Champions League Final - Who will you be supporting?

Champions League Final - Who will you be cheering on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not that it matters,but some said Henry would`ve left if Arsenal won....it`s all in the past.I don`t think Barca are going to be strong this year,they keep talking about 3 yrs and starting at zero nowsound like BS.They seem highly upset w/ Henry`s snub too.

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Yes. On Sky Sports (UK), they showed a camera view from above the pitch looking down, and the balls trajectory is changed by Larsson's instep/pass.

Oooooh, 'Trajectory', big words there. :mrgreen: ;)

Bebo - You don't think Barca will be strong next year? :shock: Based on what analysis? They just won the CL without 2 of the best players in the world in their team (Messi and Xavi).

FD

fd1972uk said:
Oooooh, 'Trajectory', big words there. :mrgreen: ;)

Bebo - You don't think Barca will be strong next year? :shock: Based on what analysis? They just won the CL without 2 of the best players in the world in their team (Messi and Xavi).

FD

Titi didn`t go to them...and there game plan has change.From Henry to now Forlan OK! they won CL great for them.To be fair lets call there wins fate....onside offside doesn`t matter.They won and had a great run,I will never forget that victory they had so honestly I`m not over it yet.The only reason I show up in this forum is Henry sign for life w/ Arsenal.And going on his emotions made it that much better...there you joostebrood

Last edited:
joostebrood said:
You really should stop posting for a while kid, the way you construct a story makes me sick.
Your right!I lack proof reading and writing I`ll work on it,Thanks for being kind(One eye on boss and the other on keypad)

Wenger's 'official' view on the Final:

I don't see how much more we could have done at the Champions League Final. I just think my players were absolutely magnificent, they were heroes but unfortunately they were not rewarded.

We will work with them to transform their frustration to come back. This team deserves a lot of credit, we lost one game in Europe all season when it was 10 versus 11 in the Final. I believe they deserve a massive credit.

I had no complaint about Jens Lehmann's red card. To me it looked a sending off card because it was a foul outside the box and it is very difficult to contest.

Jens came out and he was diving and it was in front of the line of the penalty box in an area when a goalkeeper doesn't know where he is 100 per cent. He was just a fraction outside but I don't think there is a lot of blame for him.

I would not have contested it if the ref had waited and given the goal when Giuly put the ball in the net, but if you look at the referee he was very early with his decision. I saw him whistling straight away when Lehmann made the foul.

The red card came a bit early for us because there were over 70 minutes to go and in a game like that, playing 10 versus 11 against a team which keeps the ball well is difficult.

We took the lead through Sol Campbell and I felt that his performance was very reassuring. I saw in the last two games that he was sharper and I am very happy for him because I know that when he has to deliver in a big game he can do it.

You could see how happy he was with his goal and I knew there was a goal in this game for him because Barcelona were weak in the air in defence.

We played well and I'm convinced we had two or three good chances to score the second goal. When you don't you know the last 20 minutes would be difficult.

My biggest regret is that Barcelona's equaliser was offside. When you are playing 10 versus 11 and you concede an offside goal it is difficult to accept.

Barcelona were not especially creative but they could play on our fatigue factor. I never thought we had won, I am not naive to think that at 1-0 up with 15 minutes left and 10 men. I saw that we dropped physically and I know one lapse of concentration would be costly, but I did not imagine we would take an offside goal.

I saw that at 2-1 down we could not win the ball back. Barcelona did not commit any more. I thought a break or a set piece could get us back to 2-2 but we did not have the force or strength to do it.

Anyway, I congratulate Barcelona and want to give special congratulations to my players for their superb season and the magnificent match they played in Paris.

The players were very down afterwards but it's part of the game. I know it's a common sentence but I knew the loser would not deserve to lose that game because both teams have played magnificent football in Europe and came into this Final unbeaten.

Thanks for your support

SPiTFiRE said:
Look at OPM, I "love" this guy, he's from...

I "love" this. Good thing you put the quotes in otherwise people might think you're a GAY. The shame.

Your gramatic must be awful! Do you think I'm really gay? OMG :lmao:

Go to the bed... it's too late kid.

SPiTFiRE said:
Your gramatic must be awful! Do you think I'm really gay? OMG :lmao:

Irony in this thread.

Reread my post and this time try to decipher it properly. Good luck.

I think some of you guys are on drugs or something cuz some of the shit iv read in this thread has just been crazy. Just read from the top of this page and you'll see what i mean. So much stuff people are writing are all over the place and not really anything to do with the Champions League match.

That shows how bored we are at work,I`m guilty of posting without looking.I even ordered food before on my posting.Closed Thread

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Yes. On Sky Sports (UK), they showed a camera view from above the pitch looking down, and the balls trajectory is changed by Larsson's instep/pass.

is there any way i could take a look at that video. Is there anywhere on the net?

i know that this may sound borring and in some way irelavant after all this months that have passed from the game that was played in the Champions League Final between Arsenal and Barselona. But please understand me:
I saw that there was an offside at the Eto`s (first barcelona`s goal) goal, and i want to show one day my kid a video, and to during the play to say:

"You see my soon, this was the famous unbeatable Barcelona, the team that won the Arsenal by an offside"!

