Call of Duty : Black Ops

Re: Call of Duty 7 : Black Ops

The best thing about COD 7, is that it finally convinced my friends to join me in Bad Company 2.

Technical issues aside, the game play in the COD series is getting stale. Especially consider COD 7 brings nothing new to the table and suffers from nearly all the same issues as previous games.

BF:BC2 however is awesome.

Haha exactly the same thing happened last night Eaton.

There's a bug with the friendslist on PS3 that causes stuttering and frame-rate lag for the overall majority of Black Ops players on PS3.

We went back to Bad Company 2 with a new found appreciation.

Black Ops will no doubt be good for a blast when these problems are sorted, but it doesn't live up to the hype.

The best thing about COD 7, is that it finally convinced my friends to join me in Bad Company 2.

Technical issues aside, the game play in the COD series is getting stale. Especially consider COD 7 brings nothing new to the table and suffers from nearly all the same issues as previous games.

BF:BC2 however is awesome.

I agree I got COD 7 and it's the same boring crap.

I didn't think Bad Company 2 was as good as the first.

The maps are heavily unbalanced usually giving the attacking team 4 or 5 ways to destroy each target and the defending teams have terrible spawn points right in the middle of open ground ripe for snipers sitting on the hills to kill you.

Any map that gives the attacking team a chopper is a piece of piss to win on. You just pile in and then kamikaze the target area and all jump out before it lands with the chopper killing anyone below.

That little drone chopper is annoying as you can just cover it in C4... fly it into the target and then detonate and instantly destroy the target.

Everyone still sits on the hills sniping because the K/D ratio seems more important to people than winning or losing the maps.

I found it to be incredible boring and a huge let down after the first game.

I didn't think Bad Company 2 was as good as the first.

The maps are heavily unbalanced usually giving the attacking team 4 or 5 ways to destroy each target and the defending teams have terrible spawn points right in the middle of open ground ripe for snipers sitting on the hills to kill you.

Any map that gives the attacking team a chopper is a piece of piss to win on. You just pile in and then kamikaze the target area and all jump out before it lands with the chopper killing anyone below.

That little drone chopper is annoying as you can just cover it in C4... fly it into the target and then detonate and instantly destroy the target.

Everyone still sits on the hills sniping because the K/D ratio seems more important to people than winning or losing the maps.

I found it to be incredible boring and a huge let down after the first game.

I think that's a little unfair. While I agree that all of these issues exist I think you're painting an overly bleak picture of the game when the truth is it's one of the best online shooters ever. Teamwork is the name of a game and the most co-ordinated team will always win regardless of whether they are attacking of defending. Even a squad of 4 people talking and working together can own an entire team.

Choppers aren't that effective, nor are UAVs which are easily destroyed. Snipers, while annoying are very predictable and easily hunted down and dealt with. Spawn points are what you make of them. Play in a squad and you can spawn next to other squad members in relative safety.

Most importantly being a lone wolf doesn't achieve much in BFBC2 - it's all about teamwork - and that's why it's so much better than COD.

I'm a total fanboy when it comes to Bad Company 2, and usually i'm a lot more cynical towards games.

It's the simplicity i appreciate and how it's all been blended into the aesthetics of a modern game.

With a squad of 4, there really aren't many multiplayer games that compete for the fun factor, while still having a competitive edge to it.

With the exception of perhaps a squad full of Snipers, 4 players on the same wave-length can wreak havoc and secure wins against the other team.

One thing that works well is how, even 4 members in a squad playing the same class can, because of the "perks", all bring something different.

---

It's best to balance the squad though and part of the fun for a group of friends playing this is to all settle into favoured roles.
Each person sticking as a Medic, Sniper of or the other two should they prefer.

---

The way it's gripped my friends and i, who really have a hang up about being seen as "geeky" clan players, well, the game has essentially turned us into those, for this title alone at least.

:WORSHIP:

---

Rush mode does have it's problems which are long overdue addressing, C4 bombing does feel "cheap", even to any "anything's fair game" sort of player like myself.

It's quality when it all clicks and there's a semblence of teamwork though.

I just thought the first game was near perfection until they screwed the severs up with that flag capture mode. Even with the hilltop snipers and other annoyances. There generally was a counter for all of those cheap tricks/tactics. There were a nice mix of huge open maps and tight village maps to mix it all up.

So I had very high hopes for the 2nd but it never clicked. It felt unbalanced and rushed out. They removed a few of the great tools from the first game like the tomahawk missile that took tanks out in 1. And then gave us extra restrictions that meant that hardly anyone bothers with the smoke grenades or other handy tools like that because they're attachments not secondary grenades.
Sure you'll find the odd medic or engineer doing a great job... but it's no where near the levels the first game had. Snipers used to be a pain in the ass because they'd sit sniping at people and ignore the targets. A bomb will have been planted right next to 5 snipers... but they'd all just sit there focused on a man miles away. Now they just sit there spamming mortar strikes at vehicles far away instead.
Choppers are too hard to bring down because the defending teams hardly ever get any decent defence vehicles or turrets. The attacking teams always seem to be given tanks or apcs and choppers and then the defending sides get a few machine gun turrets and maybe 1 tank for an entire team to fight over.

The first game had the right balance because both teams usually got the same number of vehicles to attack and defend a map. Choppers were still in the game but they weren't as over powered or tough to bring down. The targets to destroy as well were more concealed and took real team work to destroy... like they would be underground so you'd have to co ordinate an attack to get in there.

