Best OFFLINE game: PES6 or PES2009?

Which game is best OFFLINE?

• Total voters
Seems most people who write here prefers PES6.
Yet I can see that PES2009 is leading a bit in the poll.
Can anyone else of the people voting for PES2009 explain why?

Yep, I am not a big fan of PES2009 and it seems that all of the post stand by the side of PES6, but look the result, can I say it was a scorn for human life?

I actually find the result somewhat strange. Is is almost 50/50 which game people prefer.
I wonder, what are the key differences between the two games?
Is there maybe some feature or game mechanic that some prefer and some don't?
Well, it's a matter of taste. Gameplay-wise I feel there's no match: PES6 still rules. PES2009 is way too easy, in PES6 you actually have to stop and THINK ABOUT the move you're going to perform, otherwise it will end up being a disaster. PES6 lets you control the game flow better than PES2009, and this is something very important. You can even set the pace of the gameplay if you're good enough. In PES2009 this kind of control over the pace can't be achieved.

On the other hand I think that actually PES2009 is better than PES6 in matter of graphics, BUT I still prefer PES6's graphics. I don't know why but when I play PES6 during the last matches of a season, I seem to "feel the breeze" when I look at the screen.. The graphics may not be photorealistic, but they feel more "natural" to me compared to the ones featured in PES2009.

In my opinion PES6 offers a better gameplay, and a better sense of immersion compared to PES2009. And that's why I voted for it.
Well, the sense of immersion hasn't ever been a key feature of the PES series I must admit. FIFA09 betters PES6 by miles in this case, but who cares :P

Like for example, computer players in Professional and Top Player level will ALWAYS react to feint shots (square-X) whereas computer on Normal mode will not so much as moving their feet when you do a feint shot.

You've got the point. I've recorded some videos on my youtube channel about the Pes 2009 I.A. I don't know why Konami doesen't made a patch to fix it.

YouTube - Pes 2009 - I.A

For me the better PES 6, I'm still on it and shoolym patch, and jaooo ... even though PES 9 is not too bad ...

I find that games in PES2009 get uglier. The computer tends to make players (on the same team) crash into each other in an attempt to get the ball and the passes are often completely insane. Either way too slow or way too fast.
Playing PES6 just feels more "tight".
PES2009 feels random - and at times very annoying.

Pes6 all the way, get a good option file based on FM (mancini for example) then play a league with a small team against a big one and you will really get a good challenge.

In all honestly we were just used to pes 6. Maybe at first it felt a bit different from Pes 5 but it more or less was just an update to Pes 5 with minor changes. Ok Pes 2008 wasnt the greatest by far. But it was still playable and I still played it. There aint alot wrong with pes 2009 to be honest. It might not be advanced enough for the times i.e 360 degree player motion( or the feeling of) but it is a tighter game. Its more about football and passing rather than just winger play in Pes 6. Pes 6 was too easy to run down the wing with a fast player play the "cut back move" and score. Theres alot to change in Pes, online mode for starters, but it will get there. Graphics are getting better so thats one thing out of the way. You dont get playability with pes as you do with Fifa. You never have im afraid. Fifa always feels arcade-like. Ok, Fifa has vastly improved this year hence why alot of people have gone to it. Maybe we expect a bit too much from a football game. Remember it is a video game. For example the old mario kart for the snes was ace. New mario kart for wii is ok good fun but it aint much better. Sometimes its just hard to top a good game.

PES6?! The only reason it is still played (and I came back for playing it, I admit it) it's because of the last generation graphics (less demanding on the CPU), and because it has tons of more faces, AND because Shollym still keeps updating it. Better gameplay?!?! HA! Laughable... tackles don't work, I mean, they do... only for the CPU: they tackle you, your player goes 10 feet away from the ball, you tackle a CPU player, it's like tackling superman himself, no matter who. I mean, this happens in PES 2008 and 2009, but not so frequently. The ball bounces back to the CPU players all the time, the match is so scripted, it looks more like a soap opera, seriously... PES 6 is only fun for playing offline against other human players, as 2008 and 2009 are too. And I really don't know why PES 2008 is so bashed here. I mean, I hated it at first too, but that's version 1.0 It really sucks, it does. But I think most people here gave up on 2008 at that time, and never got to play the game with the Konami 1.2 patch. It really improves the gameplay enough to make it more enjoyable than PES 6, seriously...

i LOVED pes6 ( still on my pc )

Hated pes2008. Kept playing pes6.

PES2009 ? superb , with right rig and set up the gameplay is so much more realsitic and challenging.

Pes 2009 still has a lot of bugs that ruin the experience of playing it offline (online is just unplayable). If you play solo the game is too easy, in all levels of difficulty. If you play it against someone else all the bugs come to surface. Bad AI, passing in a completely different direction than you intended to, keepers lots of times bad positioned and always getting goals on the first post, the heading game is awful all you see is diving headers (I used to love the heading in PES series and for some time it completely differentiate PES from other footy games), getting tackled and not being awarded a free kick, taking the ball clean and get yellow or even red cards, it amazes me how in 2008 we still can't pass the ball in a simple free kick in your own midfield to the player you want to (they even remove the possibility of calling a sencond player to receive it unless you are close to goal), sometimes players seem to slide for a few meters, all the players do 90 degrees turns (its awful), changing the way some things were done like the dragback was a bad move, and don't you get the feeling that the game is cheating you sometimes?!, etc...

