Call of Duty : Black Ops

Re: Call of Duty 7 : Black Ops

Jonney BC is a completely different type of game and always has been. It's clear they have a 10x more open gameplay with those gigantic maps and all sorts of different things you can be from being a Medic to a riflemen. Point is the two games are different, I personally prefer COD but I've also played BF starting from BC1. Call of Duty is a game of its own and the multiplayer is simply fantastic where the maps aren't as big as BF and you can choose to play the game the way you want to.

Call me what you want but I bought Call of Duty: World at War and MW2 and both games have been great. Like all games it had its flaws but I really enjoyed both campaigns and both provided a very good multiplayer experience.

Why would they revamp the gameplay from COD4 when everyone loved it? Isn't that the COD where everyone began to fall in love with the series? COD4 brought the best FPS online experience to xbox (in my view of course) and Treyarch and Activision have built upon it which clearly has worked.

i thought halo is the number one fps game on xbox? anyways i prefer even rainbow six vegas games compared to the run and gun COD games.

fair enough you and others like it. im just stating my reasons why i dont. its the same old game. nothing has changed.

here is my post from a different forum.

for me here is my run down of cod games:

COD4 - 20-30hours of game time as it was a breath of fresh air compared to COD3 and a worthy sequal

COD WAW - 10-20Hours purely on zombie mode and coop campaign that me and my bro done and completed a few times over as it was mad fun

COD MW2 - 10-20mins of game time. utter crap, same old COD4 game and a step back from WAW with no ****ing coop(glad i diddnt buy this game and tried the "demo" first, uninstalled it straight away plus no dedi servers and p2p online gaming :suicide::rotfl:)

COD black ops - not even going to bother trying out the "demo" :thumbsdow no coop, no innovative features not done in past cod games. same 10 year old game engine and same 20 year old tetris style gun sounds :rolleyes:

COD WAW and COD4 are the only worthy games that were worth £30. the rest not even worth trying out the "demo" let alone coughing up £40:rolleyes::facepalm:

It was in response to someone say "how is £40 a waste on a game you play for 100+hours"

From my post above you get a general idea on why got bored of COD after WAW. it doesnt HAVE to be like BC2. but for me it HAS to be true sequal to previous COD games offering something different and refreshing. WAW was the last game that offered that with zombie mode and coop in the main campaign. what has COD done since then? fuck all

Last edited:

Does the offline with bots offer split screen with another player?

Does it track any stats or upgrades?

Part from the shitty AI respawning, I'm finding the single-player story to be much better than MW2 and I thought MW2 had a very good SP campaign.

The multiplayer is more enjoyable on this then it was on MW2.

Why is it terrible? (genuine question, I don't have it yet)
That may have been a bit exaggerated but I enjoyed MW2 a lot more than this game so far. It might just be that im still adjusting to the game.
The graphics and sound of this game are definitely worse than MW2. The sounds of the guns and explosions sound terrible. The eplosions are a really noticable and annoying THUD now.

Core mode is absolutely shit

Fill people in with bullets and they turn round and kill you

Hardcore on the other hand is brillaint

Yep, 100000% agree, Coopz. Normal mode is fucking pointless. Hardcore mode is miles better.

And why the fuck haven't they pure all the core mode's into hardcore?

All of them would be less run and gun like they are in core because as soon as your hit your dead so you have to be more cautious and tactical

I've been playing hardcore ever since COD4 and it's 10x better for obvious reasons but it also has some disadvantages. I quit playing team death match because of hardcore since everyone sits and camps like a fucking penis. If you want to get all the action and get kill streaks play Hardcore Headquarters with a few friends. For 6 months been playing HC:HQ with at least 3 people in my party and we would consecutively get nukes and high kill streaks and we had great times (we should do this if you lot are up for it).

All I play is Hardcore Team Deathmatch, you get some campers but not that many. They really should add the other core modes into hardcore, they didn't on MW2 though so I wouldn't hold your breath on it.

Had a few goes last night on various modes.

On some maps the framerate on the PS3 version is utterly rotten, like, cannot believe it made it out of testing rotten.

It genuinely ends up looking like you're playing on an underpowered PC and unless it gets patched, it's a game breaker.

-

I'll level here, i bought this game because essentially loads of my mates will be caning it, but after last nights session, the "Battlefield faithful" i know are just chomping at the bit for the new updates.

Modern Warfare and World At War were quality in hardcore mode, all weapons balance out and you can experiment a bit with other setups (although stopping power is useless in HD). We're not even the type who like to "PWN NOOBZ" in fps games, but we got into these versions and were as close to a clan as our "street cred" would allow us.

Black Ops has sod all modes in HC, it's the best mode to play, especially with PS3 frame-rate lag not helping you get kills in normal mode, but it's really bare-bones.

There's a lot of good there in Black Ops, if it ran smoothly i think it will be the best version in multi-player because of the variety but this frame-rate problem, on a run-and-gun game is rough.

-

I'm not the sort who moans about games, i don't really care enough to. "Cheap" tactics are fair game in my opinion, and there's also a way to beat something another player can do. Hence i don't mind camping in shooting games, and know a hundred ways to deal with "cheap tricks" in fighting games.

Black Ops, on PS3 at least though, has been released in a poor state and i feel more than a little duped.
If i paid the full 45 smackers for just the game, i'd be pissed off....as it stands i got the Tesco PSN voucher offer which will go into Bad Company 2 Vietnam.

I want to have two good fps to play, different kind of pace and all that. At the moment though, Black Ops' bugs have ballsed that one up :CONFUSE:

Last edited:

The game lack of instruction on where to go and what to do. I'm stuck at Vietnam the camp where the enemy re-spawning infinitely. What should I do? My team ain't moving shit. Keep shouting enemy here, enemy there! Fuck off

The game lack of instruction on where to go and what to do. I'm stuck at Vietnam the camp where the enemy re-spawning infinitely. What should I do? My team ain't moving shit. Keep shouting enemy here, enemy there! Fuck off

I was stuck here for ages as well.

Check the yellow barrels at the bottom of trench.

Why dont you like it?

What guns are people favouring as well?

In hardcore its definitely the M14 with a grip for me, that gun is the nuts

Cos you spend fucking forever sneaking around only to be killed soon as you turn a corner.

No thanks.

What's that got to do with anything?

i saw the video you posted, then i discovered the video i posted and in this video i saw this interesting wine glass scene but i don't know the name of the trick so i wondered whether somebody knew what it's called.

Cos you spend fucking forever sneaking around only to be killed soon as you turn a corner.

No thanks.
It's because you're used to running and gunning in normal mode where you can turn a corner, get shot, then turn round and kill whoever shot you in the first place :LOL:. Hardcore is more tactical and a thinking mans game.

Coopz, I like the Famas with reflex sight, and the AK74u with red dot sight. Also the M16 with ACOG scope. Oooh, and I just unlocked the FAL and that with an ACOG is awesome too, one shot kills :)). Just how it should be.

Coopz, I like the Famas with reflex sight, and the AK74u with red dot sight. Also the M16 with ACOG scope. Oooh, and I just unlocked the FAL and that with an ACOG is awesome too, one shot kills :)). Just how it should be.

AK47u with the grip is good if your running and gunning on core, i have just unlocked the AK47 and that seems good in the 1 game i tried it with it

If you like the FAL try the M14 with the grip it is much better

Back
Top Bottom