Bundesliga 2008/2009

Re: Bundesliga 2007/2008

I managed to Watched Karlsruhe - Hannover Friday night, although the team line-ups may not have been of the same quality of Stuttgart - Schalke the previous week it was still quite a stunning match. Both sides had an equal amount of opportunities with Karlsruhe setting up like I've never seen a home team before and taking the beating of a life time of the defence for the first half almost. Another tremendous Bundesliga match. Who wants to put me up for a few nights next year while I come to Germany to watch somegames? :P

no problem at all if you can live with a room in the basement for the night. ;)

Great work by VdV scoring that penalty yesterday, great mentality to take it.

Bayern look very good so far, especially Ribery, he was well worth the big fee they payed for him.

amazing league, one of the best of europe

Hi mate, you say that because Luca play on them :lol: ;)
the spirit of the league are the stadiums and the supporters, but for me i rather look premier league football, their is action 90% of the match

Hi mate, you say that because Luca play on them :lol: ;)
the spirit of the league are the stadiums and the supporters, but for me i rather look premier league football, their is action 90% of the match

it's really strange to hear this from a german. :shock:
bundesliga is famous for his great stadia and supporters, but u also have to be happy about the quality of bundesliga football, wich is, in my opinion, really better than the premiership one.

if u just like "action" then u might be intersted in nba too. they too run like fools for the whole match, doing loooong passes.... actually it's pretty similar to premiership...:mrgreen: sorry for the cheap shot.

football imo is much more than "action". besides it's a fact that most of the greatest teams in history were "slow paced", and also some of the greatest players in history were "slow paced".

anyway i guess it's all about personal likes. i follow all the top 5 leagues in europe, and i like them all (for different reasons), but if i had to do a "ranking", bundesliga sure would be ahead of the premership..... and not just because of toni, of course :mrgreen:;)

Wow, nice opinion. :thumbs

IMO the EPL is better than Bundesliga, don't know why. I love the action just like FCH wrote and the fact, that there are almost no dives and the players who dive are getting chanted by their own fans.
That's not in Bundesliga.
And that there is the game much faster and less fouls. ;)

epl - germany - spain - italy/france/netherlands for me

judging by the overall quality

all have their own strong points

Wow, nice opinion. :thumbs

IMO the EPL is better than Bundesliga, don't know why. I love the action just like FCH wrote and the fact, that there are almost no dives and the players who dive are getting chanted by their own fans.
That's not in Bundesliga.
And that there is the game much faster and less fouls. ;)

epl - germany - spain - italy/france/netherlands for me

judging by the overall quality

all have their own strong points

well, i guess it's all about personal likes. as OPM wrote each league has his strong points and i'm just happy they're all different.

but if i have to be honest, divings really aren't so important to me, when it's about judging a league. of course divings aren't nice and i love english fans attitude, talking about divings (and finally it seems that also the italian fans are getting sick of seeing players diving, fortunately :))...
...but there are many, many aspects that are much more important to me, when it's about rating a league. first of all the average quality of the football, of the plays, of the schemes.

usually i'm not excited by the pace of a team, coz usually the higher is the pace, the more the players do silly mistakes (wich is actually what happens in premiership).
but as i said before, it's all about your personal taste :)

after today i am pretty sure the only thing we can achieve this season is avoid relegation.

what a horrible team we have. :(

I didn't watch the games, OPM. But I hope it's just a bad start in this season.
Same goes to Dortmund, Stuttgart and Bremen although they won today.

I was just wondering how serious the injury is supposed to be to Toni?

Given the injury list it is not good timing..

I didn't watch the games, OPM. But I hope it's just a bad start in this season.
Same goes to Dortmund, Stuttgart and Bremen although they won today.

i heard some "interesting" things from internal sources at the club, nothing i really want to share in the public but still first signs to show that the magic "meyer-effect" starts to wear off. his just human afterall.
i'd very delighted to see him keeping us up and manage to stay in his job for the rest of the season.
but to be honnest i can't really see it happen. this will be horror!

what's most shocking for me anyway is that fact it really doesn't touch me at all, it's like the love to my club fell asleep...i am not emotional at all ATM. maybe the season is not old enough to be or i just know pretty much everything now, from relegation to 3rd division up to winning titles. what else is to come? i don't think anything ever would be like winning this cup last season, it was the most delightful day i ever experienced with my club. :( it's so sad.

Last edited:

I hope some of you guys are watching Schalke vs. Leverkusen right now, it's a fantastic match! Kuranyi and Gekas have scored two nice goals, and Leverkusen's keeper Rene Adler has made some fantastic saves already!

i heard some "interesting" things from internal sources at the club, nothing i really want to share in the public but still first signs to show that the magic "meyer-effect" starts to wear off. his just human afterall.
i'd very delighted to see him keeping us up and manage to stay in his job for the rest of the season.
but to be honnest i can't really see it happen. this will be horror!

I think he should stay. The expectations rise very high after success, but the supporters (and directors) have to be patient. He is definitely an excellent coach; he did something very special for the club.

I don't know what the "interesting things" you mentioned refer to, but I hope its nothing to do with people now talking about getting rid of Meyer.

I think once the UEFA cup starts, the club can go on a good run, and that should get everybody (including yourself) excited again.

I hope some of you guys are watching Schalke vs. Leverkusen right now, it's a fantastic match! Kuranyi and Gekas have scored two nice goals, and Leverkusen's keeper Rene Adler has made some fantastic saves already!

Very exciting. Probably the top two young German goalkeepers on show. Both did well, but Adler really shone in the second half. Can't wait for Sunday.

What a great goal by Pasanen. 109 km/h in the keeper's left top corner. Good goal by Dejagah as well.

Watched Bochum Frankfurt....one of the most boring abysmal matches I have ever had the misfortune of watching....hoping to see a lot more from Frankfurt and even Bochum than that.

I agree, it was quite appalling. Almost fell asleep. Hopefully, Werder vs Stuttgart will be exciting

Nice win by Werder Bremen there. But I just managed to wath the secondh half so I missed most of the goals. It was nice to see Farnerud coming on and doing a great job. Can't understand why he never is in the national squad he is a lot better then let's say Dusan Djuric. Stuttgart should had a goal when Hilberts shot was over the goal line and maybe then the game would have been different. Now Werder seemed to control it pretty good even if Stuttgart had some dangerous chances like Mario Gomez shot in the post. I feel a little bit sad that Rosenberg seems to lack a lot of confidence he just seems so very lame when he is playing. But a nice start to my Bundesliga-watching.

We have an english-week coming up. After tomorrows closers day 7 will be held tuesday and wednesday already. Just in case someone would've missed.

can't wait to take 18th place today, i am a 100% sure cottbus will beat bayern :) i hate it.

Back
Top Bottom