So, my question is, where can i find a better camera look then there is this one (Tele): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQpFUCh6yeQ&mode=related&search=eto'o arsenal ?

Some folks over here told me that there was a nice Tower or Bird`s eye cam at the some Dutch program with Henk ten Cate as a guest (the program was on, after the game i think), and also i heard that there was a nice tower camera at some Sky Sports (UK) emision. So can anybody tell me where to find this video on regarding to this data, or any others?

Thank you once again in advance.

Gunnner `til die!

nedostizni said:
"You see my soon, this was the famous unbeatable Barcelona, the team that won the Arsenal by an offside"!Gunnner `til die!

Come on man what a pathetic way of summary the match. I think your son has to know that they WERE the famous unbeatable Barcelona. In the whole CL they were so great and yes indeed it was offside but that can happen........they were playing a good match though.........Arsenal was playing crap the whole season. Only aginst Real you were good. Against Villareal I almost fell asleep cause of you guys man what a horrible team. At least show some respect to Barcelona the team that plays beautiful total-football

77065-resized200.jpg

FD

hm, Amsterdammer:

the history has teach us many times, that the one that is better, does not mean he will win (in this case, i admit, the barca showed better play and performance in the previous season), but i think that`s not the point here: The point is that my club lost from a better club, but unregulary. Yes it happens (refferee mistake), but i just want to make some satisfaction to me, by having that replay goal.

As, far as i can see in wich direction can this topic go, so for that consern: If you can help me (by finding the replay i am looking for), please do. Otherwise please, don`t asnwer here no more if you want to disscuss further about how pointless my request is.

Thank you in advance.

Man, please, get lost. You're as pathetic as Henry yelling against the referee at the end of the match. You are either blind or the worst fanatic I've ever seen. Watch the whole match again, kid, and write down the referee mistakes, and you'll see how in the first half barcelona was robbed a legal goal and arsenal was conceded an illegal one (because eboue, who already had a yellow, did that spectacular dive that resulted in an unexistant free kick). Then, look for offsides where you want.

Ah! And next time we play, we put xavi and messi in the team, we let deco recover better from injury and put zamrotta and thuram in defense, and let's see what your team manages to do, as you seem to say barcelona is now a less powerful team. What can induce you to remotely think barcelona won't be the team to beat this year?

Last edited:
nedostizni said:
hm, Amsterdammer:

the history has teach us many times, that the one that is better, does not mean he will win (in this case, i admit, the barca showed better play and performance in the previous season), but i think that`s not the point here: The point is that my club lost from a better club, but unregulary. Yes it happens (refferee mistake), but i just want to make some satisfaction to me, by having that replay goal.

As, far as i can see in wich direction can this topic go, so for that consern: If you can help me (by finding the replay i am looking for), please do. Otherwise please, don`t asnwer here no more if you want to disscuss further about how pointless my request is.

Thank you in advance.

Thats going too far. I can equally say Milan were robbed by Barca by cancelling Sheva's goal or Liverpool robbed Milan by cancelling a perfectly good goal or Gerrard diving etc etc.

It happens, and it will be part of football... its been happening since forever.

drekkard said:
barcelona was robbed a legal goal and arsenal was conceded an illegal one (because eboue, who already had a yellow, did that spectacular dive that resulted in an unexistant free kick).

I can`t say this is a fact, because this haven`t happend, but it would be better for the Arsenal if the Barca`a goal was granted and the Lehman got a yellow card, instead of the red card and a free kick.

...let's see what your team manages to do, as you seem to say barcelona is now a less powerful team. What can induce you to remotely think barcelona won't be the team to beat this year?

i haven`t said that. Please check out my replies from the above.

Thats going too far. I can equally say Milan were robbed by Barca by cancelling Sheva's goal or Liverpool robbed Milan by cancelling a perfectly good goal or Gerrard diving etc etc.

It happens, and it will be part of football... its been happening since forever.

Hm, we will see about that when the Blater went off his function (yhe man said that there will be no camera consulting in the football at least at his time)But generaly, i agree with you, and i am not gonna take any charges on Barca, so don`t worry.

For all further replies:

Thank you in advance.

We simply need video replays but since that fat pigeon Blatter is there, I dont think we will get it in a long time. The French and Italian FA have already requested it many times, but FIFA keep rejecting it.

Milanista said:
We simply need video replays but since that fat pigeon Blatter is there, I dont think we will get it in a long time. The French and Italian FA have already requested it many times, but FIFA keep rejecting it.

well they do have headsets so i think if the ref is unsure he can ask the 4th official who reviews replay maybe ?

arsenal barcelona are overrated and act like there the best when its the only european cup they won in ages when liverpool won more european trophies than them and i belive real madrid can do better than them with the right players

Back
Top Bottom