Celtic Thread

Guti14 said:
TBH I think O'Neill will be off come the end of the season, which does sadden me but he has NO money to spend on his squad to get further in europe and the scottish league just isn't a challenge. Im thinking Tottenham will be his destination, Pleat the manager till the end of the season, sounds a bit fishy that.
Guti

I think if Liverpool keep up their shit form then Houlier will be out the door and O'neil will be their top target!

Not that it bothers me though ! :p

The funniest thing I saw over the festive period from the Daily Ranger was the 'Brown turns down Spurs for Gers' and then 2 hours later he signs for Spurs. They really are clutching at straws, trying to sell off every Celtic player every other day and giving us 'Big Duncy for Gers' forgetting he's on about 50k a week. :mrgreen:

Was Sutton's penalty as cheeky as it looked from where we where?

Will have my digi-cam with me for the OF game. :D

FD

Look forward to some pics of what should be a great day FD :mrgreen:.

What was really hilarious about the Ranger's headline was that it was 'Brown snubs Spurs for Gers' :D. The guy is 27 or something, and couldn't make it at Man City, and that's the type of player who would rather play for a club with no long-term manager and who sit in the relegation zone. btw how many strikers do that mob want?!!:shock:

Hey all - never really popped in here before but i thought id check it out. Can you get sonme good pics for us then fd at the game? Ive never been to an OF game so i duno what the atmosphere's like there or anything (altho i can imagine its electric). So some good pics plz!

What do you guys make of the rumour of Hartson too the Boro?

Boro - I'll give Hartson another season or two, then his career will go downhill then, not at the moment though. :mrgreen:

Brown's a midfielder CD? :eh:

FD

More of a forward than a midfielder I thought.

Celtic are meant to have offered £300,000 + first choice on taking a Celtic player on loan for Pearson, though the list of players available for loan wasn't mentioned. I'd imagine it'd be the likes of Smith, Sylla, Beattie, Wallace, etc.

I think Pearson could be a fine addition to our squad. Just what we seem to be lacking just now a bit of running in midfield seeing as Stan can't be bothered and young Liam is a bit out of form.
What about Bobby Petta going to Fulham on loan for the rest of the season!?! That friendly performance must have impressed

Another tim on the boards, always nice to see :).

First I've heard of Petta going, it seems to be rumours just now. Not seen enough of Pearson really, he seems to be fast and strong but sometimes he looks like another Jamie Smith in that he is just a runner, he doesn't have any real class, but we'll see.

Stan always puts in a shift, although I think he should be getting forward more. Had a good game on Saturday though.

foxtrot_yankee said:
ClassicD said:
Another tim on the boards, always nice to see :).

It's getting lonely on this side. :l

Im a big gers fan m8!
Had season ticket up to last season(Copeland). Had to give it up due to going to college and being a skint student! I was gutted. My mate has bought this seasons of me and its still in my name so i will still have the option next year to take it back :D

Bobby Petta has went to Fulham on loan for 6 months. I always thought he could do a job, but it seems off the field stuff has buggered him, hope he does well.

Mjallby out for 6 weeks, he's had a 'tidy-up' operation on his knee. He's not played in the past couple of games anyway, hasn't done too much harm ;).

Tord Grip also had some good things to say about Thompson and Sutton, but we'll see just how he really feels when the team is announced.

Graeme Souness has admitted interest in Chris Sutton but also says he can't afford him.

Ex-Celt Morten Weighorst has won the Danish Player Of The Year Award, good stuff.

Oh, and finally...

"BRING ON CAPUCHO!"

Tord Grip also had some good things to say about Thompson and Sutton, but we'll see just how he really feels when the team is announced.

Yeah the man deserves at least a chance actually there was talk that Thompson was gonna be in the squad for Denmark but couldnt be picked coz he was injured.Boro are supposed to making enquieries about chris Sutton as well

I know about the reported interest in Sutton, but the fee being banded about is £1.5m, which is ludicrous considering Celtic paid £6m for him. They have revived his career, he's played in a European final and has 2 CL campaigns under his belt, and is on the verge of an England comeback.

I wouldn't want him to go whatever the price, but £1.5m is a joke.

I'll have those pics from the game in the next couple of days, was quite good fun.

