Call of Duty : Black Ops

Re: Call of Duty 7 : Black Ops

not getting this piece of trash called cod. got bored of cod after cod4 as from then on, all of them where basically reskinned cod4 games and this one looks the same, plays teh same and doesnt have many differences from cod4.

Give me BC2 any day. offers much more variety in gameplay and destructible enviorments. at least dice are trying out new things unlike COD.

I'm struggling to complete the game on Veteran. I think it's harder than the previous ones. The IA is deadly and some checkpoints are really far from each others. But I love it :).

not getting this piece of trash called cod. got bored of cod after cod4 as from then on, all of them where basically reskinned cod4 games and this one looks the same, plays teh same and doesnt have many differences from cod4.

Give me BC2 any day. offers much more variety in gameplay and destructible enviorments. at least dice are trying out new things unlike COD.

Same. I can't wait for the new maps on BC2. That news has literally stopped me completely from purchasing COD:BO on day 1 release - something which I may have regretted, especially with Fallout New Vegas still in my disc drive, and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood next week.

Any way of installing this on a PC with no internet connection? Just sits at a screen trying to update Steam but can't get any further.

Any way of installing this on a PC with no internet connection? Just sits at a screen trying to update Steam but can't get any further.

Steam can be a right pain in the ass. Should be an option for 'offline' install with Steam games? Assume you havent got that?

Apparently big problem with the PC version due to Steam causing big lag and/or lockups - even in SP games.

People saying its virtually unplayable at present and needs a fix asap. Too be expected I suppose on Day 1, but still not good.

With the MadCatz guitar being delayed (again), I'm considering picking this up for the PC today, but not sure not with all these issues...

No options at all, just goes straight to "Steam installing" but doesn't go any further.

Right pain in the ass indeed, not amused.

No options at all, just goes straight to "Steam installing" but doesn't go any further.

Right pain in the ass indeed, not amused.

I take it this is a retail copy too? Anything in the instructions?

People have been saying MW2 had the same problem - but that was you would install it by disk, then Steam would try and download it for you as well (8gb). Happened so much that the servers were down for ages coping with the strain.

Might hold off getting this for a while till it calms down.

The replays in this are brilliant

Choose any of your last 6 matches to watch and try out the free cam while your watching it to look around anywhere on the map and see what others were doing

The replays in this are brilliant

Choose any of your last 6 matches to watch and try out the free cam while your watching it to look around anywhere on the map and see what others were doing

Are they the ones you can edit too (like Halo's theatre?)

I've steered clear of a lot of info on this one, so dont know much about the features etc.

I take it this is a retail copy too? Anything in the instructions?

People have been saying MW2 had the same problem - but that was you would install it by disk, then Steam would try and download it for you as well (8gb). Happened so much that the servers were down for ages coping with the strain.

Might hold off getting this for a while till it calms down.

Yep, retail just bought from Tesco's. You just can't even install the game as it needs to install Steam first and then authenticate with Steam.

Well that sucks then - check the back of the box as some of these steam games say "Requires internet connection to install and verify game" - something like that... Civ 5 does.

If thats the case, its a pain, but technically not an 'issue' really :(

Yep, it does say that. Pretty shit if you don't have access to the internet.

Yep, it does say that. Pretty shit if you don't have access to the internet.

Yea very... guess they are going for the majority now that would have, but still, a pain.

On the flipside, its not been pirated yet (PS3 and 360 were a week or so ago), so I guess its good for them.

I ordered it from Tescos with the PSN card deal but not had delivery today :CRY: .

Can't begrudge the potential saving because the PSN points will be getting thrown into Bad Company 2 and i managed to trade in MW2 and World At War for £28 and bought myself Castlevania which i'm a big fan of.

Just out of interest how does the MP match up to previous? MW2 i didn't like, i found it really random and came down to select perks and streaks to do well....any signs of it opening up a bit in this area and championing a variety of "class setups" and weapons?

Loads of my mates will be caning this and it would be cool if we could all have our own style of soldier as opposed to being forced to run around with set guns and perks to stand a chance online.

Yea very... guess they are going for the majority now that would have, but still, a pain.

On the flipside, its not been pirated yet

Actually :JAY:

So now it's going to be easier to get a pirated copy of a game working than it is to get a legit version working.

Actually :JAY:

So now it's going to be easier to get a pirated copy of a game working than it is to get a legit version working.

Really? That must be new today then?

But still, it is a victory if its taken till post launch to crack it, where before, PC games are normally readily available.

Dunno whats the matter with me now, but I much prefer retail to :JAY:

Are they the ones you can edit too (like Halo's theatre?)

I've steered clear of a lot of info on this one, so dont know much about the features etc.

Yeah you can edit and save whatever you want when you view them back, plus you can change the camera and add multiple different views to make it look more professional

I dont think i will use it much but if you do see something unusual, funny or just do something brilliant you have the option to save it forever and its just a brilliant idea

Last edited:

It's been more than one time that having bought the retail version, at the end I had to download a pirated copy to properly install and play the game. Sad and ridiculous how piracy and anti-piracy measures sometimes swap sides...

Can't believe we still have to put up with shit respawing of AI, it's such a cheap tactic and pisses me right off.

Can't believe we still have to put up with shit respawing of AI, it's such a cheap tactic and pisses me right off.

On Veteran the A.I is so cheap its unreal.

Honestly to me it is £45 on a MP game. I play single player for an hour as it is pretty shit on COD. Dumb scripted A.I that gets no better on each release! What is the point of having teamates in SP when they walk past you and do nothing at all.

Seriously if they released a MP version only for £20 I would be more then happy.

Halo: Reach smokes this game!!

Last edited:

lol bet you will still by mw3 mw4 mw5 etc etc. diddnt you learn from COD4? lol

Seriously guys to anyone who bought this game and is dissapointed in it. what the hell did you expect? an actual true sequal to MW2? Their hasnt been a worthy true sequal since COD4!

every COD game after cod4 have all been reskinned cod4 mods priced at £50 in some places :LOL:

On the flipside, its not been pirated yet (PS3 and 360 were a week or so ago), so I guess its good for them.

Most steam games are hard to pirate. fallout new vegas diddnt get pirated before retail version came out

lol bet you will still by mw3 mw4 mw5 etc etc. diddnt you learn from COD4? lol

Seriously guys to anyone who bought this game and is dissapointed in it. what the hell did you expect? an actual true sequal to MW2? Their hasnt been a worthy true sequal since COD4!

every COD game after cod4 have all been reskinned cod4 mods priced at £50 in some places :LOL:

seriously thinking about trading this in when need for speed is released. even the MP buzz doesnt seem to be their for me this year.

Jonney BC is a completely different type of game and always has been. It's clear they have a 10x more open gameplay with those gigantic maps and all sorts of different things you can be from being a Medic to a riflemen. Point is the two games are different, I personally prefer COD but I've also played BF starting from BC1. Call of Duty is a game of its own and the multiplayer is simply fantastic where the maps aren't as big as BF and you can choose to play the game the way you want to.

Call me what you want but I bought Call of Duty: World at War and MW2 and both games have been great. Like all games it had its flaws but I really enjoyed both campaigns and both provided a very good multiplayer experience.

Why would they revamp the gameplay from COD4 when everyone loved it? Isn't that the COD where everyone began to fall in love with the series? COD4 brought the best FPS online experience to xbox (in my view of course) and Treyarch and Activision have built upon it which clearly has worked.

Last edited:

My plan is finish the campaign first (Get 1000g's as well) then play multiplayer + zombies for the next 10 months ;).

Back
Top Bottom