Champions League 2010-11

I'm absolute shocked. We could make 3-1 and 4-1, we had a few counterattacks, espacially the one from Gomez in this 3 vs 1 situation.
We play careless, we loss the ball with clearances, we stand to deep in the last 20 minutes.
I had the dream, that Louis van Gaal wins the CL with us, this dream is ended.
It was a really horrible evening for every Bayern supporter, but congrats to Inter.
They don't deserved it, but they played icecold, 3 chances, 3 goals. So, they are a top team.

A bit like how Bayern themselves were very lucky to get past Fiorentina and Man Utd last year.

Scaudenfreude is fantastic.

Drekkard, my friend, only a Barcelona fan can say that Eto'o lacks skills...seeing Messi, Iniesta and Xavi playing every week gives you a special perspective.
To me (mere mortal) Eto'o is a skillfull player (look at what he did just before his assist for Pandev's goal...that was great). But i agree that he has not the skills some Barcelona players have...i still think Barcelona was a better player with him...he needed less chances to score...

I consider Eto'o on top there with Messi,Xavi,and Iniesta. He is all you can wish for in a striker and his mentality is awesome. Barcelona selling him was the stupidest choice ever, considering they wanted to sell him a season earlier but he proved his worth in the final season and Barcelona still wanted to sell him. Then there is the amount of money they spent(around 110 mill) on his replacements who happen to be his age and not better.

I can understand selling Dinho, but the eagerness of Guardiola and Barcelona to get rid of Eto'o was just surprising. He doesn't seem like a trouble maker to me. Something must have been going on.

Last edited:
Fact is Zeem that he had a rather difficult character. I heard that he didn't get along with Guardiola...don't know if that's true...

A bit like how Bayern themselves were very lucky to get past Fiorentina and Man Utd last year.

Scaudenfreude is fantastic.

It's SCHADENFREUDE.

And Man Utd are lucky to get past almost everything the last years...this is the thing about great teams, they seem to be lucky.

As somebody who sees Man Utd regularly, that this is a sign of a good team.
Inter scored the winner in the last minute, that's just what Man Utd does all the time...is that being lucky?

Fact is Zeem that he had a rather difficult character. I heard that he didn't get along with Guardiola...don't know if that's true...

Yeah they had somethings going on. If I remember correctly, as soon as Guardiola took charge of Barcelona, he asked for a few names to leave the club and Eto'o was one them. Actually, in that year, Barcelona offered Eto'o to Valencia to get Villa but Eto'o didn't want to leave to Valencia. Maybe that offended Eto'o after all he has done for Barca that they desperatly wanted to sell him.

I remember after having a great last season, Eto'o said he did all this for the club and city he loved. This shows that there was something on with Guardiola.

It's SCHADENFREUDE.

And Man Utd are lucky to get past almost everything the last years...this is the thing about great teams, they seem to be lucky.

As somebody who sees Man Utd regularly, that this is a sign of a good team.
Inter scored the winner in the last minute, that's just what Man Utd does all the time...is that being lucky?
I just find it funny that they've been treated to a dose of their own medicine. Fiorentina, especially, were robbed last season.

Where did I say anything about them being a bad team? Typical gerd jumping to conclusions that aren't there.

Name me one big team that haven't had big decisions go their way in Cup matches?

Oh and Abou, where did i say that you said Inter were a bad club? Aren't you jumping to conclusions that aren't there? Or were you merely just a litle bit pissed because i pointed out that you used a high brow word incorrect ? :COOL:

I just couldn't resist, i'm sorry. I would not like to offend you because i quite like you...you are a nice guy (for a Man Utd fan :PIRATE:)

food for thought...

Barca vs RMadrid

Spurs vs Manutd

Chelsea vs schalke

Inter vs Shakhtar Don.

I would like...

Barca vs Shakhtar

Inter vs CHelsea

Manutd vs RM

Spurs vs Schalke

Name me one big team that haven't had big decisions go their way in Cup matches?

Oh and Abou, where did i say that you said Inter were a bad club? Aren't you jumping to conclusions that aren't there? Or were you merely just a litle bit pissed because i pointed out that you used a high brow word incorrect ? :COOL:

I just couldn't resist, i'm sorry. I would not like to offend you because i quite like you...you are a nice guy (for a Man Utd fan :PIRATE:)
:LOL: Fair enough. I love you too, gerd. :P

Draw this friday should be interesting.

Some old rivalries to start up again and chance for revenge as well perhaps with Chelsea vs. Inter for example.

Drekkard, my friend, only a Barcelona fan can say that Eto'o lacks skills...seeing Messi, Iniesta and Xavi playing every week gives you a special perspective.
To me (mere mortal) Eto'o is a skillfull player (look at what he did just before his assist for Pandev's goal...that was great). But i agree that he has not the skills some Barcelona players have...i still think Barcelona was a better player with him...he needed less chances to score...

Oh, really you're right I did write it in a harsh way. Of course he's skilled, I've watched him play so many years... I was refering that skill is no his strong point. I mean, there are lof more skillful forward than Etoo, but his determination makes him better even if he wouldn't be in my top 50 skillful players.

He's a good dribbler, a great runner and he has a superb off-the ball movement (something I tend to value as much as being skillful with the ball).