'Bring on Capucho' was quite good. :mrgreen:

The Daily Ranger try and do their bit to annoy Celtic fans, however I would be very surprised and disappointed in Henke if he went to Newcastle. According to his video (which I haven't watched yet fully) he mentions that he would like to try out Spain, and the indication everyone seemed to get was that he fancied a better climate and a bit more stress free, but Newcastle can't deliver that? :eh: You could only say that there are 4 worthwhile teams really that he could join (if they wanted him that is) Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool.

FD

Just been told by someone that Henke is joining Newcastle at the end of the season (says it's confirmed). :eh:

Why?

FD

fd1972uk said:
Just been told by someone that Henke is joining Newcastle at the end of the season (says it's confirmed). :eh:

Why?

Why not??

Where was you expecting him to go, Madrid or something.

I would say Newcastles about right for him. It'd be too much of a jump to go anywhere else.

No doubt hes quality but only hes really proven in Scotland so would any of the really big clubs in spain have taken him.maybe Newcastle was the best offer available to him

And he's proven himself in Europe and at International level. I'd love him at Chelsea.

I'm sensing a bit of a snotty attitude from some sassenachs!

T Butcher fan said:
And he's proven himself in Europe and at International level. I'd love him at Chelsea.

I'm sensing a bit of a snotty attitude from some sassenachs!

yeah FD had hinted that a move to United maybe on the cards cos Fergie rates him.

You two are making out like Newcastle arent a big club, they'll be pushing for the same sort of status in europe as celtic and he'd get well paid, if he went spain he'd take time to settle, it wont be that much of a different being in Newcastle, the fans will love him, what better way to spend the last couple of years or your career.

Whats a sassenach??

Newcastle are a big club, no doubt.

However FD it's not the Record (tho they did report it this morning), it was on the net last night and Bobby Robson has said he's interested. Whoever told you it's a done deal is talking pish.

In the video/DVD Larsson said his preferred destination is Spain, and that he wants to play somewhere warm - he actually said this. This is why it would be a surprise if he went to Tyneside.

GoonerMagik said:
No doubt hes quality but only hes really proven in Scotland so would any of the really big clubs in spain have taken him.maybe Newcastle was the best offer available to him
He's scored at 2 World Cups and a European Championships, he's proven it in Europe in the CL and in the UEFA Cup :eh:.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
You two are making out like Newcastle arent a big club,

It's hardly football Shangri-La though, is it? 50 games a year in arctic temperatures, being kicked about by assorted defensive clodhoppers. Nothing to do but shop or drink when you step out of your door.

Then compare it to Madrid, Barcelona or Seville. I know where I'd rather go!

And think of all theose lovley spanish woman walking around the place

T Butcher fan said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
You two are making out like Newcastle arent a big club,

It's hardly football Shangri-La though, is it? 50 games a year in arctic temperatures, being kicked about by assorted defensive clodhoppers. Nothing to do but shop or drink when you step out of your door.

Then compare it to Madrid, Barcelona or Seville. I know where I'd rather go!

Oh no doubt, but if no spanish clubs have come in for him I dont think he's gonna take the risk of not knowing where he's going in the summer on the off chance that someone might come in for him.

Shit, look at Rivaldo, surely he could've gone anywhere, but for all the paper talk obviously the big clubs we'rent too keen regardless of his World Cup, CL or european record.

Like Classic said its not a done deal anyway.....

He's only been able to legally talk to people for the past 6 days, there's nearly 6 months left before he has to decide - there'll be more than Newcastle wanting him, trust me.

I never said he would end up at Madrid Vann, he's said himself he wants to play somewhere warm for a decent-to-good side, he knows he's not going to Milan or Real Madrid, and no one is suggesting that's what will happen :roll:.

He's also said if no offers he likes come in he will go back and play for his old club in Sweden.

ClassicD said:
He's only been able to legally talk to people for the past 6 days, there's nearly 6 months left before he has to decide - there'll be more than Newcastle wanting him, trust me.

I never said he would end up at Madrid Vann, he's said himself he wants to play somewhere warm for a decent-to-good side, he knows he's not going to Milan or Real Madrid, and no one is suggesting that's what will happen :roll:.

He's also said if no offers he likes come in he will go back and play for his old club in Sweden.

I was pulling ya leg.

If a players going on a bosman they usually sign the pre-agreement in Jan dont they??

Back
Top Bottom