On the 2nd game a lot of times they out in the open for tank shell spamming and chopper missile spamming. Or they're on the 2nd floor of a building that can be demolished in seconds by ramming a tank into it.

I completed the single player campaign and I must say I was shocked by how entertaining it was. Easily the best story in a COD game since COD 2. Its in another league compared to the pathetic trash story lines of COD 4 and MW2 which I have discussed about before.

I was impressed that they went into a topic area thats not really discussed often publicly especially since this is a video game. Trauma based mind control and psychological warfare which were all major operations during the Cold War and even are now. (Look up the CIA's MK-ULTRA files for more information).

The gameplay itself was solid and apart from some performance issues on the PS3 was extremely good. I also like the improved graphical content and effects such as body dismemberment and blood.

Multiplayer in arcade seems much improved for me over the last few days.

Even before the 1.03 patch :)

It's proving a fun arcadey shooter at least, and you don't have to default to hardcore game-modes to eliminate hit detection stupidity now :WORSHIP:

Laggy piece of crap at the moment. Stopped playing due to bad hit detection, the maps being too small, sniper rifles being broken (every rifle takes 2-3 shots to the head to kill someone) and the pace of the game is too frantic compared to World At War which has been my favourite on PS3 so far.

The Marathon perk, like in MW2, is the anti-christ. I don't care about being killed in a one-on-one firefight or stab etc, but every time the guy who kills me lags through it, or absorbs a full clip or stabs me whilst his back is turned (from my view), it's some cunt on Marathon. Speed perks fuck the system right up.

Well, it's more of a chap I can get on with slightly more than the Core one. :)

Spawning is often terrible, all but one of the maps are so small you're guaranteed to see an enemy in under 5 or 6 seconds. Marathon is still used in HC and allows lets users of it to appear to have Lag as a 4th perk, to absorb bullets and slink out of the way of stab in the back, even if they're stood still it's happened quite a bit. The last 2 sniper rifles to unlock still require 2 shots to the upper body or head to kill.

Well that's not true because I've killed plenty of people with one shot :LOL:.

It's utterly random here.

I quit playing at Level 50, no prestige. Had around 300 one hit kill medals I will admit, yet the amount of times I've headshot folk with L96 or PSG1 and they've not died is at least 4 times that amount. I'm not Deadshot but I am pretty sound at proper sniping. I noticed there's a 90+ page topic on the official forums about this kind of arse biscuitry.

Also, around 90% of the headshot-survivors are using Marathon. They don't have to be sprinting, just moving slow sometimes. Obviously they're appearing further ahead in the timeline than what I'm seeing, hence it looking like they've absorbed a fatal shot.

Killing that perk and adding bigger maps would draw me back. Not gonna happen though.

And my connection's fine. I play any other FPS online except this or MW2 and have no issues.

Awesome.

That's why I was so happy to see the theatre mode added. It's awful throwing a knife like that and seeing something like a multi kill and then never ever knowing what happened.

why does everybody claim this is the best sp COD ever? i much prefer mw 1 or mw 2, even the old WWII-themed games.

this is just boring as heck. not a single one of those "wow" moments of former times...bleh!

Some of my tomahawk kills have been brilliant

If i remember ill put them on you tube

There's a fairly big patch coming soon, there's details on the official forums but I can't access it right now. I randomly put 77 as me age and it said I'm not allowed to look at the content, haha!

From what I remember, the knife lunge has been toned down, spawning system allegedly improved, some exploits removed and sniper rifles slightly improved.

It's to be submitted for testing by Microsoft & Sony on the 6th if I remember the post correctly

Hey 360 gamers,

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

IN PROGRESS
Title Update 4 is nearing the end of Phase 2 testing. Going into Phase 3 submissions on 12/6.
Patching process: http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=346952

Issues Addressed:
* • Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
* • Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
* • Addressed issue that prevented the “Load MP by Default” option from saving when other specific option combinations were set.
* • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
* • Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
* • Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
* • Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
* • Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
* • Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
* • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
* • Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
* • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
* • Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
* • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
* • Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
* • Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
* • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
* • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
* • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
* • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

LIVE FIXES

11/23
* · Addition of Hardcore HQ & Hardcore CTF game modes to the playlists
* · Prevention of the ability to earn XP in Private Matches

11/18
* · Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared – in some matches, this was causing good spawns to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match
* · Experimental slight reduction in knife lunge range – this is a trial change
* · Prevention of Prestige glitching – trying to prestige from Combat Training will reset your stats but not give you prestige

11/17 (full title update)
* · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
* · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
* · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
* · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
* · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
* · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
* · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
* · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
* · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
* · Additional online security enhancements

11/16
* · Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
* · Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
* · Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
* · Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
* · Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
* · Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location

11/12
* - Launch: User could access a small platform outside of the intended play space below the rocket gantry by jumping to a very specific location; now blocked from access
* - Launch: User could access a small area inside geometry at vents near Dom flag A by going prone and moving around in a very specific location; now blocked from access
* - Some users reported that weapon attachment challenges were not resetting after prestige; now all are guaranteed to clear as soon as selecting the prestige option

11/11
* - Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
* - Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

11/10
* - Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions

11/9
* - Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
* - Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu

11/5
* - Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
* - Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
* - User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)

Back
Top Bottom