Bundesliga 2008/2009

Re: Bundesliga 2007/2008

Yeah, we could get this thread rolling again.
Luca Tonis hattrick would be a nice topic for the start! :D
Superb finishing!
I hope Bayern can show some magic against Aberdeen this thursday. I'm thinking in Aris dimensions. ;)

I cross my fingers for Schalke tonight. A win today could be the foundation of a possible quarter final, which would be an amazing achievment for the club.
They're definitely a cup-team, that's for sure.

Found a nice pic of our enfants terriblès ... sort of
franckluca.jpg

Luca Tonis hattrick would be a nice topic for the start! :D
Superb finishing!

Found a nice pic of our enfants terriblès ... sort of
franckluca.jpg

left foot, right foot and heading......
i can't believe we (palermo) sold the best striker in the world for just 10 million euros...:((

and i can't believe fiorentina sold him for just 20 million euros.... :?

Last edited:

and i can't believe fiorentina sold him for just 20 million euros.... :?

Well I would not call 20 mio a bad deal for a thirty year old, no matter how good he is. ;)

Crucial game this evening for Bayern and Hamburg, since both Schalke and Bremen dropped points yesterday, Werder even lost Diego due to a red card.
Though I have to say I was disgusted at the whole behavior of the Frankfurt players towards him. It was like from minute one on they just tried to provoke him into something stupid, and he did loose it eventually.
I have no respect for such "tactics".

Well I would not call 20 mio a bad deal for a thirty year old, no matter how good he is. ;)

actually u're right mate. 20 millions are fair price, considering he's not a kid anymore....

but palermo sold him for 10 millions when he was 28! ](*,)](*,)

Looks like Bayern might just run away with the championship after Werder's loss yesterday. It is a shame as last season's Bundesliga as last season's Bundi was one of the most exciting and competitive leagues in recent years, and without Bayern in the title race!

I still hope Hamburg can pull out a result against Bayern, and the fight for the CL places is still very competitive.

Leverkusen vs Schalke was also a decent game. Schalke dominated most of the game, but Leverkusen just managed to scrape through a result.

Bayern only lost 3 games in the bundesliga history of Allianz Arena!
2 againts us...
I don't believe in a vicotry. The team always fails when it has a big chance to get closer!

1:1

not bad, with a bit of luck and a proper lines man who could not tell that it was altintops shin from which the ball went outside standing 1 meter next to it we could have actually made three-in-row in the allianz arena.

seeing though as bayern had more chances i guess a draw is a good result.

and seeing mark van Bommel sent off was hilarious :applause:

it's over for us :(

charisteas, koller, galasek, pinola, wolf, saenko, vittek, mintal

but we are going to 2nd bundesliga. can't fucking believe it.

Last edited:

^ you might yet turn it around, player for player you're better than most of the teams down there. If you can get a good run of games together then you could pull out of the bottom 3.

just by the names we are definately on par with teams like frankfurt or hannover, but we just can't turn it around it seems - we've drawn two of our direct opponents at home now, that's just not enough - now with hannover, hamburg and leverkusen ahead it easily could be all over in 2 or 3 weeks. i am really sad. :(

Come on ;)

With a bit of Fight, Teamwork and very much luck Nuremberg can win the games ( but not against the HSV :LOL:) .

16.,17. and 18. have all 17 Points, so there is a chance for your team ;)

Hertha fans and you good folk in general...

Has Domovchiyski played for you guys yet?

He is a player I liked watching when I got the chance and I think he will go on to good things...

15 Energie Cottbus 26 5 8 13 28:43 -15 23
16 MSV Duisburg (N) 26 6 4 16 27:41 -14 22
17 Arminia Bielefeld 26 5 7 14 25:51 -26 22
18 1. FC Nürnberg (P) 26 4 8 14 27:42 -15 20

a team with players like galasek, koller, mintal, vittek, saenko, misimovic on the best way to be relegated as the worst team of the season. big time credit to our fucked up squad. :BY:

oh i forgot hellas hero charisteas! wonderful player! he added a lot to our current situation. :) and how cheap he was!

Last edited:

I can't believe Nuremberg have been relegated. I remember them against Benfica, they played so well in the two legs.
What a sad moment!

Oh sorry I didn't know. OPM said the battle is over and I thought it.
I hope Nuremberg could stay in Bundesliga.
Come on guys!

we have to win 3 out of 4 to stay in, never. see our season so far - we've won 6 in 30 overall. it's over.

Weird science there ...
You have to win 1 out of 4 if the other endangered teams don't grab more points, and their season hasn't exactly been the "greatest" as well ... that's why they're bottom.
Not the worst chances, if you ask me.

yeah, like none of those teams will win - bielefeld with home matches against bochum and dortmund , both with nothing to achieve anymore this season (and away at the by then champions bayern)- sorry, but after what we played this weekend and many weeks before you still tell me we have a realistic chance to stay in? - if bielefeld gets 6 points out of their 2 homegames we'd have to win 3 out of 4, simple as that. and i am not just looking at the distance to 15th place but also to the number of points you usually need, and that's at very least 33, more likely 34 or 35 this season (compared to the past years)

we've kept our head above the water with allways saying, ah see, so many games left, just 2 points, just 3, we'll make it. never worked out. now explain to me why it should happen now? with our shite coach and 95% of a our players with a "we-will-find-a-better-club-anyway"-mentality?

if you compare our situation with other teams that have been relegated in the past years we are playing a typical season that will end in a big disaster.

Last edited:

oh and btw this is absolutely no attacking you i am just completely frustrated and sick of football right now, with this team...fed up! like i said before...nowhere on earth you should be in this sort of position with a team that good (well, not that good apparently.)

all you guys we played in uefa cup this season: keep your fingers crossed for us today! :CRY:

VfB Stuttgart - Arminia Bielefeld
1.FC Nürnberg - FC Schalke 04

15 Arminia Bielefeld 33 8 9 16 33:58 -25 33
16 1. FC Nürnberg (P) 33 7 10 16 35:49 -14 31
17 MSV Duisburg (N) 33 8 5 20 34:51 -17 29
18 Hansa Rostock (N) 33 7 6 20 28:51 -23 27

Back
Top Bottom