But, and this is a very strange thing to explain... he's one of the worse players I've seen when he has time to think! He's pure instinc and when things happen quickly, he's probably the best animal out there.

Throw the most odd circumstances and his instant reaction kills you. But the moment he starts to THINK what to do, he turns an average player. In his Barcelona era, at least, he was famous for scoring incredible goals and lots of them, only to miss every 1vs1 with the keeper. There was a statistic one time showing he wasted more 1vs1 than any other player in the league, but at the same time he was the best striker when he just shot an oncoming ball in the area.

I would prefer to have him in our team, definitely. Only he clashed with Guardiola. But our attack was better with him by a mile, and he has won 2 consecutive trebles. Top that!

1115: Inter Milan v Schalke 04
1114: Barcelona v Shakhtar Donetsk
1114: CHELSEA v MAN UTD
1113: Real Madrid v TOTTENHAM

great draw.

If Spurs can play well in that tie against Real Madrid then that match will be brilliant (or they'll get smashed)

Barcelona-Shakhtar will be great to watch...by far my favourite match.

Spurs-Real Madrid: the team i like most against the team that i have the least sympathy for...even if with Özil, Di Maria and Xavi Alonso, Real Madrid have some players that i like...
That match could be a great midfield battle: Modric-Sandro-Bale-Lennon against Xavi Alonso -Özil - Ronaldo - Di Maria -Khedira...

Last edited:
Barcelona-Shakhtar will be great to watch...by far my favourite match.

Spurs-Real Madrid: the team i like most against the team that i have the least sympathy for...even if with Özil, Di Maria and Xavi Alonso, Real Madrid have some players that i like...
That match could be a great midfield battle: Modric-Sandro-Bale-Lennon against Xavi Alonso -Özil - Ronaldo - Di Maria -Khedira...

0h derd! :SHOCK:

Definitely Spurs-Madrid was the tie I didn't want. These are the teams I like the most in CL. Unfortunately, Spurs, you have to go home... :(

Talking about semifinals now is a great disrespect for both Tottenham and Shakhtar. It could be them playing semifinals easily. If they have achieved this round it's because they're great teams that can beat anyone as they showed up to now.

Personally, I don't see any favorite in any of the fixtures. Everyone has something that makes them dangerous. And all the teams that are "suposedly better" will play the 2nd match away, so a lot of nail bitters there...

Talking about semifinals now is a great disrespect for both Tottenham and Shakhtar. It could be them playing semifinals easily. If they have achieved this round it's because they're great teams that can beat anyone as they showed up to now.

Personally, I don't see any favorite in any of the fixtures. Everyone has something that makes them dangerous. And all the teams that are "suposedly better" will play the 2nd match away, so a lot of nail bitters there...

porque eres politicamente correcto, pero sabes muy bien, que barça y madrid no deberian tener problemas...

Hey hombre habla inglés para que todos entendamos.

Yes, you have a point. Madrid and Barça should pass this one like Inter is expected to beat Schalke as well. But despite of being favourites, Madrid and Barça should respect their opponents otherwise they will have a bad surprise. When you wrote your last post you're assuming an hypothetically Madrid-Barça was a done deal.

Hey hombre habla inglés para que todos entendamos.

Yes, you have a point. Madrid and Barça should pass this one like Inter is expected to beat Schalke as well. But despite of being favourites, Madrid and Barça should respect their opponents otherwise they will have a bad surprise. When you wrote your last post you're assuming an hypothetically Madrid-Barça was a done deal.

hehe sorry i don't know say in english :P

of course, madrid barça is only hypothetically, for me..

i think too, that tothenham is a very team and they can win madrid...

but i think that barça win shaktar yes or yes...

Semi final is also different for them you shall know that.
If they are here, it is because they deserve it as much as barça or real do.
This is champions league mate, this is the chance for the four clubs to save their seasons, just as it was for Roma or AC Milan (not saving season though, but again be great on european scene).
And remember mate that this is not because Barça plays the best football that they will win.
Maybe they'll do, we'll see, but quarter finals are an elimination match, the aim is not to play good football, it is winning.
And 5-0 victory in UCL is the same as 1-0 victory. Being favorites, you should not forget that.

Semi final is also different for them you shall know that.
If they are here, it is because they deserve it as much as barça or real do.
This is champions league mate, this is the chance for the four clubs to save their seasons, just as it was for Roma or AC Milan (not saving season though, but again be great on european scene).
And remember mate that this is not because Barça plays the best football that they will win.
Maybe they'll do, we'll see, but quarter finals are an elimination match, the aim is not to play good football, it is winning.
And 5-0 victory in UCL is the same as 1-0 victory. Being favorites, you should not forget that.

what ??? :SHOCK:

Looking forward to Barca-Shakhtar game.
Shakhtar have good chances to play equal with barcelona.Match in Ukraine will be key for them,also must play hard in Spain,but it`s expected that they will have more chances in Camp Nou than Arsenal :P

Napred Sahtjor!

Yes, surprise (maybe for Barça fans ?!?)
Being qualified with a 1-0 victory ends in the same thing as being with a 5-0 : you are qualified

champions league are 2 match

in house
barça 5-0 shacktar

away..¿shacktar 6-0 barça?:FAIL:

1-0 it's no same 5-0....

shacktar can win 1-0 2-0 to barça...but 6-0?

Back
Top Bottom