Celtic Thread

Going on Vann's logic, Rangers aren't really in debt, it's only David Murray.

Thank goodness for that. I think I'll phone the papers and let them know of the good news. Christmas has come early this year.

[/sarcasm]

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
but being that we've done something you can only dream of, winning The Champs League, i'd keep quiet you old piss head...

Spot the difference!!

European%20Cup.jpg

lg_yorke_all.jpg

:roll:

FD

I fell asleep after Sutton hit the bar and woke up to see the winner. MON didn't look impressed afterwards eh? As I said I fell asleep, but from what I saw we didn't play very well, Miller seems to be going through a sticky patch (no, not that kind Zico). Larsson missed 2 free headers as well.

Does anyone else think the boy who scored is Barry Ferguson's twin?

I don't know but that guy Scott Brown or something is seriously pissing me off, he run's about like a madman from start to finish.

FD

I watched the replay late last night. You lot got kicked about the park and never enjoyed it one bit. Rattled. The rest of the SPL should take a note of Hibs' performance last night.

Yeah Celtic where bullied in my opinion with a bunch of wee boys. The missing dig in midfield from Lennon was abundantly clear during the match. Larsson has been mince the last few games and I think his mind has been on where he is going at the end of the season. Although I'm sure the great man will have one big going away present for all us fans.

FD

Reports and rumours in both english and irish press that young Miller is holding out on signing a new contract at Celtic and that Fergie is keen on bringing him in and its been said in Ireland that Miller is very keen on joining Sheasey at United.

Well I know that Celtic supporters have been raving about the young lads performances this season ive not seen enough of him to comment but he's thought of very highly up there and Ireland so i'll get a better idea when we go over this week.

Actually he's recently went off the boil, but he's only young and a good prospect. If he goes, he goes, but hopefully he'll stay, although I won't bust out crying if he goes, put it that way.

FD

Its easy to forget how young some of these players are, we've got a few that have gone off the boil.

I looked at a few highlights of the kid last nite, he's got potential, think it'd probley do him better to get another season or two at Celtic before he moves.

Hey All, Read in the paper today that Celtic are going for Steve Harper in the January transfer window with Magnus Hedman going the opposite direction to St James Park. Seems quite likely as Harper has been very good when called upon for the Toon, but really is bench material at Newcastle. I think he would jump at the chance of being Celtic's No.1 , I just dont wish Hedman upon Newcastle!

As for Miller, he has recently went off the boil I agree, he also seems to have too much an air of cockyness and arrogance now that he didn't have when he broke into the team.He gives away needless fouls for stupid acts of petulance which he simply didnt have or show a few months back. As FD says, I wont be crying if he goes, But Man Utd would be a wrong choice, he would never play.

For us Celtic fans - the only worry right now is Henrik! , We are gona be screwed without him. Hartson and Sutton are too alike to have a successfull partnership in my opinion.

We also need a creative midfielder as we have never replaced the little marvel Lubo! , Hmmmm Jay Jay would be so welcome....I wish!

**Thompson for England**

Guti

Steve Harper - Newcastle No.2

He is quite consistent and has many good attributes that he has shown when called upon, But really I don't think hes much better than what we have got.

Douglas and Hedman are so unreliable!!!!!!

Bobby Robson is apparently an 'admirer' of Hedman, feck knows why. Harper isn't exactly a renowned solid keeper, but I suppose Broto wasn't either, dunno. A straight swap would suit me, Harper would be on less wages anyway.

As for Miller I think it's that arrogance that has allowed him to cut it. The likes of Smith, Maloney, etc have bottled it which I don't think Miller will do. He had a fantastic game against Anderlecht and people expected the same every week, which is unfair, they don't expect top CL level performances from experienced pros in the SPL so why Miller? He's been blown out of all proportion after that game, a fall was inevitable, but he had a solid game yesterday. I would like to see him stay, as tbh I would question his mentality if he chose to go and play in Utd's reserves for the next few years...

lol @ ClassicD obviously got the same paper as me. And admirer of Hedman for his performances as the Coventry keeper against Newcastle.hehe

As Classic Says a straight swap would suit me!

BTW I love your avatar, Is that huddle in the huns back yard? lol

How did we get on yesterday, CD? :mrgreen: ;)

I agree he did actually come onto a good game against Well. Between him and Burke (Genius.....as was quoted. :mrgreen: ) both sides of the old firm should be able to take on the world, with the exception of Hibs and Dunfermline. :mrgreen:

FD

p.s. Old Bobby R is just a randy old fart, wanting to batter into Hedman's wife.

ClassicD said:
As for Miller I think it's that arrogance that has allowed him to cut it. The likes of Smith, Maloney, etc have bottled it which I don't think Miller will do. He had a fantastic game against Anderlecht and people expected the same every week, which is unfair, they don't expect top CL level performances from experienced pros in the SPL so why Miller? He's been blown out of all proportion after that game, a fall was inevitable, but he had a solid game yesterday. I would like to see him stay, as tbh I would question his mentality if he chose to go and play in Utd's reserves for the next few years...

You see that alot though, a young player has a great game and the world thinks they are the next whoever.

Thats when you have also have to question the type of people they have around them, news from Ireland is that he doesnt want to sign a new contract and wants to come to United, so he's already got abit big for his boots if you ask me, he's not even done a season yet, as I said in an ealier post he'd be best off staying at Celtic, he'll get 1st team european football, we've already had a massive influx of youth this season what we need is a maturer player.

I was away to the pictures yesterday so I thought it was part of the weekend ;).

Yes that avatar is the legendary huddle @ Mordor Guti ;).

hehe, January the 3rd we go 11 points clear, assuming the crappy Gers don't drop any more points between now and then!

What did you go and see in the pics? lol

Ive yet to see that one but looking forward to it!

Unfortunately I went to see Dead End, my gosh what guff!

Pppfff!

So, besides GK, where do Celtic need to Strengthen?
I say a creative -attacking- midfielder we havent ever replaced Moravick, well there was Fernandez, but we all know what happened there!

Actually he wasnt ever given the chance! come to t hink of it!

fd1972uk said:
Guti14 said:
Actually he wasnt ever given the chance! come to t hink of it!

Please don't go off-topic, keep this in the joke thread.

Thanks

FD
hehe This is why I love EVO-WEB, lol

Righty , who should we try and get,
I want Jay Jay but then so will Man Utd and Arsenal etc most probably.

So who should we try and get.
Yakin would be good.

If Celtic sign anyone it'll be Pearson and that's it. There's no point speculating who we should sign as the board think making the club look as attractive to potential buyers as possible (by reducing debt) is more important than the team itself.

Bleh! Have to agree, Fecking Board.
Why can't we get an Abramovich, ppfff!

Guti

Agree with Yakin, but also agree with CD (unfortunately).

Although if they lose Miller, they will have to go for another midfielder, as I'm sure the board thanked their lucky stars for the youngster breaking in to the team and doing well, however if we lose him the fans will be well on their case because we've lost basically another first team player.

FD

Yep, if Miller hadn't broke into the team we would have been totally fecked. Petrov has been way below par this season.

TBH I think O'Neill will be off come the end of the season, which does sadden me but he has NO money to spend on his squad to get further in europe and the scottish league just isn't a challenge. Im thinking Tottenham will be his destination, Pleat the manager till the end of the season, sounds a bit fishy that. He would inherit a good team there and would turn them round from underachievers eevry year.

Guti

Back
Top Bottom