the topic, or does this has the right to be asked in this one, but:

was there an offside at the Barcelona`s first goal (like Wenger said at the press conference) and if there was, is there any video clip that proves it?

I'm pretty sure it was onside.

His toe might of been offside it was so close and fast nonone could really tell but it was more onside than offside. it wasnt a genuine call from arsene Wenger he just cant handle losing he has to make up some shit excuse or moan.

drekkard said:
Man, I didn't see unsporting gestures by barcelona players.

Waving imaginary cards around in front of the ref is disgusting in my opinion. When Lehmann brought down Eto'o you could clearly see Edmilson and Ronaldinho do it.

Barca won fair and square but this sort of behaviour symbolises everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

Clockender said:
Waving imaginary cards around in front of the ref is disgusting in my opinion. When Lehmann brought down Eto'o you could clearly see Edmilson and Ronaldinho do it.

Barca won fair and square but this sort of behaviour symbolises everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

I agree, the ref should be left to make the decision, although guess the players where peeved that he chalked off the goal, but nonetheless they'd still have done it.

However, don't just blame barca, if you leave your video recorder on a little longer and take your Wenger glasses off, you'll soon see Arsenal players do the same thing, obviously trying to influence the ref into getting the cards out.

But I agree with your, I hate it.

FD

First of all, Eto'o was offside. There was an argument about this on a Dutch program with Henk ten Cate as a guest. Even he admitted it.

More important though, why is everybody so upset with Mastermind? You have to keep in mind the kid's probably 15 or 16, judging by his posts. When you're that age a lot of kids act like that. I see no problem at all. Let him release his anger. It's tough growing up these days. Same goes for Spitfire. I remember him getting very angry at me at one point. It comes with age. Wisdom that is. Don't blame the kids, they're the future.

fd1972uk said:
I agree, the ref should be left to make the decision, although guess the players where peeved that he chalked off the goal, but nonetheless they'd still have done it.

However, don't just blame barca, if you leave your video recorder on a little longer and take your Wenger glasses off, you'll soon see Arsenal players do the same thing, obviously trying to influence the ref into getting the cards out.

But I agree with your, I hate it.

FD

Ok, I was at the game and I haven't watched it again yet so I will have a look. If we did it too then my opinion is the same, its wrong and not in the spirit of the game. I thought the ref's were supposed to book anyone waving imaginary cards at them?? Anyway that ref would have probably booked the wrong player!!

Barca won fair and square and well done to them. Shame the final was ruined though by a picky ref who was desperate to send someone off. I concur with the general view. A yellow card and a goal to Barca. Funny thing is I still think the outcome would have been a Barca win. To have any chance we had to score first. I was proud of the boys for keeping them at bay until the 76th minute. :applause:

joostebrood said:
More important though, why is everybody so upset with Mastermind? You have to keep in mind the kid's probably 15 or 16, judging by his posts. When you're that age a lot of kids act like that. I see no problem at all. Let him release his anger. It's tough growing up these days. Same goes for Spitfire. I remember him getting very angry at me at one point. It comes with age. Wisdom that is. Don't blame the kids, they're the future.

What's your problem mate?

I just wanted to say that the kids will certainly don't like your post Joost, you made the same mistake as i did, never ever make kids aware of their immaturity (if this is an English word)...

Spitfire: i like your avatar (which isn't a very mature thing to do, but you guys will see when finally wisdom begins to come one of the first things you realize is that there's no reason to act mature...it just make no sense...once you come to that insight you feel liberated and then you have the time to do the really important thing: enjoy life)

Otherwise i totally agree with Joosts post...it seems i'm not old enough to have permanent wisdom...sometimes it's a litle bit elusive...really great avatar spitfire...that's the second Portuse girl on this site that really gets me hooked...i remember a girl with Benfica underwear posted by Professor Nutmeg too...i will follow Portugal closely at the World Cup...

By the way did you guys notice how much beautiful women travel with the Argentinian national team...even better than Portugal...one of the reasons why i prefer Argentina over these boring Brazilians...Brazil should be banned from football pitches and World Cups...they are the most boring team in the world since 1982....

Last edited:
gerd said:
I just wanted to say that the kids will certainly don't like your post Joost, you made the same mistake as i did, never ever make kids aware of their immaturity (if this is an English word)...

I'm not sure if you could call it a mistake gerd... I know what I saw saying.

thanks for all the answers.

About this (the video of the actions at the game between Arsenal - Barca):

Milanista said:

thanks for the link mate. But is there any diffrent angle that can be of greater help resolving the mistery about Barca`s first off/on side goal?

joostebrood can you give me the link to the page related to that article on the net (about Dutch program with Henk ten Cate as a guest)? In that show have there been any slow motion clips or diffrent angles that proves the offside?

Sorry, I have no link for you. But it was a much better camera angle. I can guarantee you it was offside.

Back
Top Bottom