The only thing a liked about this game was the ball physics. But I didn't enjoyed playing solo or with friends.

When you some all of it, the game is crap. Back to the ps2 for me.

I agree about the free kicks. it's a bit lame that you can't decide who you want to pass to or call a second player to take it short. and yeah the ai cheats. but I've gotten used to that from playing 6 so much.
but when I played 08 online it was so much more fun than 6 for some reason that I can't describe. it feels a more balanced game compared to 6 you know.

January 19, 2009.. 10:30 AM..
We got the equalizer..

77-77 and the votes are absolutely fifty-fifty!!
Now I'm waiting for the overtake.. GO PES6!! :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
Damn it's insane that it can be absolutely 50/50.

I wonder if there is something I don't know about PES2009 - if not I simply can't understand how people can vote for it!

could anyone tell me if pes2009 on pc plays more like the 360 or ps3 version of the game because I have it on ps3 and think it's kind of poor but played it on my m8s 360 and it was so much better, more like the good times of pes6

Ps the game should run well on my machine?!:

AMD 64 x2 Dual core 5600+ 2.81ghz
4gb mem
8800 GT

Last edited:
Damn it's insane that it can be absolutely 50/50.
Yes it is, and I tell you why.
Because we're comparing a game that has more or less three months of life to a game that has MORE THAN 2 YEARS of life. And the result is still undecided..

By the way, 79/79.. PES6 holds on, and I'm still waiting for the overtake :SNACK:

when i played pes 2009 i was mad because they run ugly, bigger boots in their foot. then i get used to it. then i get mad becuase it cannot tackle as in pes2008 and u get red card way too easy.

pes 2009 all the way. 80/79 :P

I think we should reformulate the question:

"Which gameplay is better off line".

I think many vote for pes2009 just because it looks flashier. Gameplay wise there is clearly no competition.

mine runs fine on vista but i have to say my pes6 will be un-installed unless someone can create a server for it after the arses that are knoami cut theirs off 02/02/2009. How can they do this when you've paid money for an online game you should be able to play it online forever. At least over lan for christ sake.

mine runs fine on vista but i have to say my pes6 will be un-installed unless someone can create a server for it after the arses that are knoami cut theirs off 02/02/2009. How can they do this when you've paid money for an online game you should be able to play it online forever. At least over lan for christ sake.

Indeed, LAN is missing. Bunch of beginers.

The "old" Pes (pes3-6) is a game absolutely brilliant, with realism and fun. It simply has the "feeling"....
The "new" pes (08 and 09) is just a "next gen" effort, which still needs work and time. Its realism is superficial. You can see detailed grass, players, stadiums etc and that's it. When you start a game, you realise that it is still very far from real football. For me, it is like watching marionettes playing football....

I agree with him ... Gameplay is the most important thing in soccer simulator. Older pes versions "simply has the "feeling" ... feeling of control players ... feeling of real football ... I saw football match on TV & got myself on thought - "i saw this moments in other place (playing by body,long shoots, animation, etc)... and it was Pro Evolution Soccer 6"

PES 08 was very bad for me (like random FIFA Series)... i even almost not played it ... PES 09 little better because it more or less looks like PES 6 ... (step forward as somebody said here on this topic) ...

Like others said, pes6 is much better, but nothing can be compared to the king, Pes5.

PES 5 have unique interesting gameplay that differences from PES 6, but there's pair main drowbacks for my opinion - absurd recoils of the ball from players, boring judge with whistle (in the ass :DD)... if "judge problem" can be solved by editing player's aggresion in option file or more accurate playing ... the 1-st problem can't be ...
PES 6 gives more possibility of the individual play, plays by player's body in different situations ... anyway community patched edition with updated current transfers & other graphics stuff - it's awesome for me :) (i making own version for myself based on TSL'09 & little improved)

PS so i vote for PES 6 ... PES 5 still not bad too ...
Many PES players like PES version between 5 & 6 - Winning Eleven 9: Liveware Evolution (it was made for Korea specially in 2006 but with k-patch quite playable for english speaking peoples :) )... i wanna try it ... any opinions about WE9: LE ? Somebody played ?

Last edited:
WE 9 LE the best version of PES. All best features of PES 5 with pretty good referee... PES 6 and PES 2009 have rather similar gameplay. But I prefer graphic style of OLD PES. I don't like plastic faces of latest PES.

pes 6 it's the best for shooter.... for the free kicks, but pes 2009 (the same games at champion level) as a better gameplay.
In pes 2009 it's impossible for example kick a free-kick at two-man..... the first touch it's suc*s!!

Back
Top Bottom