Bioshock, The real next gen begins here.

Ah, a threesome then? ;)

I'd never turn one down, especially with two gorgeous young ladies like yourselves Jay and Jay...

but I have a weekend of Bioshock to prepare for :mrgreen:

Just gotton it through the letterbox, 50e/35pound from bol.com. And in a lovely metal box aswell :D I probably wont be on here much today......

I have never felt such an emotional attachment to a game in my life. Fucking hell, seriously, I feel a bit wrecked at the moment. That will sound ridiculous but honestly, it doesn't half suck you in. I paused the game for five minutes when (spoiler involving your first meeting with a little sister)
I had to decide whether to kill or save her, and when I chose to save her, the atmosphere - the graphical effects and the music - just... Wow. Seriously, I was a bit ... choked.

The thing that impresses me the most (and what grabbed me with Gears Of War as well) is how "perfect" the mechanics are. By which I mean, for example, when you search something, and you've grabbed everything out of it, it becomes no longer accessible (greyed out). So if you spend ages trawling around a room to find every last thing (or out of complete fear), you don't end up checking the same things over and over. BUT, if you don't take everything from the container for some reason, it displays "SEARCHED" next to it, so again, you know where you are. It's the things like that that cause a game to flow so impeccably well, and they nail everything. Absolutely everything. (Apart from the way that the dead guys like to sway their feet to the music occassionally, groovy dead bastards, but that is nitpicking of the highest regard.)

Best game I've ever played? No contest.

Last edited:
you was choked by a game?

and your right it does sound a bit ridiculous :)

i still dont see what all the fuss about, its an average fps game with a few neat touches

edit: god damn editing shite

Last edited:
having played the full game i have to say this game is awesome

i still dont see what all the fuss about, its an average fps game with a few neat touches

i just shat my pants as well, i was searching a cupboard and was walking backwards becuase i thought i was stuck on a chair turned around and a fucking doctor was face to face with me. I actually had to laugh at myself becuase i jumped out of my seat, good job none of my mates were here to see that

you was choked by a game?

and your right it does sound a bit ridiculous :)

Getting chocked by a game and jumping because someone was standing behind me is totally different

and the more i play the more the novelty wears off so its now average, when i first put it on it was good now its repetitive and that aint good

there are you 2 answers to ur quotes

Haha, okay. That's why you should always play a game for a week before giving an opinion on it. ;)

Well, I think it's incredible, very very happy with it. Almost completely taken away my interest in the PES2008/FIFA 08 news actually, which can only be a good thing...

Haha, okay. That's why you should always play a game for a week before giving an opinion on it. ;)

Well, I think it's incredible, very very happy with it. Almost completely taken away my interest in the PES2008/FIFA 08 news actually, which can only be a good thing...

After hearing news from Leipzig about both games i am sure alot of us will be dissapointed by both

The PES 2008 videos look the same a PES6 to me

Just finished the game for the first time, was amazing while it lasted, maybe could have been a bit longer but it was a decent length. :D

Levine confirms no PS3 BioShock and does mea culpa on PC issues -- success hurts

Joystiq just got off the phone with Ken Levine, lead designer for BioShock, and was told that the PC version's issues are overblown because the game's high profile has placed it under a microscope. He fully admits they "screwed up" and notes that patches are most definitely in the works. Furthermore, there is no PS3 version of BioShock in development or planned

Played it for a couple of hours last night and lovin it. Some creepy moments in the game esp in the mortuary when u can see the silouette of someone hackin away at a corpse & u turn the corner and the lights go out. The game's deranged.Awesome.

into it for 30 minutes now, nothing too impressive so far. nice graphics, good effects, hope the story and interactivity starts to build up now.

Oooh ouch, good call actually. But I still think this is the best game I've ever played personally - my previous favourites were the Oddworld games and this lends some of the game mechanics from that, and then adds their own mechanics on top. Love it - the only thing missing will be replay value.

Metal Gear solid was a whole new type of game

This is almost the same as Half Life so its very un-original apart from new moves/weapons

thats why i say i cant see what the fuss is about, becuase we have seen it all before

Gutted, i got the demo to see if it would run on me PC.

Looks like me Radeon X600 can't handle it.....shite

I just spent my 1st time playing the game and I LOVE it !
The atmosphere is amazing. I love all the visual effects. Splendid !

I think the game is great! I am near the end now! It is not the best game I have ever played though. Shenmue series on the Dreamcast will always take that crown. :)

Has anyone had slowdown/stutter on the "forlans folly"(or whatever its called(hint: photo's)) level? Just been playing it and it is slightly stuttering atm, before that it was fine and smooth throughout. It started after a long bit of dramatic music. Just wondering if its just a bit int eh game or my box. I turned the framerate setting to ON to see if that would help but it was exactly the same.

No problems here but I heard something like that was effect a select few people, apparently removing your hard drive fixes it, but that's not much use, is it?

Could be the hdd actually, as i had been saving a lot at short intervals. Cleaned it up by deleting the old files. Hopefully that will clear it up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom