Call of Duty : Black Ops

Re: Call of Duty 7 : Black Ops

I quite like the COD games, despite high review scores they have recieved I think they have gone downhill since COD 2, although MW was excellent the 2nd one to me was good but not amazing.
I am not really looking forward to this as it is Trearch making it and not Infinity Ward.

Last edited:

I think everyone gives Treyarch a real hard time over this. They were given 8 months to make COD3, where restricted in what they could do for COD5, as IW had it written in a contract that they could be the only development team to do 'modern conflict'. They revisited WWII and also the Pacific theatre of war, which had only been done in MoH Rising Sun before and that was rubbish.

It will be interesting to read the reviews on this game though. Not sure I will get it launch, like alot of games this year; I'm waiting for the price drops!

Where's everyone getting this from?

Is anywhere giving stuff away with it or any places cheaper than others?

If this is quite well balanced compared to the other COD's i'll definitely get into this.

I'm spoilt now by Bad Company 2. Some old friends of mine also play and we manage a full squad each sesh and can kick ass because we all use different roles.

We try the same in COD though and get decked usually, because we don't use the right perks or killstreaks etc :SHOCK:

Hopefully you can sort of balance out perks and weapons in this new version so we would feel more like a team when we played.

For example a geezer with the flak-jacket and big painful gun up front with little sneaky gits milling around him etc.

I got into Bad Company 2 a bit late (last 2 weeks or so) and having not played a Battlefield game in a long time, I had forgotten how fun the series is.

I'm still looking forward to COD7, but I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to tear myself away from BC2. They really nailed the objective based multiplayer side of things. All COD offers is deathmatch modes (for the most part), with no where near the level of vehicles and gadgets of BC2... it can get stale.

I got into Bad Company 2 a bit late (last 2 weeks or so) and having not played a Battlefield game in a long time, I had forgotten how fun the series is.

I'm still looking forward to COD7, but I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to tear myself away from BC2. They really nailed the objective based multiplayer side of things. All COD offers is deathmatch modes (for the most part), with no where near the level of vehicles and gadgets of BC2... it can get stale.

Agreed (apart from the looking forward to the COD7 bit). Battlefield:BC2 is an amazing shooter. It promotes roles, teamwork, tactics and creativity, is well-balanced, and is certainly a more pleasant online experience than COD ever was. I've been playing the game for six months solid and I'm still not bored of it.

Cant wait for this, not long though.

I like the cod series, so i hope this will be a good game.

Been playing the last 2 days, I love the MP. There's so many things to do !

You can choose
to play the game the way you want. Customizing and buying the guns and perks you want. If you like this aspect, it's great.

You can also select challenges to do (for example kill 50 guys in 40 minutes) and you get xp if you succeed.

Imo, all maps are great. Very different too. No campers so far.
And it's not all about killstreaks this time like MW2. It's a good mix between MW1 and MW2.
If your the best, you should win.

Can't wait for tomorrow. My ruddy postman better not be a lazy cunt either!

Anyone else that's pre ordered from ShopTo, have you had an email or txt message to say your copy has been dispatched?

Ordered from Game, arrived this morning at 11. :D

Just ordered mine all the way from Asia, should be here in 1-3 days! Can't wait to be honest. Whether or not people enjoy the multiplayer of Call of Duty the online experience is great as long as you're with a bunch of mates, if you go play solo then it's understandable it's pretty dire, all I can say to that is get some friends!

In my opinion Zombie mode is very good in Multiplayer , i play with my friend and its really cool when he's reconstruting the barriers i try to protect him from the zombies , and discover new areas. We just survive 5 rounds in Zombie Mode :D

Last edited:

Hope so mate! Work is going to drag tomorrow if I know its in the house waiting for when I get home though!

The series is loads of fun no doubt, in an arcadey way ofcourse.

One of the positives in this game is that the bastard German Shepherds are back smarter than ever and more ferocious.

Zombies? WHoohooo

Had so much fun at uni playing that zombie mode round my mates on WAW

Then again i cba with these games man!

Back
Top Bottom