Bioshock, The real next gen begins here.

Go to the system blade and then memory. Press Y on either the HDD or a MU and then press X, X, LB, RB, X, X. Once you do this a blade will pop up saying: This will perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices. Do you want to continue? You select yes, obviously.

In my experience (and I've done it two or three times now) it does no harm, all it does is clear the friend list's downloaded gamer-pictures so it will have to download them again, and delete the setup files for any updates you've downloaded (i.e. dashboard updates that have already been applied - so it's not like you need them again anyway).

It does take an hour or so to get back everything it loses though, for some reason it seems to take a long time to get each gamer-picture. But it fixed problems I was having with Oblivion.

After looking into the problem there are quite a few issues doing the rounds with 2k stating they will be releasing a patch in the near future.

There are a number of solutions that work for different people;

One of the solutions is the cache clearing, both the ms version Jack's explained and a bioshock version (holding rb+lb when starting the game till the 2k intro is finished). [Didnt work for me]

The other is the removal of the HDD when playing. [Havent tried it yet]

The last is that its an issue with gamesequenses loading wrongly and that the stutter will go away once youve finished that level. [Will give this a go first before doing the hdd removal one]

The last one seems to be the most likely in my case as when i entered a certain room in the fort frolic level intense music started and continued to play for awhile even though there wasnt any action going on. Since that moment its being stuttering so ill just finish the level today and hopefully that will sort it.

My actual stutter is a continuing one every 2seconds. Even when standing still looking at a simple wall the arm will block very shortly and then continue its normal up/down movement.

This game aint true next gen, well I wont class it as that, how is it truly next gen lol, improved graphics and a freaky environment, wow yep thats truly next gen?

Personally I believe and see it for what it is, its a fun average FPS basically, well sometimes you dont shoot you use plasmids and melee weapons, but none the less its the same old go round kill some badies and thats about it, you got some fun from variety of plasmids, but then thats it, graphics arent even that great either, the water is I found only looked amazing at one part all the rest was average.

Its a good HD version of Doom!

But thats my opinion, theres no rea state of the art ai system for the enemy no freaky deaky amazing physics, the real next gen game ive see so far, is Crysis, that has took a load of steps further, then games incvolving that euphoria, that change the gameplay, and animations and make it come to life!

Finished the game last night

i got bored half way in because there is alot of backtracking and doing the same stuff, so i couldn't wait for it to finish

but now it has and will be collecting dust forever more

This game aint true next gen. But thats my opinion, theres no rea state of the art ai system for the enemy no freaky deaky amazing physics, the real next gen game ive see so far, is Crysis, that has took a load of steps further, then games incvolving that euphoria, that change the gameplay, and animations and make it come to life!

Totally agree. I don't even care for next gen, I want entertaining games. This one is BORING. The story is quite bad, and the DIARIES you keep hearing all the way is a very poor way of telling a story, just as if it was Doom 3. Psychonauts was far more fun than this.

I'm also one of those (rare?) gamers who don't quite get what's so special about Halo. Sure it's good, but to be considered one of the best games of all time and shit like that, hell no!

Bioshock looks good :)

im with you mate all halo represents is shit console gamers finally getting a taste of what the pc had for years and now trying to tell us the x block can out do the pc in the pc's backyard to think any fps on a console can be better or played better is certified retarded anyway i better restrain myself before the "my first entrance into gaming was an x block fanboi brigade" come screaming at me about how they pWn all and the x block has a great catalogue of quality titles to be envious

anyway bioshock is the sauce of greatness

Nearly finished it now, and i have to say its probably equal to HL2 for me (without the episodes). Its too repetative, the areas look great and everything, but essentially you are walking through similar spaces the whole time. Offcourse the setting could be seen as restrictive, but there just wasnt enough "large" spaces for me, mostly corridors and rooms in the end. Its still a really good game though, and ive enjoyed it a lot.

Well to me it was linear. You have levels where there are different spaces to view and search without them being part of the story. However as far as i could tell there is a "route" you have to take to finish each level. So far its been built out of extra rooms with extra info/items/enemies/etc but there is a certain selection of rooms you have to use/go through to get the needed "route" to finish the level. I havent noticed any different routes. And ive gone though pretty much every room in the game, or atleast every room on the map.

Pretty good game, I don't usually go for FPS games that much but this is pretty nice. Those Big Daddies are a bit hard though!

Well after completing it i have to say its on par with HL2. HL2 had more interesting sections, although some of them were a bit "apart" from the rest of the settings. The "dead western" or whatever it was called i thought was a bit rubbish. But overal HL2 had more settings that i found interesting to go through, Bioshock was probably one really good one (the city) but the actual sections themselves were pretty much a like in general playing conditions. The atmosphere i found better in bioshock, but the fighting i found better in HL2. The tripods in one of the square springs to mind for me, it reminded me of the opening scene of "war of the worlds". The story was probably better in Bioshock. One thing i did think was a shamew as that i never felt like i could recognise which part of the city i was in when looking out of the windows. I would have liked it better if i could have looked out and saw a section i was in earlier.

Overal a great game, 9/10.

Thats one thing I am really gettins pissed of about :(

The lack of multiplayer games on all these new 'next-gen' games, they are all going for single player experiences with 'amazing' gameplay and 'amazing' graphics. Yet no GOOD games with split screen multiplayer or co-op, some games have only 2 players when we should be able to have 4, and to allow guests online, Resitance fall of man, 1-4 players offline I think onle one online, want guests, Motorstorm (my favourite next gen game) but would be amazing, for just 2 player split screen even better with 4, its stupid!

Thats why I cant wait for Halo 3, Bungie know how to spoil us that like to play with more than ourselves :D

Wait until you see CoD4. I can't get enough of it. I can see why the missus has a Battlefield 2 clan and plays every night now, I really can. It's like a drug. Like Championship Manager/Football Manager with guns.

You missus plays Battlefield 2?

I loved that game was truly amazing! Online was like a dream, nothing better than being behind in pts, scavenging up a last minute tactic, you decide to take the role of an attacking leader, and decide you want a small group of men to aid your attack, you send the rest to flank to one command flag, and your team of 3 go to one far away, the defence is weak as they are aiding the one beeing attacked by the flank, so you kill the rest take over the command flag and on your way back to victory! Was amazing... dunno why i got rid of it, thats what we need on the XBOX360 and PS3, is CoD4 gonna be similar then?

*Snip* See the CoD4 thread, didn't want to bring this thread even further off-topic :)

Last edited:
Well I will go back on-topic, and I saw your post in the other. Anyway how many plasmids are in the game then, and what do they range from I cant see there being too many, control robots, fire, electric etc

Back
Top Bottom