Bioshock, The real next gen begins here.

Finished this today. What an amazing game, if only because of the story. My third favourite game of all time, behind Football Manager and SWOS.

Finished this today. What an amazing game, if only because of the story. My third favourite game of all time, behind Football Manager and SWOS.

I agree, it is a great game. I played it to death from the day it was released - I traded it after completing it because I can't see myself going through it again. Saying that, it's probably one of the best games I have ever played.

What way did you guys play it? Ive only done the harvesting one, might give it another go saving the girls at some point in the future. Is the different ending worth it?

What way did you guys play it? Ive only done the harvesting one, might give it another go saving the girls at some point in the future. Is the different ending worth it?
There's different endings, yeah. It's like the Oddworld series, the more you save the better ending you get (and the more benefits you find).

I love games that work like that, most games now seem ridiculously short but Oddword and Bioshock last me ages, trying to find everything to save everyone... I could never be the bad guy and kill any of the girls/mudokons. Even if it's just a game. The girlfriend slates me for that.

I harvested most of the girls and had the bad ending. :(

I found the game was slightly short - maybe it's just me.

Odd, I'm not finding it short at all. I've just got the crossbow and apparantly I've got loads of the game left. Feels like I've been playing for AGES!

I don't play on games for long now, so no chance I'll complete a game in a week and a half. I tend to only play a game for an hour or so a night. Only FIFA and Football Manager have kept me playing for longer on a consistent basis.

BioShock patch, free DLC due next week

The Cult of Rapture has posted an update regarding the status of the, erm, update scheduled to seep into your PC and Xbox 360 copies of aquatic anarchy sim, BioShock. A patch (or "title update," as the Xbox Live euphemism goes) is expected to arrive next week, bringing with it free but as yet unspecified downloadable content. The undersea DLC will be bundled with the PC patch's TLC, and should be easy to see (provided you're not still on PCP) via the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Expect to read an exuberant and overwrought post on this very website as soon as we ascertain the nature of the mysterious downloadable content. New plasmids? Likely! Goomba skins for Big Daddies? Decidedly not.

Getting so bored of it now. Just got past Cohen's missions and I just don't have any inclination to carry on playing. Bored of the same scenery, same bad guys, same weapons. Just feels like I'm stuck in a loop and the only thing changing it less ammo to pick up.

I played it till the end but will never ever play it again. I cant see why anyone wont want to anyway DLC or not

Thought it was really good, but found that they needed to have made more different spaces, too much of the same for me. Thats why I think HL2 + the episodes is the better game.

If i have too much time on my hands I might..........might, play it again and save the girls. I dont normally bother so Im not sure if I actually will. Maybe Ill just download the end video from somewhere instead.......

teamxbox said:
After the tremendous success of BioShock, Take-Two is considering starting a franchise of Irrational Games' masterpiece. There have been rumors that 2K Marin could be working on a sequel to BioShock, with many of the members of the BioShock development team moving from 2K Boston to the Bay Area.

The latest rumors come from the Czech Republic, where Hrej.cz claims that an unnamed source within 2k Games told them that the second game in the series will be set before the events depicted in BioShock, which means that we could actually get to see firsthand the fall of Rapture, the fictional underwater dystopian city featured in the first game.

That could be a really smart move. Would love to see Rapture working and then experience it all going horribly wrong......could imagine it to be even more impressive then seeing it in a mess in the current game.

Also, if they make a 3rd version thats set after the original game it could be rreally good to play through boishock 2, then continue the story in bioshock and then finally finish it in bioshock 3........my mind is already racing with the possibilities. Shame its only a rumour atm.

screenshot_198076.jpg

£10 now in some places

and that mag is bound to say its better on PS3 cuz its a PS3 mag :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom