Best OFFLINE game: PES6 or PES2009?

Which game is best OFFLINE?

• Total voters
For my money offline play is taken by PES 2009. Its a lot smoother than PES 6 and the close control of the ball is a lot better, there are a lot less niggly fouls and just giving the ball away too easily. The shooting is more realistic, the graphics are better, the commintary is better, there are more teams, more boots, more tournaments now with the Champions League. New modes like become a legend are really a lot of fun. Sadly some things have been lost like the number of stadiums you can play in and challenge training but overall I prefer PES 2009 as a game to play. Though I will forever have a soft spots for earlier PES games. I feel in love with the series at PES 3... (what a fateful day...)

This moment will be written in history forever.. :COOL:

Here comes the overtake!!

This doesn't mean PES6 is better than PES2009: in some aspects PES2009 outruns PES6, such as for the graphics (even if I like the PES6 ones more than the PES2009 ones), but this shows how many people still LOVE the wonderful game PES6 is :P

no dobut pes 6 was a great game, that is why people are still playing it more than two years after its release.

I didnt play pes 2008 much (homosexual slowdown on my pc), and at first i thought pes 2009 was too much like pes 2008, i didnt even buy it until a month ago.

However its not, the game grows on you the more you play. The passing is much better than 6 (passes too frequently underhit, innacurate)and first touch is so much more realistic, alot pes 6 players have the first touch of a rapist.

Apart from the highly annoying random computer autoslide, that 9 times out of ten results in a red card i cant think of too many things wrong with pes 2009 (although this does ruin games it's not too much of a problem).

Ultimately PES 6 with all the modding is a greater game in terms of legacy (nobody will be playing pes 2009 in 2 years), but pes 2009 is a better, more realistic, and just more fun game.

I just feel that in pes2009 both pace and tempo are completely wrong. Not to mention the poor animations. Maybe in single player the AI is better but as far as multiplayer goes pes6 is miles ahed for me.

I don't understand how people can praise the PASSING of PES2009. This is, in my opinion, the worst thing about the game. It seems almost random whether a pass is long or short (even though you hold down the pass button) and especially the deep passing really sucks now...

PES 2009 by a billion miles. PES6, while great at the time, has really shown its age. I am constantly challenged on Top Player on 2009, but I could go weeks without losing a game of PES6. The AI was woeful at constructing an attack, and I could slice open its defence with my eyes closed. If you vote for PES6, I guess you're just not very good at it.

Co-sign!

PES 2009 by a billion miles. PES6, while great at the time, has really shown its age. I am constantly challenged on Top Player on 2009, but I could go weeks without losing a game of PES6. The AI was woeful at constructing an attack, and I could slice open its defence with my eyes closed. If you vote for PES6, I guess you're just not very good at it.

lol..of course, it makes all sense. There's more than 50% of the people prefering PES6, a 2 and 1/2 year old game, just because they don't know how to play PES09. Aahah.

lol..of course, it makes all sense. There's more than 50% of the people prefering PES6, a 2 and 1/2 year old game, just because they don't know how to play PES09. Aahah.

I believe he means SINGLE PLAYER....I must admit that PES2009 is by far the hardest PES EVER....

Ok...but he's saying that whoever voted for PES6 was because wasn't good at 09..lol. That's OBVIOUSLY not the reason so many people sticked with PES6. It's simply a better game. Not perfect, but way better than two last PES.

Now it's absolutely useless to play PES 2009. It doesn't have and won't have FULL kitserver like in PES 6. I guess we should all concentrate on PES 6 now sinc there will be no kitservers for future PES games

With PES6, it felt like PES right out of the box. 2009 feels like 2008, which was crap.

thats not true.

i played last week 2008 (pc) again and its a totaly different game to 2009.

2008 i can go near every time solo in front of the goal and shoot, u cant do that on 2009. it feels totaly different.

since i found a really great patch for pes6 and i have atm an error at pes09 i think about to play pes6 again.

atleast i wanna give pes6 a try again.

are you seabass or something? all you do is try to promote bal. you can play cheap bal in pes 6 so you don't even need pes 09.

are you seabass or something? all you do is try to promote bal. you can play cheap bal in pes 6 so you don't even need pes 09.

Yes, but you can't do everything you can do in PES 09, can you? Can you be called up for International Duty? Win the World Cup/European Championships? Become European/World Footballer of the year, be transferred between clubs and all as just one player? No. Can you have all the off pitch stuff, as well as the BAL gameplay? No. Believe me, if BAL was as shallow as ML has become (game over, instead of hiring/firing for example) then I wouldn't bother with it, it's because it's got potentially such a long lasting playing life. And I'm not trying to promote BAL at all, I'm just offering my opinion to those who might not have bought the game yet, because maybe they're as bored of the Master League mode as me and are looking for something fresh from PES. If I think a game mode is worth the entry fee alone, I'll tell people about it. Whether they get the game or not is entirely up to them obviously!

If PES 6 had all the features of BAL, I'd go back to that happily: it has Stadium server.

I don't understand how people can enjoy playing 09. That's simply not football.. but everybody has their preferences... ;)

people, people, about BAL... didn't you all ever ear about NEW STAR SOCCER 3 or even the new, 4??? my GOD, that's a real BAL... and is more, but by far, more realistic than BAL from pes2009, only difference is the graphics, and the difficult is very different too, go see here and reply after...

http://www.newstarsoccer.com/

have fun

I much rather be able to play all my career for the team I love then be bought and sold to teams I hate. I also rather have the ability to change the team formation instead of getting a cutscene of being the world footballer of the year.

I don't understand how people can enjoy playing 09. That's simply not football.. but everybody has their preferences... ;)

Exactly.

I much rather be able to play all my career for the team I love then be bought and sold to teams I hate. I also rather have the ability to change the team formation instead of getting a cutscene of being the world footballer of the year.

Fair enough, that's your preference. What I'm looking for is the depth of Fifa, mixed with the gameplay of PES, but we're very unlikely to ever get that, so BAL has at least given some much needed depth to PES, albeit not in Master League mode of course.

what i do really not understand and why pople has to criticise a game that other people enjoy, saying that its not football (in the case of pes2009, and honestly i cant really understand why its not football) or saying graphic its too hold (in case of pes6)
Seriously, cant really people just enjoy the version they like more without mocking at the others?

vihn, the topic's name is 'PES6 or PES09'...I don't think Im mocking anybody. Im just saying I don't understand, because I don't. I mean, football is not running like speedy gonzalez whole game and having no build up at all, for example.
But the thing is, one year ago, I was saying the same thing about PES08 and the exact same people were like...'Oh nooo, of course 08 is real football, bla bla bla', and it seems that now they all admit 08 was crap. Just like 1.3 patch was released all people was happy saying 'oh, no more stupid passing, oh no more stupid shooting, bla bla bla'. So how could it be good before with so many 'stupid' bugs?
I respect other people opinions but we are on a forum, I think Im posting on the right topic..and not offending anybody ;)
If people say they can't play pes6 because graphics are old, I won't feel offended ;) Like I said before, everybody has their preferences.
If somebody posted something like 'I can't see how can somebody play a game that has 3 years old graphics...', I would just say because its gameplay is great and I value that, and, in my opinion, it's still the best.

Seriously, cant really people just enjoy the version they like more without mocking at the others?
Sometimes it's not just a matter of graphics, it depends on what you are looking for.
I'll make once again the same example I usually do: I love every single game from the Virtua Striker series (except VS4 that didn't provide any feeling of being in charge of the team). They don't have good graphics and they don't even have realistic gameplay, but they're fun to play and are very good for a laugh among friends when you don't want things to get "too bad"..

I would just say because its gameplay is great and I value that, and, in my opinion, it's still the best.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
We still play PES5 and PES6 PS2 and we never got either upset with the graphics being old or bored with the game being old.

And about the ones that think PES6 is too easy so it's not a real footie game I suggest these 2 things:
- Try playing with not-that-good sides (such as Chievo) and then we'll see if it's still easy.. I may be wrong but I'm playing a championship with Chievo and I struggle to get a tie against Milan, Roma and such teams.. I managed to beat 1-0 In*&r and I still don't know how, then I got a 3-0 defeat against Roma and a 1-1 tie against Milan.. Not that bad for being Chievo in the end..
- If also with a weak team things seem too easy, try varying the way you get to the goal (e.g. stop cutbacking at any time). Once in a match, a cutback can be done (yesterday Milan scored a goal with a cutback against Atalanta) but scoring four times in a match, all the goals coming from cutbacks, well, you're right: it's not football anymore.

or only buy youth players and loan older ones. like pretend you have no cash. that makes my masterleagues more fun.

Doesn't matter how much you do, Master League on PES will never be good enough...that's why we want RME so much.
But I also agree that being easier than PES09, PES6 can be quite challenging. It depends on the OF (try mancini one from pes6fm) and don't use only Barcelona and Real Madrid...it's actually quite fun. Defenses are good, but the opponent lacks some creativity on attack.
But Im happy that not every freekick I concede is a sure goal for the COM.
Anyway, using the right OF can make all difference on PES6. I can' play PES6 default OF...it's really unbalanced.

Doesn't matter how much you do, Master League on PES will never be good enough...that's why we want RME so much.
But I also agree that being easier than PES09, PES6 can be quite challenging. It depends on the OF (try mancini one from pes6fm) and don't use only Barcelona and Real Madrid...it's actually quite fun. Defenses are good, but the opponent lacks some creativity on attack.
But Im happy that not every freekick I concede is a sure goal for the COM.
Anyway, using the right OF can make all difference on PES6. I can' play PES6 default OF...it's really unbalanced.

I cannot wait for RME, it sounds excellent!

Back
Top Bottom